Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FBI fails to act on intel in school shooting

FBI fails to act on intel in school shooting

Apparently the FBI was told multiple times that the recent school shooter in S Florida was a threat, and they did not act on that information.

Governor Rick Scott has called for the FBI Director's resignation:

https://www.local10.com/news/parklan...nvestigate-tip
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Apparently the FBI was told multiple times that the recent school shooter in S Florida was a threat, and they did not act on that information.

Governor Rick Scott has called for the FBI Director's resignation:

https://www.local10.com/news/parklan...nvestigate-tip
    We should arrest anybody making any sort of threat against anybody. Can't be too careful. They might actually do something.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    We should arrest anybody making any sort of threat against anybody.
    Bush 41, Bush 43, Clinton 42, Clinton 45

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post

#18 – Paul Wilcher – Attorney investigating corruption at Mena Airport with Casolaro was found dead in his Washington DC apartment.
    Wilcher had delivered a 105-page affidavit to Attorney General Janet Reno
    on 5.21.1993.

Wilcher's badly decomposed body was found in his apartment.
    Upon that gruesome discovery his apartment was sealed and searched and all documents removed.

COLD CASE "No cause of death was ever reported by the coroner."

#20 – Barbara Wise – Commerce Department staffer. Worked closely with Ron Brown and John Huang.
    Died November 29, 1996. Her bruised, naked body was found locked in her office at the Department of Commerce.

COLD CASE:
    Cause of death: Unknown.
    Last edited by Jan2017; 02-16-2018 at 04:56 PM.

Never let a tragedy go to waste. Democrats want to take away your guns, and Republicans want to increase the police state. greaaat.

I wonder... A kid use a gun to take the lives of 17 people and we all call him a psychopath. But these guys use their tools (media, legislation, government edict) to steal the liberty of millions of Americans; what do we call them?!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

We should arrest anybody making any sort of threat against anybody. Can't be too careful. They might actually do something.
    You and FBI might be lucky as stupidity is not a criminal offense. Not sure about gross negligence - Deputies called to suspected shooter’s home 39 times over seven years - https://nypost.com/2018/02/16/deputi...r-seven-years/

Jan2017

We should arrest anybody making any sort of threat against anybody.
    Bullying . . .

#3 – Vince Foster – Former White House counselor, and colleague of Hillary Clinton at Little Rock’s Rose Law firm.
    Died of a gunshot wound to the head in july 1993, 6 months into the Clinton42 administration, ruled a suicide.
    Last edited by Jan2017; 02-16-2018 at 05:01 PM.

#3 – Vince Foster – Former White House counselor, and colleague of Hillary Clinton at Little Rock’s Rose Law firm.
    Died of a gunshot wound to the head, ruled a suicide.
    This is the kind of BS they force everybody to believe in for fear of losing their job(life?). Everybody knows they wouldn't lie to us. Right? RIGHT?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    You and FBI might be lucky as stupidity is not a criminal offense. Not sure about gross negligence - Deputies called to suspected shooter’s home 39 times over seven years - https://nypost.com/2018/02/16/deputi...r-seven-years/
    What charges should he have been arrested for? What crimes were committed? Should the government have the power to put people in jail or mental institutions because the do not approve of their behavior? What should the FBI have done?

Details about the calls to the Broward County Sheriff’s Office — obtained from police records by CNN — were not immediately available and it was impossible to determine if all involved Cruz.
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/16/us/sh...nvs/index.html
    Another neighbor, concerned about Cruz "acting weird" in the backyard took video of him dressed in boxer shorts shooting what appeared to be a BB gun. The man, who asked not to be identified, said his wife watched Cruz shooting bottles, cans and buckets over and over again for two days in October 2017. He sometimes pointed the gun toward their window, the man said.
    He recalled Cruz stealing peoples' mail, throwing rocks at cars and tormenting animals. He described one incident in which he said Cruz "cornered a squirrel and was trying to throw rocks at it and kill it."
    "Teen arrested for throwing rocks!"
    "Teen in jail for shooting BB gun in back yard!"

He was depressed because his mom died. Is that a crime?

Not everyone who crossed paths with Cruz saw reason for concern. The attorney for the family who took him in after his mother's death said they were aware of trouble he'd earlier had at school and saw signs of depression.

But, "they didn't see any danger," Jim Lewis said of the unidentified family. "They are horrified just like everybody else."

