Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CNN’s Gagliano: The Founders ‘Could Not Envision’ an 18-Year-Old Buying ‘A Weapon of War'

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Amazing, this guy never heard of the "child" soldiers of the Minutemen, who all were expected to have their own infantry capable weapons ready to muster along with themselves.

No, what they would find amazing is not that they could buy weapons, but that they could not buy beer.

It's quite possible that what the Founding Fathers really could not envision was the very existence of an FBI, or of a Special
    Advisory Agent thereof who would be so unpardonably ignorant, or irredeemably corrupt as to make such an assinine statement.
    Last edited by CCTelander; 02-20-2018 at 12:13 PM.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Founders envisioned standing armies. That's why all these alphabet agencies are unconstitutional.

The FBI was warned about this kid and did nothing. Hegelian Dialectic--Problem, Reaction, Solution. It's all about control and the Founders did in fact envision this.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Amazing, this guy never heard of the "child" soldiers of the Minutemen, who all were expected to have their own infantry capable weapons ready to muster along with themselves.

No, what they would find amazing is not that they could buy weapons, but that they could not buy beer.
    One bad law leads to and justifies another. Amazing how that works...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

So the Brown Bess wasn't a weapon of war?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    So the Brown Bess wasn't a weapon of war?
    Brown Bess was the mas produced British Army weapon. A smooth bore musket.

Kids in the colonies had highly accurate rifles.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Brown Bess was the mas produced British Army weapon. A smooth bore musket.

Kids in the colonies had highly accurate rifles.
    Still the point is, it was a weapon of war and I'm sure 18 year old kids could buy one if they wanted one.

The CNN chap was absolutely wrong in his statement.

He says, exercising his first amendment right to free speech that was written on parchment.

If the revolutionaries knew what we would become, they certainly would NOT have bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Still the point is, it was a weapon of war and I'm sure 18 year old kids could buy one if they wanted one.

The CNN chap was absolutely wrong in his statement.
    CNN is $hit.. but that's redundant.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

I think @Dr.3D is British. References to British guns, calling a dude "chap"... if I had a third clue that would go here.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    and an 18 yr old can still buy one..

Providing they are not a Prohibited Person.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    If the revolutionaries knew what we would become, they certainly would NOT have bothered.
    I really do not see how they did not realize it . They risked everything over a few taxes . Put themselves in charge and came up with more taxes .

I think @Dr.3D is British. References to British guns, calling a dude "chap"... if I had a third clue that would go here.
    Now you are insulting me by placing me as a citizen of that 3rd world country?

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I really do not see how they did not realize it . They risked everything over a few taxes . Put themselves in charge and came up with more taxes .
    I mean the people fighting, the actual revolutionaries.

Especially knowing they'd never get paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    He says, exercising his first amendment right to free speech that was written on parchment.
    That was made of hemp which is now illegal.
    There is no spoon.

I mean the people fighting, the actual revolutionaries.

Especially knowing they'd never get paid.
    Oh , that had to be a combination of no good sense and just wanting to shoot some redcoats. LOL

I'm surprised there aren't as many stories of looting from the Revolution as there were out of the Civil War. The Tories got plundered, but our armies had virtually no pay for a few stretches. Even when paid a commission, it was standard for soldiers to rob. Generals had to make dying worth their time.

But alas, that's what this thread is about.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12