Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: [17 Dead] Numerous Fatalities at Douglas High School, Parkland, FL

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    I predict that she'll be on Alex Jones tomorrow, after the latest Trump propaganda release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Media ignoring 1 crucial factor in Florida school shooting

Here we go again. A horrific mass shooting occurs. Everyone is in shock and grief. Democrats blame guns and Republicans. Pundits urge the public, “If you see something, say something.” And everyone asks, “Why?”

As information about the perpetrator emerges, a relative confides to a newspaper that the “troubled youth” who committed the mass murder was on psychiatric medications – you know, those powerful, little understood, mind-altering drugs with fearsome side effects including “suicidal ideation” and even “homicidal ideation.”

Yet the predictable response from the press is always the same – not only a total lack of curiosity, but disdain for any who ask the question, as though connecting psychiatric meds to mass shootings is pursuing a “conspiracy theory.”

Florida school shooting suspect Nikolas Cruz

Here’s a good way to tell whether or not something is a conspiracy theory: If it’s true, it’s not a conspiracy theory.

In the case of Nikolas Cruz, the 19-year-old Florida mass-shooter, his mother’s sister, Barbara Kumbatovich, told the Miami Herald that she believed Cruz was on medication to deal with his emotional fragility.

Newtown, Connecticut, school shooter Adam Lanza

This is strikingly similar to reports right after the 2013 school massacre in Newtown, Connecticut, when Mark and Louise Tambascio, family friends of shooter Adam Lanza and his mother, were interviewed on CBS’ “60 Minutes,” during which Louise Tambascio told correspondent Scott Pelley: “I know he was on medication and everything, but she homeschooled him at home cause he couldn’t deal with the school classes sometimes, so she just homeschooled Adam at home. And that was her life.” And here, Tambascio tells ABC News, “I knew he was on medication, but that’s all I know.”

But there was little journalistic curiosity or follow-up, and one wonders whether that will be the case this time around.

But, you may well be asking, why is the issue of psychiatric medications even important?

Fact: A disturbing number of perpetrators of school shootings and similar mass murders in our modern era were either on – or just recently coming off of – psychiatric medications. A few of the most high-profile examples, out of many others, include:

• Columbine mass-killer Eric Harris was taking Luvox – like Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft, Effexor and many others, a modern and widely prescribed type of antidepressant drug called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, or SSRIs. Harris and fellow student Dylan Klebold went on a hellish school shooting rampage in 1999 during which they killed 12 students and a teacher and wounded 24 others before turning their guns on themselves. Luvox manufacturer Solvay Pharmaceuticals concedes that during short-term controlled clinical trials, 4 percent of children and youth taking Luvox – that’s one in 25 – developed mania, a dangerous and violence-prone mental derangement characterized by extreme excitement and delusion.
    • Patrick Purdy went on a schoolyard shooting rampage in Stockton, California, in 1989, which became the catalyst for the original legislative frenzy to ban “semiautomatic assault weapons” in California and the nation. The 25-year-old Purdy, who murdered five children and wounded 30, had been on Amitriptyline, an antidepressant, as well as the antipsychotic drug Thorazine.
    • Kip Kinkel, 15, murdered his parents in 1998 and the next day went to his school, Thurston High in Springfield, Oregon, and opened fire on his classmates, killing two and wounding 22 others. He had been prescribed both Prozac and Ritalin.
    • In 1988, 31-year-old Laurie Dann went on a shooting rampage in a second-grade classroom in Winnetka, Illinois, killing one child and wounding six. She had been taking the antidepressant Anafranil as well as Lithium, long used to treat mania.
    • In Paducah, Kentucky, in late 1997, 14-year-old Michael Carneal, son of a prominent attorney, traveled to Heath High School and started shooting students in a prayer meeting taking place in the school’s lobby, killing three and leaving another paralyzed. Carneal reportedly was on Ritalin.
    • In 2005, 16-year-old Jeff Weise, living on Minnesota’s Red Lake Indian Reservation, shot and killed nine people and wounded five others before killing himself. Weise had been taking Prozac.
    • In another famous case, 47-year-old Joseph T. Wesbecker, just a month after he began taking Prozac in 1989, shot 20 workers at Standard Gravure Corp. in Louisville, Kentucky, killing nine. Prozac-maker Eli Lilly later settled a lawsuit brought by survivors.
    • Kurt Danysh, 18, shot his own father to death in 1996, a little more than two weeks after starting on Prozac. Danysh’s description of own his mental-emotional state at the time of the murder is chilling: “I didn’t realize I did it until after it was done,” Danysh said. “This might sound weird, but it felt like I had no control of what I was doing, like I was left there just holding a gun.”
    • John Hinckley, age 25, took four Valium two hours before shooting and almost killing President Ronald Reagan in 1981. In the assassination attempt, Hinckley also wounded press secretary James Brady, Secret Service agent Timothy McCarthy and policeman Thomas Delahanty.
    • Andrea Yates, in one of the most heartrending crimes in modern history, drowned all five of her children – aged 7 years down to 6 months – in a bathtub. Insisting inner voices commanded her to kill her children, she had become increasingly psychotic over the course of several years. At her 2006 murder re-trial (after a 2002 guilty verdict was overturned on appeal), Yates’ longtime friend Debbie Holmes testified: “She asked me if I thought Satan could read her mind and if I believed in demon possession.” And Dr. George Ringholz, after evaluating Yates for two days, recounted an experience she had after the birth of her first child: “What she described was feeling a presence … Satan … telling her to take a knife and stab her son Noah,” Ringholz said, adding that Yates’ delusion at the time of the bathtub murders was not only that she had to kill her children to save them, but that Satan had entered her and that she had to be executed in order to kill Satan.Yates had been taking the antidepressant Effexor. In November 2005, more than four years after Yates drowned her children, Effexor manufacturer Wyeth Pharmaceuticals quietly added “homicidal ideation” to the drug’s list of “rare adverse events.” The Medical Accountability Network, a private nonprofit focused on medical ethics issues, publicly criticized Wyeth, saying Effexor’s “homicidal ideation” risk wasn’t well publicized and that Wyeth failed to send letters to doctors or issue warning labels announcing the change.And what exactly does “rare” mean in the phrase “rare adverse events”? The FDA defines it as occurring in less than one in 1,000 people. But since that same year 19.2 million prescriptions for Effexor were filled in the U.S., statistically that means thousands of Americans might experience “homicidal ideation” – murderous thoughts – as a result of taking just this one brand of antidepressant drug. Effexor is Wyeth’s best-selling drug, by the way, which in one recent year brought in over $3 billion in sales, accounting for almost a fifth of the company’s annual revenues.
    • One more case is instructive, that of 12-year-old Christopher Pittman, who struggled in court to explain why he murdered his grandparents, who had provided the only love and stability he’d ever known in his turbulent life. “When I was lying in my bed that night,” he testified, “I couldn’t sleep because my voice in my head kept echoing through my mind telling me to kill them.” Christopher had been angry with his grandfather, who had disciplined him earlier that day for hurting another student during a fight on the school bus. So later that night, he shot both of his grandparents in the head with a .410 shotgun as they slept and then burned down their South Carolina home, where he had lived with them. “I got up, got the gun, and I went upstairs and I pulled the trigger,” he recalled. “Through the whole thing, it was like watching your favorite TV show. You know what is going to happen, but you can’t do anything to stop it.” Pittman’s lawyers would later argue that the boy had been a victim of “involuntary intoxication,” since his doctors had him taking the antidepressants Paxil and Zoloft just prior to the murders.

Paxil’s known “adverse drug reactions” – according to the drug’s FDA-approved label – include “mania,” “insomnia,” “anxiety,” “agitation,” “confusion,” “amnesia,” “depression,” “paranoid reaction,” “psychosis,” “hostility,” “delirium,” “hallucinations,” “abnormal thinking,” “depersonalization” and “lack of emotion,” among others. The preceding examples are only a few of the best-known offenders who had been taking prescribed psychiatric drugs before committing their violent crimes – there are many others.
    Whether we like to admit it or not, it is undeniable that when certain people living on the edge of sanity take psychiatric medications, those drugs can – and occasionally do – push them over the edge into violent madness. Remember, every single SSRI antidepressant sold in the United States of America today, no matter what brand or manufacturer, bears a “black box” FDA warning label – the government’s most serious drug warning – of “increased risks of suicidal thinking and behavior, known as suicidality, in young adults ages 18 to 24.” Common sense tells us that where there are suicidal thoughts – especially in a very, very angry person – homicidal thoughts may not be far behind. Indeed, the mass shooters we are describing often take their own lives when the police show up, having planned their suicide ahead of time.

Never lost a lawsuit

Pharmaceutical manufacturers are understandably nervous about publicity connecting their highly lucrative drugs to murderous violence, which may be why we rarely if ever hear any confirmation to those first-day reports from grief-stricken relatives who confide to journalists that the perpetrator was taking psychiatric drugs. After all, who are by far the biggest sponsors of TV news? Pharmaceutical companies, and they don’t want any free publicity of this sort.

The truth is, to avoid costly settlements and public relations catastrophes – such as when GlaxoSmithKline was ordered to pay millions of dollars to the family of 60-year-old Donald Schell who murdered his wife, daughter and granddaughter in a fit of rage shortly after starting on Paxil – drug companies’ legal teams have quietly and skillfully settled hundreds of cases out-of-court, shelling out hundreds of millions of dollars to plaintiffs. Pharmaceutical giant Eli Lilly fought scores of legal claims against Prozac in this way, settling for cash before the complaint could go to court while stipulating that the settlement remain secret – and then claiming it had never lost a Prozac lawsuit.

Which brings us back to the key question: When are we going to get official confirmation as to whether Nikolas Cruz, like so many other mass shooters, had been taking psychiatric drugs?

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2018/02/media-ign...zP3OeloZWbD.99

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Watch the big network evening news, and you'll see the pharma ads are their bread and butter. Such a topic is the very last thing you'd see on their broadcasts, since they won't bite the hand that feeds them.

Only on the cut-rate networks will you see ads for lawyers suing those same drug pushers.

Why did the FBI drop the ball on this? Because they spent most of their man-hours trying to smear Trump?

FBI Was Notified Last Year of Threatening YouTube Comment by 'Nikolas Cruz'
    http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/02/1...t-nikolas-cruz

See Something, Say Something...
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    I think that the liberty movement would benefit from never letting a crisis go to waste. Of course many of us have come to loath the media and that mindset of politicians to use a tragedy to exploit people during their emotionally trying times, but it’s got to work both ways.

Instead of sitting back and watching others control the narrative that more gun control is needed, we could all be out there pushing the friendly voices such as Ben swann to explore the reasons why gun control methods have failed. We could be tweeting and facebooking support for armed teachers. We should know that the liberals want to use the tragedy to push their agendas, but they are on the wrong side of history.

I believe growing numbers of people are seeing gun control as failed policy. These people need to raise their voices, especially during times like these- there are people who are trying to cope with their thought processes which are all screwed up from the emotions of imagining these young kids last moments. I think we all want nothing more than to protect the kids from nutbags, and need to try to appeal to the logical side- which says gun control doesn’t work. The crazies will find a way and it’s time to re-examine if schools should be considering letting willing teachers arm themselves. They are the front lines in schools today.
    I don't think we have the number or the platform to control the narrative. Sobbing children and their families are all over TV and the internet crying and asking for action. They want something different this time and what they are asking for is gun control. they want to make it harder and harder to access those scary rifles and that is who the media and population is listening to.

I am against gun control but you cannot listen to those voices without getting touched. Every single one of this shooting incidents is a body blow to the side against control and the shots just keep coming.

My fear is that we have a man in the white house who one doesn't have any guiding principles, two not very intelligent and three is easily persuaded by emotional arguments. I am afraid that he would fold like a cheap lawn chair when the Ivanka comes crying to daddy. That's all I am saying

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I don't think we have the number or the platform to control the narrative. Sobbing children and their families are all over TV and the internet crying and asking for action. They want something different this time and what they are asking for is gun control. they want to make it harder and harder to access those scary rifles and that is who the media and population is listening to.

I am against gun control but you cannot listen to those voices without getting touched. Every single one of this shooting incidents is a body blow to the side against control and the shots just keep coming.

My fear is that we have a man in the white house who one doesn't have any guiding principles, two not very intelligent and three is easily persuaded by emotional arguments. I am afraid that he would fold like a cheap lawn chair when the Ivanka comes crying to daddy. That's all I am saying

I was thinking the same thing...

Sheriff Israel says there is a "right" to be protected. The courts would probably agree with him, as "right" is now defined as "something that seems like a good idea at the moment".

"It's for the children!!!"
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post

Yeah, you're probably right about this.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    That's exactly what I want to say, but these are people who still believe everything they're told by the MSM, so if I say that, they'll think I'm a lunatic.

I'll take a look at that article you linked to. Thank you! I really feel that we shouldn't be preaching to the choir here, we need to be out there talking to these people… Because we're getting to the point where if things don't change, we're going to lose our most cherished rights. And in my opinion, that is what the end goal is, it is what people have been deceived into doing… willingly give up their rights, for "safety."
    That's already happened.

The Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Eighth, Ninth and Tenth Amendments are dead letters in 2018 AmeriKa.

The First and Second are on their last legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Sheriff Israel says there is a "right" to be protected. The courts would probably agree with him, as "right" is now defined as "something that seems like a good idea at the moment".

"It's for the children!!!"
    The sheriff says we have that right, but the courts say the police have no obligation to protect us. And Israel seems to agree, judging by the fact that his response to this incident was to spend twenty minutes marshaling and organizing his forces, while the perp was left with free reign to do everything he wanted to do and leave the scene.

We have the right to protection. But what we get are officials who delay coming onto the scene until they can assure themselves a considerable margin of safety, and people prevented from and/or prosecuted for ensuring their safety themselves.

How differently would this have come out if, as with the Texas church, there were people around who were allowed to look out for their own safety?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 02-16-2018 at 11:28 AM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post

Media ignoring 1 crucial factor in Florida school shooting

Here we go again. A horrific mass shooting occurs. Everyone is in shock and grief. Democrats blame guns and Republicans. Pundits urge the public, “If you see something, say something.” And everyone asks, “Why?”

As information about the perpetrator emerges, a relative confides to a newspaper that the “troubled youth” who committed the mass murder was on psychiatric medications – you know, those powerful, little understood, mind-altering drugs with fearsome side effects including “suicidal ideation” and even “homicidal ideation.”

Yet the predictable response from the press is always the same – not only a total lack of curiosity, but disdain for any who ask the question, as though connecting psychiatric meds to mass shootings is pursuing a “conspiracy theory.”

Florida school shooting suspect Nikolas Cruz

Here’s a good way to tell whether or not something is a conspiracy theory: If it’s true, it’s not a conspiracy theory.

In the case of Nikolas Cruz, the 19-year-old Florida mass-shooter, his mother’s sister, Barbara Kumbatovich, told the Miami Herald that she believed Cruz was on medication to deal with his emotional fragility.

Newtown, Connecticut, school shooter Adam Lanza

This is strikingly similar to reports right after the 2013 school massacre in Newtown, Connecticut, when Mark and Louise Tambascio, family friends of shooter Adam Lanza and his mother, were interviewed on CBS’ “60 Minutes,” during which Louise Tambascio told correspondent Scott Pelley: “I know he was on medication and everything, but she homeschooled him at home cause he couldn’t deal with the school classes sometimes, so she just homeschooled Adam at home. And that was her life.” And here, Tambascio tells ABC News, “I knew he was on medication, but that’s all I know.”

But there was little journalistic curiosity or follow-up, and one wonders whether that will be the case this time around.

But, you may well be asking, why is the issue of psychiatric medications even important?

Fact: A disturbing number of perpetrators of school shootings and similar mass murders in our modern era were either on – or just recently coming off of – psychiatric medications. A few of the most high-profile examples, out of many others, include:

• Columbine mass-killer Eric Harris was taking Luvox – like Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft, Effexor and many others, a modern and widely prescribed type of antidepressant drug called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, or SSRIs. Harris and fellow student Dylan Klebold went on a hellish school shooting rampage in 1999 during which they killed 12 students and a teacher and wounded 24 others before turning their guns on themselves. Luvox manufacturer Solvay Pharmaceuticals concedes that during short-term controlled clinical trials, 4 percent of children and youth taking Luvox – that’s one in 25 – developed mania, a dangerous and violence-prone mental derangement characterized by extreme excitement and delusion.
    • Patrick Purdy went on a schoolyard shooting rampage in Stockton, California, in 1989, which became the catalyst for the original legislative frenzy to ban “semiautomatic assault weapons” in California and the nation. The 25-year-old Purdy, who murdered five children and wounded 30, had been on Amitriptyline, an antidepressant, as well as the antipsychotic drug Thorazine.
    • Kip Kinkel, 15, murdered his parents in 1998 and the next day went to his school, Thurston High in Springfield, Oregon, and opened fire on his classmates, killing two and wounding 22 others. He had been prescribed both Prozac and Ritalin.
    • In 1988, 31-year-old Laurie Dann went on a shooting rampage in a second-grade classroom in Winnetka, Illinois, killing one child and wounding six. She had been taking the antidepressant Anafranil as well as Lithium, long used to treat mania.
    • In Paducah, Kentucky, in late 1997, 14-year-old Michael Carneal, son of a prominent attorney, traveled to Heath High School and started shooting students in a prayer meeting taking place in the school’s lobby, killing three and leaving another paralyzed. Carneal reportedly was on Ritalin.
    • In 2005, 16-year-old Jeff Weise, living on Minnesota’s Red Lake Indian Reservation, shot and killed nine people and wounded five others before killing himself. Weise had been taking Prozac.
    • In another famous case, 47-year-old Joseph T. Wesbecker, just a month after he began taking Prozac in 1989, shot 20 workers at Standard Gravure Corp. in Louisville, Kentucky, killing nine. Prozac-maker Eli Lilly later settled a lawsuit brought by survivors.
    • Kurt Danysh, 18, shot his own father to death in 1996, a little more than two weeks after starting on Prozac. Danysh’s description of own his mental-emotional state at the time of the murder is chilling: “I didn’t realize I did it until after it was done,” Danysh said. “This might sound weird, but it felt like I had no control of what I was doing, like I was left there just holding a gun.”
    • John Hinckley, age 25, took four Valium two hours before shooting and almost killing President Ronald Reagan in 1981. In the assassination attempt, Hinckley also wounded press secretary James Brady, Secret Service agent Timothy McCarthy and policeman Thomas Delahanty.
    • Andrea Yates, in one of the most heartrending crimes in modern history, drowned all five of her children – aged 7 years down to 6 months – in a bathtub. Insisting inner voices commanded her to kill her children, she had become increasingly psychotic over the course of several years. At her 2006 murder re-trial (after a 2002 guilty verdict was overturned on appeal), Yates’ longtime friend Debbie Holmes testified: “She asked me if I thought Satan could read her mind and if I believed in demon possession.” And Dr. George Ringholz, after evaluating Yates for two days, recounted an experience she had after the birth of her first child: “What she described was feeling a presence … Satan … telling her to take a knife and stab her son Noah,” Ringholz said, adding that Yates’ delusion at the time of the bathtub murders was not only that she had to kill her children to save them, but that Satan had entered her and that she had to be executed in order to kill Satan.Yates had been taking the antidepressant Effexor. In November 2005, more than four years after Yates drowned her children, Effexor manufacturer Wyeth Pharmaceuticals quietly added “homicidal ideation” to the drug’s list of “rare adverse events.” The Medical Accountability Network, a private nonprofit focused on medical ethics issues, publicly criticized Wyeth, saying Effexor’s “homicidal ideation” risk wasn’t well publicized and that Wyeth failed to send letters to doctors or issue warning labels announcing the change.And what exactly does “rare” mean in the phrase “rare adverse events”? The FDA defines it as occurring in less than one in 1,000 people. But since that same year 19.2 million prescriptions for Effexor were filled in the U.S., statistically that means thousands of Americans might experience “homicidal ideation” – murderous thoughts – as a result of taking just this one brand of antidepressant drug. Effexor is Wyeth’s best-selling drug, by the way, which in one recent year brought in over $3 billion in sales, accounting for almost a fifth of the company’s annual revenues.
    • One more case is instructive, that of 12-year-old Christopher Pittman, who struggled in court to explain why he murdered his grandparents, who had provided the only love and stability he’d ever known in his turbulent life. “When I was lying in my bed that night,” he testified, “I couldn’t sleep because my voice in my head kept echoing through my mind telling me to kill them.” Christopher had been angry with his grandfather, who had disciplined him earlier that day for hurting another student during a fight on the school bus. So later that night, he shot both of his grandparents in the head with a .410 shotgun as they slept and then burned down their South Carolina home, where he had lived with them. “I got up, got the gun, and I went upstairs and I pulled the trigger,” he recalled. “Through the whole thing, it was like watching your favorite TV show. You know what is going to happen, but you can’t do anything to stop it.” Pittman’s lawyers would later argue that the boy had been a victim of “involuntary intoxication,” since his doctors had him taking the antidepressants Paxil and Zoloft just prior to the murders.