Lewis described Cruz as "a smaller kid" and said there was an indication "there may have been some bullying going on."
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 02-16-2018 at 05:27 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What charges should he have been arrested for? What crimes were committed? Should the government have the power to put people in jail or mental institutions because the do not approve of their behavior? What should the FBI have done?
    You do know that there are laws regarding the communication of a threat? These laws are in place to save the sorry sons-a-bitches that communicate threats from those such as myself who would just as soon eliminate them.

Dammit, you all! Stop making me agree with Zippy!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    You do know that there are laws regarding the communication of a threat? These laws are in place to save the sorry sons-a-bitches that communicate threats from those such as myself who would just as soon eliminate them.
    What sort of credible, specific threats did he make?

to save the sorry sons-a-bitches that communicate threats from those such as myself who would just as soon eliminate them.
    Is that a credible threat to kill somebody? Should the FBI come and arrest you?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Zippy makes no claims. How can you agree with him?

What sort of credible, specific threats did he make?

Is that a credible threat to kill somebody? Should the FBI come and arrest you?
    I suppose we'll never know given that they never investigated the complainant or the accused. They were obviously too busy with Russians.

I did mention that there were laws in place to keep me from having the need to, didn't I? See? I'm just a law abiding American.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Gee I wonder why. / sarc
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

^^^THIS^^^
    I need a shower now.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Zippy makes no claims. How can you agree with him?
    Zippy is making a good point by implication. (eeeeewww, that left a bad taste on my tongue)

Not only shouldn't the FBI be engaging in "pre-crime" but they shouldn't be involved in an entirely local homicide.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

This kind of stuff is like natural disasters in my mind. caring for a mentally ill person is a 24/7 task and even then we only exacerbate the problem with the crazy chemical cocktails we feed them if only to placate our immense dissatisfaction for any kind of focus or acknowledgement that this problem is unsolvable.

we are in total denial about the level of mental illness in this country, yet most folks are on some kind of mind altering drug and gladly accept the definition of normal to be "not committing mass murder today".

we live in a dangerous world. population growth and the exposure to immediate information makes it seems like the impact from natural disasters are on the rise when in reality, the problem of natural disasters has been with us since the beginning. There is no way to stop it. We just have to be prepared and protect ourselves. that is all.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by newbitech View Post
    This kind of stuff is like natural disasters in my mind. caring for a mentally ill person is a 24/7 task and even then we only exacerbate the problem with the crazy chemical cocktails we feed them if only to placate our immense dissatisfaction for any kind of focus or acknowledgement that this problem is unsolvable.

we are in total denial about the level of mental illness in this country, yet most folks are on some kind of mind altering drug and gladly accept the definition of normal to be "not committing mass murder today".

we live in a dangerous world. population growth and the exposure to immediate information makes it seems like the impact from natural disasters are on the rise when in reality, the problem of natural disasters has been with us since the beginning. There is no way to stop it. We just have to be prepared and protect ourselves. that is all.
    Very wise post.

You'll never see the media going after psychotropic drugs - the manufacturers of these drugs are some of the media's biggest advertisers!

And on this forum, all we can talk about is guns and law enforcement. The government has proven it can't deliver quality education, and having students alive at the end of the day is not a moral victory.

If we want to make a push, this is the time to end the government system.

There were 3000 students at Douglas High School. If Cruz had help, or found a way to prevent students from running out the exits, he could have killed more than 17 people.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    And on this forum, all we can talk about is guns and law enforcement. The government has proven it can't deliver quality education, and having students alive at the end of the day is not a moral victory.

There were 3000 students at Douglas High School. If Cruz had help, or found a way to prevent students from running out the exits, he could have killed more than 17 people.
    The government school system isn't going away as long as the economy stinks, these days both parents have to work and can't afford schooling for their children without the government making people without children subsidize them, school vouchers are the best we can hope for until we fix the economy.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I wonder... A kid use a gun to take the lives of 17 people and we all call him a psychopath. But these guys use their tools (media, legislation, government edict) to steal the liberty of millions of Americans; what do we call them?!
    Highly efficient psychopaths.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

We should give him more help and more guns so he can overthrow the entire school system. (50 million K-12 students did not kill anybody this week- it is the school's fault!)

