Thread: Trump and GOP pushing gun control

Thumbs down Trump and GOP pushing gun control

According to reports on Fox News, the White House says President Donald Trump is “supportive” of the Dianne Feinstein-backed gun control bill.

For the sake of your Second Amendment rights, I hope it’s not true.

But here’s exactly what’s being reported:

White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said Trump spoke on Friday to Senate Majority Whip John Cornyn about a bill the Texas Republican had introduced alongside (anti-gun Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif. and) Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Conn . . . While discussions are ongoing and revisions are being considered, the president is supportive of efforts . . .”

-- Fox News 2/18/2018

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/19/politics/trump-background-checks-florida/index.html

https://nypost.com/2018/02/19/trump-...site%20buttons
    Last edited by Matt Collins; 02-19-2018 at 04:41 PM.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not gonna click through on on your usual habit of posting just a link.

But I don't have to.

Of course they are...they will be able to do what 8 years of O-bomb-ya could not.

The most recent major federal gun ban still in place came to us from the last great "conservative" Ronuld RayGun.

$#@! 'em all.

The GOP deserves to lose this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Not gonna click through on on your usual habit of posting just a link.

But I don't have to.

Of course they are...they will be able to do what 8 years of O-bomb-ya could not.

The most recent major federal gun ban still in place came to us from the last great "conservative" Ronuld RayGun.

$#@! 'em all.

The GOP deserves to lose this fall.
    Might it be time to vote the democrats in for a super majority and just start bringing about the inevitable conclusion?

Just posted an update to my original post.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

I don't believe anything will happen, I think Trump intends to talk a lot and do nothing.

That said, we can't afford to be complacent.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't believe anything will happen, I think Trump intends to talk a lot and do nothing.

That said, we can't afford to be complacent.
    Don't bet on it. The second amendment didn't do much to protect us from all the restrictions on full automatic weapons. It could just as easily happen now with AR style semi's. They've just been waiting to indoctrinate enough young minds. And I believe they have hit the mark they were waiting on.

This should come as no surprise to anyone. Republicans have a LONG history of betrayal where the 2nd Amendment is concerned. They've seldom, if ever, staunchly defended it, in fact.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    This should come as no surprise to anyone. Republicans have a LONG history of betrayal where the 2nd Amendment is concerned. They've seldom, if ever, staunchly defended it, in fact.
    The only time they did was when they were an opposition party and it didn't matter much.

That's the only thing they are good for.

They cannot and will not "take charge" and push freedom issues forward.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Don't bet on it. The second amendment didn't do much to protect us from all the restrictions on full automatic weapons. It could just as easily happen now with AR style semi's. They've just been waiting to indoctrinate enough young minds. And I believe they have hit the mark they were waiting on.
    I wonder how much sales have increased?

Obama was the best gun salesman the nation had seen.

Thumbs down

Don't bet on it. The second amendment didn't do much to protect us from all the restrictions on full automatic weapons.
    Yep and it was Reagan and the NRA who gave us that steaming pile of horse$#@!.

Might it be time to vote the democrats in for a super majority and just start bringing about the inevitable conclusion?
    Well the benefit to that strategy is that no conservatives would be confused as to who the enemy really is.

But Republicans who vote against guns and fiscal conservatism tend to lose their seats over the long run.

This

A MILLION TIMES THIS
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

If you think about it, it makes perfect sense that gun control would come under a GOP administration.

The GOP base would go absolutely ballistic (perhaps literally) if a Democrat did it, because they'd be suspicious of the motive.

Whereas, if a GOPer does it, they're more inclined to rationalize it away as some kind of necessary evil, as FOX is doing now.

It may be that nothing happens, but we're closer now than we've been in years, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I wonder how much sales have increased?

Obama was the best gun salesman the nation had seen.
    gun makers have suffered of late as they had a inventory glut, due to mass manufacturing expecting a Clinton presidency and sales have been for $#@! during the Trump regime. This should perk them up.

Trump and Nikolas Cruz exchanged emails?

"I think I am going to kill people"

The bio on one of his Instagram accounts read, "annihilator."

At one point in the chat, he wrote, "I think I am going to kill people." After a member told him not to say things like that, he said he was just playing.

During one of the anti-Semitic rants in the chat, Cruz spoke of his birth mother, saying, "My real mom was a Jew. I am glad I never met her."
    Roger and Lynda Cruz adopted Cruz when he was a child. Roger died in 2004, and Lynda died last fall after an illness.

In his first message to the chat group, Cruz bragged about writing a letter to President Donald Trump -- and receiving a response. CNN reached out to the White House for comment about any correspondence to and from Cruz but has not heard back.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/16/us/ex...oup/index.html
    If true, this is looking like a Trump false flag anti-2a op.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.