Paxil’s known “adverse drug reactions” – according to the drug’s FDA-approved label – include “mania,” “insomnia,” “anxiety,” “agitation,” “confusion,” “amnesia,” “depression,” “paranoid reaction,” “psychosis,” “hostility,” “delirium,” “hallucinations,” “abnormal thinking,” “depersonalization” and “lack of emotion,” among others. The preceding examples are only a few of the best-known offenders who had been taking prescribed psychiatric drugs before committing their violent crimes – there are many others.
    Whether we like to admit it or not, it is undeniable that when certain people living on the edge of sanity take psychiatric medications, those drugs can – and occasionally do – push them over the edge into violent madness. Remember, every single SSRI antidepressant sold in the United States of America today, no matter what brand or manufacturer, bears a “black box” FDA warning label – the government’s most serious drug warning – of “increased risks of suicidal thinking and behavior, known as suicidality, in young adults ages 18 to 24.” Common sense tells us that where there are suicidal thoughts – especially in a very, very angry person – homicidal thoughts may not be far behind. Indeed, the mass shooters we are describing often take their own lives when the police show up, having planned their suicide ahead of time.

Never lost a lawsuit

Pharmaceutical manufacturers are understandably nervous about publicity connecting their highly lucrative drugs to murderous violence, which may be why we rarely if ever hear any confirmation to those first-day reports from grief-stricken relatives who confide to journalists that the perpetrator was taking psychiatric drugs. After all, who are by far the biggest sponsors of TV news? Pharmaceutical companies, and they don’t want any free publicity of this sort.

The truth is, to avoid costly settlements and public relations catastrophes – such as when GlaxoSmithKline was ordered to pay millions of dollars to the family of 60-year-old Donald Schell who murdered his wife, daughter and granddaughter in a fit of rage shortly after starting on Paxil – drug companies’ legal teams have quietly and skillfully settled hundreds of cases out-of-court, shelling out hundreds of millions of dollars to plaintiffs. Pharmaceutical giant Eli Lilly fought scores of legal claims against Prozac in this way, settling for cash before the complaint could go to court while stipulating that the settlement remain secret – and then claiming it had never lost a Prozac lawsuit.

Which brings us back to the key question: When are we going to get official confirmation as to whether Nikolas Cruz, like so many other mass shooters, had been taking psychiatric drugs?

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2018/02/media-ign...zP3OeloZWbD.99

Oddly enough, the TV is not showing grieving, crying and ranting parents talking about how all of these shooters were taking psych meds.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    The sheriff says we have that right, but the courts say the police have no obligation to protect us. And Israel seems to agree, judging by the fact that his response to this incident was to spend twenty minutes marshaling and organizing his forces, while the perp was left with free reign to do everything he wanted to do and leave the scene.

We have the right to protection. But what we get are officials who delay coming onto the scene until they can assure themselves a considerable margin of safety, and people prevented from and/or prosecuted for ensuring their safety themselves.

How differently would this have come out if, as with the Texas church, there were people around who were allowed to look out for their own safety?
    Ironic that in the State that bears the same name as the Sheriff, open and concealed carry is common. How many school shootings in Israel?

Instagram photos from the shooter: MAGA

Last edited by Zippyjuan; 02-16-2018 at 12:19 PM.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/16/polit...ntv/index.html

Florida vice mayor slams 'absurd' Trump visit

Mark Bogen, the vice mayor of Florida's Broward County, said Friday that President Donald Trump's expected visit with the victims of the Parkland school shooting is "absolutely absurd."

"Him coming here is absolutely absurd, and he's a hypocrite," Bogen said of the President in an interview Friday with CNN's Fredricka Whitfield. "How can you come here and talk about how horrible it is when you support these laws?"

The President on Thursday offered no indication he is willing to revisit the nation's gun laws, instead emphasizing the mental health aspect of mass shootings. Last February, he signed a measure that revoked an Obama-era regulation, which required the Social Security Administration to disclose information to the national gun background check system about certain people with mental illness on a quarterly basis. It's unclear, however, if that measure would have prevented Wednesday's shooting.
    (actually, it is clear it would not have prevented it- the shooter was not on Social Security and was not declared mentally incompetent)

"So President Trump now, based on his actions, allows mentally ill people to purchase guns when over a year ago they could not," Bogen said.
    Bogen argued that Trump is a hypocrite because he supports the purchasing of assault weapons, "and then comes down here and wants to act as though this is horrible, and this shouldn't happen, but goes back to Washington and supports it."

I recently reactivated my Facebook, after being away from it for a few years… and of course everyone is talking about this shooting. Of course all the libs are pushing hard for more gun control, blaming it on the NRA, etc. etc.

How would you respond to this? (See the screenshot below) I know that you can't compare the US to countries like Australia or England, when they have a completely different mindset… But I want to respond to people who are saying stuff like this because if things keep going the way they've been going, this is where were heading. This is what they want… Gun bans, just like in Australia and England.

Good site about guns in USA. More people are protected by having a gun than not having one. That is something the corporate media does not want to share. http://americangunfacts.com/
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Instagram photos from the shooter: MAGA

Clearly photo-shopped, but then again, that's quality stuff from you.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    Clearly photo-shopped, but then again, that's quality stuff from you.
    https://www.snopes.com/did-shooters-...ture-maga-hat/

several outlets took screenshots of the images on this Instagram page which included time stamps dating back months before the shooting. The following photograph from Fox News, for instance, includes a time stamp from July 2017:

Last edited by Zippyjuan; 02-16-2018 at 01:14 PM.

That's a BB gun. As was the other picture.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Why did the FBI drop the ball on this? Because they spent most of their man-hours trying to smear Trump?

FBI Was Notified Last Year of Threatening YouTube Comment by 'Nikolas Cruz'
    http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/02/1...t-nikolas-cruz

See Something, Say Something...
    They also received a call about him on January 5th.

FBI admits it didn’t investigate tip on alleged school shooter last month
    By Ruth Brown February 16, 2018 | 12:52pm

The FBI was warned last month that Nikolas Cruz was an armed psycho who might shoot up a school — but it didn’t bother investigating, the agency admitted Friday.

“A person close to” Cruz called the agency’s tipline on Jan. 5 and reported the 19-year-old had a “desire to kill people, erratic behavior, and disturbing social media posts” and there was “potential of him conducting a school shooting,” the FBI said in a statement.

But the agency said it failed to pass on any of that information to its Miami field office, even thought its own protocols say he “should have been assessed as a potential threat to life.”...
    https://nypost.com/2018/02/16/fbi-fa...ter-last-month
    I think today's 13 indictments are a distraction from another significant failure from the FBI.

How would you respond to this? (See the screenshot below)

Eight children killed in Australia in reported mass stabbing
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-a...0JX09620141219

Teenager dies after mass stabbing at Sydney birthday party
    https://www.theguardian.com/australi...t-sydney-party

Knife killings on the rise in Australia as gun murders fall, says new criminology report
    https://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...531dab6d5c213b

It aint't the guns.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Eight children killed in Australia in reported mass stabbing
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-a...0JX09620141219

Teenager dies after mass stabbing at Sydney birthday party
    https://www.theguardian.com/australi...t-sydney-party

Knife killings on the rise in Australia as gun murders fall, says new criminology report
    https://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...531dab6d5c213b

It aint't the guns.
    Quote Originally Posted by seapilot View Post
    Good site about guns in USA. More people are protected by having a gun than not having one. That is something the corporate media does not want to share. http://americangunfacts.com/
    Thank you for the suggestions, you guys. I did reply to another post of hers (regarding the NRA) and she hasn't replied yet. So I don't think I'm going to reply to that other post… at least not yet.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/16/polit...ntv/index.html

(actually, it is clear it would not have prevented it- the shooter was not on Social Security and was not declared mentally incompetent)
    Mark Bogen. Democrat. In the face of tragedy pushing divisiveness. Imagine that.

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post

We need to track all citizens better so we know in advance what sorts of crimes they are going to commit.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 02-16-2018 at 03:15 PM.

Did the FBI deliberately sit on this, in order to push for, not gun control, but even more surveillance powers?

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Did the FBI deliberately sit on this, in order to push for, not gun control, but even more surveillance powers?
    Probably both and to create a distraction from their scandals.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Either they sat on it and are complicit or they are just total dunderheads. Neither view lends much credence for their existence.

http://www.cryptogon.com/?p=52348

Update: On the Day of the Shooting, Teachers Were Told There Would Soon Be a “Code Red” or “Lockdown” Drill

Via: Miami Herald:
    When the fire alarm rang near the end of the school day on Wednesday at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, teacher Ernest Rospierski assumed it was a “code red” drill.
    Earlier that day at a staff meeting, teachers had been told there would soon be a “code red” or “lockdown” drill — in which teachers and students practice their response to an immediate threat — but they hadn’t been told the date.
    Rospierski was sitting at his desk around 2:25 p.m. when the fire alarm rang. His students filed out of their third-floor classroom and made their way toward the stairs. Then Rospierski heard the sound of gunfire.

One Response to “Florida High School Shooting”

• pookie Says:
      February 15th, 2018 at 12:37 pm Bubba Rum Das over at ZeroHedge reports:
      “It’s obviously a False Flag; I was listening to an NPR interview of two sophomore girls who were there; first BOTH of them said they “thought it was a DRILL, because a DHS drill had been scheduled”…
      Also, they both said they heard the helicopters BEFORE the shooting started; apparently there was also an MRAP there w/ numerous SWAT teams almost instantly after the shooting started-
      Along w/ that, for 17 people killed along w/ 20 injured, only about 4 ambulances showed up in over two hours of footage covering then incident that I watched on the mainstream networks!
      DHS emergency trailer also present, that you see at almost all the Drills…”
      _____
      Any of these mass murders ever take place when there ISN’T a “drill” going on? Scheduled drills should be the sign for everyone to stay home that day.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Either they sat on it and are complicit or they are just total dunderheads. Neither view lends much credence for their existence.
    Ain't being a taxpayer grand?
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast