Thread: Georgia school to drug-test students by using hair samples

Georgia school to drug-test students by using hair samples

From Drudge;

Georgia school to drug-test students by using hair samples

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/georgi...eaX2Oc1WyJH1L/

COLUMBUS, Ga.
    A private school in east Georgia intends to start drug-testing its oldest students.

The Columbus Ledger-Enquirer reports that Brookstone School in Columbus recently announced that the drug-testing of students in grades 8-12 will be voluntary next school year - and then mandatory in succeeding years.

Brookstone plans to use students' hair samples which are sent to Psychemedics Corp. to conduct the testing, the newspaper reported. The Massachusetts-based company would then provide test results within a few days.

Psychemedics automatically will test Brookstone students for 18 types of drugs. Alcohol isn't among them, but parents and guardians may request their child's test to include alcohol screening, the newspaper reported.

The focus of the program is the health and well-being of students, Brookstone said in a statement.

"There is a national drug crisis impacting all communities and all schools," it said. "Brookstone is committed to responding to this national health issue and being fully engaged in proactively making a positive difference in the lives of its students."

School officials added that drug-testing will improve the school's ability to work with parents and health professionals to help students.

"The daily news has made us all acutely aware of the significance and size of this growing crisis. We must be a part of the solution as we work to save children from this critical health issue," Jason Branch, chairman of the school's board of trustees, said in a statement.

Brookstone has about 800 students, including 370 in grades 8-12, school spokeswoman Connie Mansour said.

The reaction from Brookstone parents has been "overwhelmingly positive," said Marty Lester, the Head of School.

Lester acknowledged "a few" parents have criticized the policy, but the concern has been more about questioning how the policy came about and how it will be implemented, he said. No parents have told him they will remove their child from Brookstone because of the policy, he said.

Brookstone hired Lester 1½ years ago from St. Paul's Episcopal School in Mobile, Alabama, where students have been drug-tested for a dozen years, he said.

"In all my years there and in all the parent meetings I had to talk about it, I can remember only one that ended badly," he said. "The other ones all ended with a 'Thank you.'"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well , I would have failed for weed and booze . I am trying to think of the other 17 things they would test for ? Nicotine , Cocaine , Meth , Opioides .... What else ?

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    "In all my years there and in all the parent meetings I had to talk about it, I can remember only one that ended badly," he said. "The other ones all ended with a 'Thank you.'"
    I bet I can guess how that other one ended.

In this case, parents have a choice about whether to send their children there, but I can't imagine letting a third party violating my child's 4th amendment rights and paying for the privilege.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Well , I would have failed for weed and booze . I am trying to think of the other 17 things they would test for ? Nicotine , Cocaine , Meth , Opioides .... What else ?
    Sex, drugs, & rock 'n' roll.
    There is no spoon.

Will teachers be tested, too?

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    If they test for peyote, I could see some Injun family suing for discrimination.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    If they test for peyote, I could see some Injun family suing for discrimination.
    They cannot test for shrooms or peyote .

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Probably need to check Danke for bath salts .....

SSRI's ?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

School is doing it's job, preparing these kids for life in AmeriKa where tyranny is like a water to a fish.

I predict shaven heads (at least) to be the new fashion at this school.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    I predict shaven heads (at least) to be the new fashion at this school.
    And orange jumpsuits for uniforms.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

There is a national drug crisis impacting all communities and all schools. But I have read here that hair follicle test can be bypassed
    Last edited by DilanShark; 08-08-2019 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandalyn View Post
    I think most US schools and colleges should implement such a practice in life. From time to time to check students, I mean different types of drug tests. It will keep them always in the right way.
    If you are single and live anywhere close to The Texas, I have someone you might want to meet.

Last edited by sparebulb; 10-21-2019 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    If you are single and live anywhere close to The Texas, I have someone you might want to meet.

You sure about that??

Actually, all students should visit some seminars or training to be aware of drug danger and to know how to detox your body from weed. Here are a lot of helpful information for you to know about body detox
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    You sure about that??

[/FONT]
    Yes.

The Texican has a detox program that works really fast.

And there is a facility located in every county and city in this GREAT AMERICA.

The way political developments are happening at the highest level, WoD (War On Drugs) across America could pick up pace further by Nov 2020.

Trump going after medical marijuana patients
    February 11, 2020
    Most notably, Trump’s proposed 2021 federal budget aims to end a key protection for state-legal medical marijuana programs. Cannabis remains illegal under federal law, so the protection works by prohibiting federal law enforcement officials from interfering with state-legal medical cannabis programs.
    “Basically what we saw in the president’s budget was granting permission to the DOJ to go after legal medical marijuana programs,” Perez told Leafly. “It’s not something that’s totally unexpected, and in fact it’s in line with this administration’s harsh views on drug policy.”

leafly.com/news/politics/why-is-trump-targeting-medical-marijuana-in-an-election-year

hair test is the most reliable and difficult at this time. Not everywhere you required to pass it. But if you going to pass, so please, be ready. The first and major thing you need is to cleanse your body. Here some great tips and tricks how to prepare yourself for hair drug test and pass it positively.
    Good points. The best tip or trick is to avoid their systems of control whenever possible.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

Burn a Fat one kids,, and get out of that school quick.

Heck,, Fake an OD if you can..
    Just get the Phuck Out.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Burn a Fat one kids,, and get out of that school quick.

Heck,, Fake an OD if you can..
    Just get the Phuck Out.
    I like this.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

I understand that they are doing to make it right but it often doesn't turn out so
    A random drug test at school after a small puff of weed can make more harm than good, stigmatize, and ruin someone's young life

Quote Originally Posted by alexny4222 View Post
    I understand that they are doing to make it right but it often doesn't turn out so
    A random drug test at school after a small puff of weed can make more harm than good, stigmatize, and ruin someone's young life
    Help and understanding of the problem root, that's what matters here, not pressure and OVERcontrol
    I've been through it with my son