Thread: Romney Announces Run for Utah US Senate Seat

Romney Announces Run for Utah US Senate Seat

Mitt Romney launches Utah Senate campaign with dig at Trump
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43088376

Former Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney has announced he is running for a US Senate seat in Utah, while taking a dig at President Donald Trump.

In a Facebook campaign video, he lamented that Washington was sending "a message of exclusion" to immigrants.

Mitt Romney Announces He Is Running For US Senate
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...ning-us-senate

Last edited by goldenequity; 02-16-2018 at 11:07 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ready to serve, french fries.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    This is a brilliant tweet. Trump fires the first shot. The MSM will eat Romney alive. Will he call Trump a phony faud again? or will he align himself with the President and the MAGA agenda. If not endorsement easily rescinded.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

GOP rule change could give Mitt Romney the boot
    http://fox13now.com/2018/02/26/gop-r...mney-the-boot/

The Utah Republican Party is trying to decide who can be part of the organization.

Under a new bylaw passed Saturday, Feb. 24, any Republican candidate who accepts signatures while on route to the primary election, will lose their party membership.

Under these new rules, senatorial candidate Mitt Romney (as well as other candidates), could be kicked out of Utah’s GOP, should he continue to gather signatures as part of his run.

Revenge of the Utah Ron Paul Republicans?

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post

The Utah Republican Party is trying to decide who can be part of the organization.

Under a new bylaw passed Saturday, Feb. 24, any Republican candidate who accepts signatures while on route to the primary election, will lose their party membership.

Under these new rules, senatorial candidate Mitt Romney (as well as other candidates), could be kicked out of Utah’s GOP, should he continue to gather signatures as part of his run.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post

It couldn't happen to a nicer bum.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Gentleman Mitt is back. If he Getz tew D.C I just might
    post here more often than I recently have.

Mitt Romney was forced Saturday into a Republican primary for a U.S. Senate seat in Utah as he looks to restart his political career by replacing long-serving Sen. Orrin Hatch.Romney remains the heavy favorite overall to win the Senate seat in November. But if he had won the votes of a majority of the far-right leaning party delegates at the state GOP convention Saturday, he would have bypassed a primary altogether.

Instead, he was edged out by state lawmaker Mike Kennedy, who got 51 percent of the vote to Romney's 49 percent.
    Voters will decide between the two in a June 26 primary. Romney previously secured his spot on the ballot by gathering signatures.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/romney-se...-election.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Loser Mitt

Mittens ended up at a GOP convention that he couldn't rig, and lost. Let's hope that President Trump endorses him again in the primary.

Last edited by RonZeplin; 04-21-2018 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    Gentleman Mitt is back. If he Getz tew D.C I just might
    post here more often than I recently have.
    Let's make sure it doesn't happen.

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

In deep-red Utah, Romney defeated little-known state Rep. Mike Kennedy, who questioned Romney's conservative credentials.

More at: http://www.startribune.com/trump-s-c...ies/486637041/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Crowley's loss suggests that Democrats must overcome intraparty divisions if they hope to take control of Congress and key governors' offices nationwide.
    WTF is this about? Selling consulting services to stupid DEMs? These people should go home and stop embarrassing themselves on the national stage.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.