Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: [17 Dead] Numerous Fatalities at Douglas High School, Parkland, FL

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Didn't that Emma Gonzalez girl admit to bullying the kid who shot up the school?
    No, Emma Gonzalez did not admit to bullying Parkland shooter at a rally
    https://www.politifact.com/punditfac...ng-parkland-s/

FACT CHECK: Did Emma González 'Admit' to Bullying the Parkland ... FALSE
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/em...oter-bullying/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post

Did you notice your links seem to indicate the opposite? I mean, if you read past the headline..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Did you notice your links seem to indicate the opposite? I mean, if you read past the headline..
    I feel rick rolled without a rick roll. What are you reading since I do not see it?

I feel rick rolled without a rick roll. What are you reading since I do not see it?
    Well there are two words that we can start with: "Snopes" and "Politifact"
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Well there are two words that we can start with: "Snopes" and "Politifact"
    Ok, can you or someone enlighten me on this issue since I am not seeing it.

Ok, can you or someone enlighten me on this issue since I am not seeing it.
    In the articles they admit that she says they ostracized him but they try to focus you on the rest of the quote where she tries to justify it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://twitter.com/BreakingNAgency/...71779639189504

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://twitter.com/BreakingNAgency/...71779639189504

Q knew

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Parkland students heartbroken for their friends in Christchurch

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...church-n983791

March 15, 2019

When Isaac Christian saw the news Friday that a gunman had entered two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, he frantically began sending text messages.

In July 2018, Christian was among the 28 students and four chaperones who traveled from Parkland, Florida, to the University of Canterbury in Christchurch — a visit that was intended to help the students cope with the aftermath of the mass shooting at the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

“It’s kind of like the same feelings as when our school shooting happened. It felt so surreal,” Christian, 17, a junior at Stoneman Douglas, said of the latest massacre.

One friend wrote to Christian that she had been locked down in a library. Christian said that message brought him back to his own memory of hiding in a classroom to survive the Stoneman Douglas shootings that killed 17 people.

“It’s the same way I felt because I was stuck in a room and didn’t know what was going on … it messes with my mind because it’s so hard to process that something that happened in my home and my city happened there,” Christian said.

In Christchurch, one suspect was in custody after allegedly opening fire inside one mosque before driving to another, approximately three miles away, and opening fire inside the second mosque. Officials said 50 people were killed.

More than 8,200 miles away, in Parkland, students were recalling their own trauma, as well as the time they visited Christchurch, a city many described as peaceful and idyllic.

Sandi Davis, a sociology teacher at Stoneman Douglas, helped to organize the trip to New Zealand last year. Davis said the trip was planned as both a way to help the students cope with the tragedy they experienced and also as a way for them to learn how to sustain the anti-gun violence movement they had begun in the Parkland shooting’s aftermath.

In particular, the Florida students met with members of New Zealand’s Student Volunteer Army, which was formed in 2011 after earthquakes devastated Christchurch, killing 185 people. The organization’s work continues to this day.

“It was enlightening to be with a community who could understand what it's like to go thorough something of such a large scale that affects the community, instead of a handful of people,” Davis said.

As the death toll from the mosque shootings continued to rise overnight, the Parkland students watched helplessly.

“It's heartbreaking, because you know how they're feeling. It brings up a lot of feelings from the day,” Davis said. “My first thought was our kids and how it would impact our kids, and my second thought was our friends in New Zealand.”

Like Christian, Rachel Taylor, 16, a junior, said she immediately texted her friends in Christchurch when she got the news. She said Friday afternoon that she still hadn’t heard back.

“I was in disbelief that it was even happening. It’s so ironic that the whole reason we went on that trip was to cope with our tragedy, and they helped us find positive ways to deal with this,” Taylor said. “… and now they’re in the exact same situation.”

When junior Emily Wolfman, 17, visited Christchurch on the trip from Parkland, she was assigned a “buddy” who she said quickly became a friend. Wolfman said it was hard to gauge how her friend was feeling Friday as they had only exchanged texts, but added that her typically “bubbly” buddy wasn’t herself.

“It’s so hard because when we went there, the students said it was hard for them to empathize with us because as sad as they were for us, it’s not something that happens there. And less than a year later, they're experiencing it,” Wolfman said.

The Parkland students said that New Zealand felt like a sanctuary — there was a peacefulness there that felt impermeable. That's now been shattered.

Many said they are currently working to figure out how to best support the community there.

“We've thrown around couple ideas … they don’t know what they need at this point,” Davis said. “Nobody does. We let them know we're here for them, and we support them.”

Since he was in middle school, it was no surprise to anyone who knew him to hear that he was the shooter. Those talking about how we should have not ostracized him? You didn’t know this kid, OK? We did.

Seems to be an admission that she as a part of a group ostracized the shooter
    A society that places equality before freedom with get neither; A society that places freedom before equality will yield high degrees of both

Make a move and plead the 5th because you can't plead the 1st

According to Broward Circuit Judge David Haimes, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis had every right to fire Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel.

Haimes’ confirmed what many of us already know that DeSantis as the Governor had the right to fire Israel. It’s not up to the judge to agree or disagree with the firing.

More at: https://thedcpatriot.com/breaking-ju...ounty-sheriff/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

According to Broward Circuit Judge David Haimes, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis had every right to fire Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel.

Haimes’ confirmed what many of us already know that DeSantis as the Governor had the right to fire Israel. It’s not up to the judge to agree or disagree with the firing.

More at: https://thedcpatriot.com/breaking-ju...ounty-sheriff/
    Seems there may be some hope after all.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Report on school’s culpability in the Parkland shooting out – notes Nicholas Cruz was misinformed by the school about his education options, still he wanted to get into another school for children with behavioral issues, and instead the school violated protocol to ignore his request and wrote a letter to get him out of the Special Education he needed as a minimum and made him sign it, on top of it. So he was entirely cut loose from any oversight of the behavioral problems the unredacted report noted the school was fully aware of. Also notes he arrived at the school with a behavioral intervention program for children with profound behavioral issues, and the school purposely discontinued it. And note as this was going on an intel guy approached him online with an offer to live with him, his wife took the kid to a shrink she selected, and the psychologist was giving him a punching bag to hit when he got angry (conditioning the kid to enjoy a release, rather than control himself), and the shrink said getting him a gun would be good for him.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I keep seeing the name Douglas connected to school shootings.

Oregon had a community College shooting in DOUGLAS county, in Parkland it was the Marjory Stoneman DOUGLAS High school and now this:

BREAKING: DOUGLAS County District Judge Theresa Slade has sealed the entire case file of the two teens who shot up the STEM school last week, banning the public from seeing it

One of the shooters was transgender, the other hated Christians and appeared to be pro-Satan/pro-occult

— Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) May 15, 2019

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The former student who later shot up Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School was such a threat in school that he was searched every morning for weapons, new testimony shows. But they left the gate open the day he showed up, they saw him enter (a year after he graduated out), and let him walk by, and then the Police Officer on duty didn’t go near him as the commanding officer ordered all other Police to hang back. And they reset the security cameras so they looked live, but were replaying footage from 30 minutes prior. Sounds legit.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I keep seeing the name Douglas connected to school shootings.

Oregon had a community College shooting in DOUGLAS county, in Parkland it was the Marjory Stoneman DOUGLAS High school and now this:

BREAKING: DOUGLAS County District Judge Theresa Slade has sealed the entire case file of the two teens who shot up the STEM school last week, banning the public from seeing it

One of the shooters was transgender, the other hated Christians and appeared to be pro-Satan/pro-occult

— Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) May 15, 2019
    One quarter of states have a Douglas County.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    One quarter of states have a Douglas County.
    So?

That doesn't explain the name Douglas being connected to mass shootings at a disproportionate rate.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

So?

That doesn't explain the name Douglas being connected to mass shootings at a disproportionate rate.
    What is the actual rate? Sometimes we see things just because we are looking for them more- like say a white car. Ever notice how many cars are white these days? If it is true, what do you think the connection may be? Should we ban places from being named "Douglas" to prevent such shootings in the future? How many are considered a "mass shooting" (this greatly changes the size of a list to look at)? You can start here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._United_States Also is there a time period? The list starts in 1840.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 07-27-2019 at 06:33 PM.

So after 3 1/2 years of interrogations and talks with his backstabbing attorneys, Nikolas Cruz pleads guilty to 17 murders at the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland in Florida in 2018.
    Cruz had initially pleaded not guilty to the crimes.

This means a minimum sentence of life in prison: https://www.npr.org/2021/10/20/10475...ty-high-school

So case closed, no further investigation of what really happened, as he has pleaded guilty...

The video is mostly about judge Scherer asking Cruz about his mental state, his understanding of the law and explaining the consequences of pleading guilty.
    The end of the video is the most interesting (starting at 0:52:00), where Cruz sort of explains why he is pleading guilty (because he feels "sorry"), which doesn't make a lot of sense to me (although he sounds more coherent than I would've expected).

This is followed by the request to immediately sentence Cruz for attacking a (or more?) cop, which the judge does (how many years in total?)...
    After this, Cruz's "defence" attorney asks to immediately sentence Cruz to life in prison.
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

Anyone remember this story? (It was posted about around here somewhere, but I can't find it now.)

Parkland victim Joaquin Oliver comes back to life in heartbreaking plea to voters
    Nonprofit Change the Ref, run by Oliver's parents, teams with McCann Health for gun-safety voting campaign using deepfake technology
    https://adage.com/article/advertisin...voters/2285166

Anyway, they're at it again:

https://twitter.com/gunpolicy/status...32881241629140
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617