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The government school system isn't going away as long as the economy stinks, these days both parents have to work and can't afford schooling for their children without the government making people without children subsidize them, school vouchers are the best we can hope for until we fix the economy.
    I don't know about that. We managed to home school for 10 years. We didn't live large, but it is doable with realistic expectations. We don't live large, now, so it is possible to do it on one income, or with adjustments to work schedules.
    #NashvilleStrong

PS: Douglas High School is an affluent neighborhood in an affluent county. Almost every single student had a cell phone. Almost all students have cell phones, even in poor communities. Just shows you how expectations have risen.
    #NashvilleStrong

Stop him?
    they wanted him to do it
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ^^^THIS^^^
    I need a shower now.

Zippy is making a good point by implication. (eeeeewww, that left a bad taste on my tongue)

Not only shouldn't the FBI be engaging in "pre-crime" but they shouldn't be involved in an entirely local homicide.
    There shouldn't be an FBI. Which this increasingly proves. Plenty of assets and millions of dollars to find out that Russia participated in social media propaganda during the election. Kinda reminds me of Rand's waste report about the money spent to determine if Japanese quail have more sex when on cocaine.
    I'm just pointing out that this was perhaps the reason they have a hot line for this specific threat.
    But, it's funny you should mention as to why the FBI was involved so quickly. I was reading in another article that the bail bondsman that reported him for posting "I want to become a professional school shooter." got a call from the FBI within 30 mins. of the shooting asking him to call them back. Pretty quick work there wouldn't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    There shouldn't be an FBI. Which this increasingly proves. Plenty of assets and millions of dollars to find out that Russia participated in social media propaganda during the election. Kinda reminds me of Rand's waste report about the money spent to determine if Japanese quail have more sex when on cocaine.
    I'm just pointing out that this was perhaps the reason they have a hot line for this specific threat.
    But, it's funny you should mention as to why the FBI was involved so quickly. I was reading in another article that the bail bondsman that reported him for posting "I want to become a professional school shooter." got a call from the FBI within 30 mins. of the shooting asking him to call them back. Pretty quick work there wouldn't you think?
    http://www.cryptogon.com/?p=52348

Update: On the Day of the Shooting, Teachers Were Told There Would Soon Be a “Code Red” or “Lockdown” Drill

Via: Miami Herald:
    When the fire alarm rang near the end of the school day on Wednesday at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, teacher Ernest Rospierski assumed it was a “code red” drill.
    Earlier that day at a staff meeting, teachers had been told there would soon be a “code red” or “lockdown” drill — in which teachers and students practice their response to an immediate threat — but they hadn’t been told the date.
    Rospierski was sitting at his desk around 2:25 p.m. when the fire alarm rang. His students filed out of their third-floor classroom and made their way toward the stairs. Then Rospierski heard the sound of gunfire.

One Response to “Florida High School Shooting”

• pookie Says:
      February 15th, 2018 at 12:37 pm Bubba Rum Das over at ZeroHedge reports:
      “It’s obviously a False Flag; I was listening to an NPR interview of two sophomore girls who were there; first BOTH of them said they “thought it was a DRILL, because a DHS drill had been scheduled”…
      Also, they both said they heard the helicopters BEFORE the shooting started; apparently there was also an MRAP there w/ numerous SWAT teams almost instantly after the shooting started-
      Along w/ that, for 17 people killed along w/ 20 injured, only about 4 ambulances showed up in over two hours of footage covering then incident that I watched on the mainstream networks!
      DHS emergency trailer also present, that you see at almost all the Drills…”
      _____
      Any of these mass murders ever take place when there ISN’T a “drill” going on? Scheduled drills should be the sign for everyone to stay home that day.

Draw your own conclusions.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

This was how it all began. I remember, the day. A few years later, they ended corporal punishment in the schools and in the home. Then a few years after that ,when the kids were out of control, big pharm began producing drugs like Ritalin and labeling kids with ADD. Then came the SSRI's and Columbine.

Quote Originally Posted by navy-vet View Post

This was how it all began. I remember, the day. A few years later, they ended corporal punishment in the schools and in the home. Then a few years after that ,when the kids were out of control, big pharm began producing drugs like Ritalin and labeling kids with ADD. Then came the SSRI's and Columbine.
    You must spread some reputation around......

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    Stop him?
    they wanted him to do it
    That is my opinion..

and in a rare case of one surviving to speak,, claimed "voices" told him what to do. (Voice to skull)

and the kid was textbook material for programing. Emotionally and mentally vulnerable,,and on prescribed hypnotic drugs.

he was handled.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Jan2017

Our institutions fail us . . .
    US educational, medical, political institutions FAIL

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast