Thread: CIA Argues Selected Journalists Get Special Access

CIA Argues Selected Journalists Get Special Access

http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/15/ci...red-reporters/

Intelligence officials can selectively release classified information to trusted journalists while withholding the same information from other citizens who request it through open records laws, CIA lawyers argued Wednesday
    In a motion filed in New York federal court, the CIA claimed that limited disclosures to reporters do not waive national security exemptions to Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests. Intelligence and law enforcement agencies frequently deny records requests on the basis of protecting sensitive national security information, one of nine exemptions written into the federal FOIA law.
    The case stems from lawsuit against the CIA by New York-based independent journalist Adam Johnson, who had used FOIA to obtain emails between the agency’s public information office and selected reporters from the Wall Street Journal, the Washington Post and The New York Times. The emails the CIA provided to Johnson were redacted, leading him to question why he was not allowed to see the same information that had been given to uncleared reporters.

Johnson challenged the redaction in court, arguing that the CIA, once it has selectively disclosed information to uncleared reporters, cannot claim the same information is protected by a FOIA exemption.

Operation Mockingbird.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Meh who cares...the Russians are coming...the Russians are coming!!!!!!

Remember when CNN cleared an interview with bin Laden in Pakistan? The FBI and CIA had no idea where #1 was hiding at, but a "journalist" and his camera crew interviewed him just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Conspiracy Theory
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    Remember when
    Remember when He was in France for dialysis,, while the US was demanding the Afghanistan Govt turn him over?

Remember that they offered to do that?
    It was within weeks of his death.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post

You should watch "Sneakers", I disagree with Redford on an awful lot but his contempt for the intelligence community is spot on.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You should watch "Sneakers", I disagree with Redford on an awful lot but his contempt for the intelligence community is spot on.
    Condor - played by Redford - was a "researcher" of "the company" that hit it's own field office
    when they uncovered a bit too much . . . got lucky he was out of the office serendipitously. CIA was sloppy.

Condor - played by Redford - was a "researcher" of "the company" that hit it's own field office
    when they uncovered a bit too much . . . got lucky he was out of the office serendipitously. CIA was sloppy.

"Sneakers" is about "Setec Astronomy" an anagram of "too many secrets" that is the name of an NSA project to break the codes of all the other US government agencies.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    "Sneakers" is about "Setec Astronomy" an anagram of "too many secrets" that is the name of an NSA project to break the codes of all the other US government agencies.
    Redford and Dan Akroyd - "mic system that NASA used when they faked the Apollo moon landings" *sigh*
    but I get it. Thanks.

Last edited by Jan2017; 02-16-2018 at 09:39 PM.

Mohamed Farrah Aidid was giving daily press conferences. but nobody could find him.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Redford and Dan Akroyd - "mic system that NASA used when they faked the Apollo moon landings" *sigh*
    but I get it. Thanks.

It does have a comic feel to it but they were trying to warn us about the NSA, Hollywood is a liberal sinkhole so it is no wonder Akroyd is used to make "conspiracy theorists" look bad. (Ironic because the movie is about a government conspiracy that is presented as quite real)

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment