Thread: Donald Trump Donates 4Q Salary to Department of Transportation

Donald Trump Donates 4Q Salary to Department of Transportation

Donald Trump Donates 4Q Salary to Department of Transportation

by CHARLIE SPIERING

President Donald Trump donated his fourth-quarter 2017 paycheck to the Department of Transportation, demonstrating his commitment to public infrastructure.
    White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders presented the $100,000 check to Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao at the daily press briefing on Tuesday.

Chao said that Donald Trump’s quarterly salary would go to the department’s INFRA (Infrastructure For Rebuilding America) Grant Programs.

“Infrastructure is the backbone of our economy, and it’s key to keeping our country competitive,” she said.

Chao and two transportation officials posed for a picture with the check.

Trump donated his quarterly salary to different institutions within the federal government, keeping his campaign promise to serve as president without a paycheck.

Previously he donated his paycheck to Department of Education, the National Park Service, and the Department of Health and Human Services combat to help fight the opioid epidemic.
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...itbart+News%29
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What a principled president. Making it his personal mission to fight this opioid epidemic, supporting the 350,000,000 acres of public land, roads!?

What's next? 100K for COPS Grants?
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 02-14-2018 at 10:07 AM.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    What a principled president. Making it his personal mission to fight this opioid epidemic, supporting the 350,000,000 million acres of public land, roads!?

What's next? 100K for COPS Grants?
    Did you say the same thing about Ron Paul giving back his salary? I think it is admirable that both men do it. I haven't seen any other politicians do that. Mitt Romney could certainly have done it. Lots others too--but they don't.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Did you say the same thing about Ron Paul giving back his salary? I think it is admirable that both men do it. I haven't seen any other politicians do that. Mitt Romney could certainly have done it. Lots others too--but they don't.
    You know what else they have in common? They both have hair!

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    If Ron Paul earmarked his salary to fight a fictitious opioid crisis then yes, I would have said the same thing. When Donald Trump donates his salary to GOA, I'll eat my words. Until then, what he chooses to donate his salary to is very telling that he is in fact not a conservative but a Teddy Roosevelt, big government, progressive bullmoose. Much as I've been saying for a couple years now, I'd add.

Next he will earmark his salary for baby murder and the progressive right will clamor what a humanitarian he is.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

If Ron Paul earmarked his salary to fight a fictitious opioid crisis then yes, I would have said the same thing. When Donald Trump donates his salary to GOA, I'll eat my words. Until then, what he chooses to donate his salary to is very telling that he is in fact not a conservative but a Teddy Roosevelt, big government, progressive bullmoose. Much as I've been saying for a couple years now, I'd add.

Next he will earmark his salary for baby murder and the progressive right will clamor what a humanitarian he is.
    He's going to help pay for transportation with our tax money that's so kind of him, I think he is a honorable ruler for gifting us with 100k of our money back after authorizing unlimited spending increases by getting rid of the sequesters.

My car thanks him.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So if you were going to design portfolio, based on companies that will profit from Trumps Transportation bill. What companies would you include in it? I've got some cash sitting around, I'll setup a Motif around it.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    So if you were going to design portfolio, based on companies that will profit from Trumps Transportation bill. What companies would you include in it? I've got some cash sitting around, I'll setup a Motif around it.
    goldman sachs

If Ron Paul earmarked his salary to fight a fictitious opioid crisis then yes, I would have said the same thing.
    It sounds like the money went to treatment.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Washington Will No Longer be a Roadblock to Rebuilding America

February 13, 2018

The Anderson Memorial Bridge between Boston and Cambridge, Massachusetts, sits near the heart of Harvard University. The structure’s elegant arches and Georgian Revival design help it blend seamlessly into the surrounding architectural style of America’s oldest college.

It took 11 months to build the original bridge in 1912. When it came time to repair it nearly 100 years later, the project dragged on for close to 5 years—and at a significant cost overrun.

So with all the advantages of modern technology, why did it take more than 5 times as long to repair the structure today as it did to create it outright more than a century ago? Unsurprisingly, the reason has little to do with engineering or technical demands. Rather, the Anderson Bridge project was a victim of a bloated, tangled patchwork of regulatory oversight, including a historical commission, environmental agencies, and state transportation bureaucrats, among others.

“We built the Empire State Building in just 1 year—is it not a disgrace that it can now take 10 years just to get a permit approved for a simple road?,” President Donald J. Trump asked during his first State of the Union Address on January 30. “Any bill must . . . streamline the permitting and approval process—getting it down to no more than two years, and perhaps even one.”

This week, President Trump released his Legislative Outline for Rebuilding Infrastructure in America, a 53-page document that lays out six principles for reversing this unacceptable course. Here is what the President is calling upon Congress to help him achieve:

$200 billion in Federal funding to spur at least $1.5 trillion in investments. Federal infrastructure spending will promote State, local, and private investments and maximize the value of every taxpayer dollar. Of this $200 billion, $100 billion will create an Incentives Program that will promote accountability by making Federal funding conditional on projects meeting agreed upon milestones.

A $50 billion investment in infrastructure for Rural America. The bulk of the dollars in the Rural Infrastructure Program will be allocated to State governors, giving States the flexibility to prioritize their communities’ needs.

Empowerment of State and local authorities. The President’s plan would return decision-making authority to the State and local level, including by expanding processes that allow environmental review and permitting decisions to be delegated to States.

Elimination of barriers that prevent efficient development and management of infrastructure projects. For example, more flexibility will be provided to transportation projects that have minimal Federal funding but are currently required to seek Federal review and approval.

Streamlined permitting to simplify the approval process. Working with Congress to establish a “one agency, one decision” structure for environmental reviews will shorten approval processes while protecting natural resources.

Investment in America’s most important asset: its people. The President’s plan would reform Federal education and workforce development programs to better prepare Americans to perform the in-demand jobs of today and the future.

“No longer will we allow the infrastructure of our magnificent country to crumble and decay,” President Trump said in August. “We will rebuild our country with American workers, American iron, American aluminum, American steel.”

That hard work has already begun. In its first year, the Trump Administration has rolled back regulations at an unprecedented clip and approved the Keystone XL and Dakota Access Pipelines. Now, the time has come to make a sustained investment in America’s future.

“Washington will no longer be a roadblock to progress,” the President says. “Washington will now be your partner.”
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/articles/...campaign=1600d

Since it is war against the dollar I would say gold is your best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    goldman sachs
    too broad based, I'm talking individual companies that will be getting these contracts, thx.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Since it is war against the dollar I would say gold is your best bet.
    always a good bet, but diversification is important.

too broad based, I'm talking individual companies that will be getting these contracts, thx.
    they will be the best companies, believe me

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Found this:
    https://money.usnews.com/investing/s...tructure-plans

I might have to research this. If anybody else is interested in this, maybe we could start a thread in the financial forum.

The best construction companies.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

So basically Trump "donated" back 2 or 3 days of funding Melanie's stay at Trump Tower.

From NYC Police Commissioner James P. O’Neil:

l lowered that estimate in a 21 February 2017 letter to the state congressional delegation, saying that it cost $24 million to protect the First Family between the election and the inauguration, or $11 million less than de Blasio’s request. The letter also included estimates for security costs for both the First Lady and the President:

On days when Mr. Trump is not in the city, the department estimates that it costs $127,000 to $146,000 a day “to protect the first lady and her son while they reside in Trump Tower.” On days when Mr. Trump is in New York City — he has not yet returned since his inauguration — the Police Department anticipates “an average daily rate of $308,000.”
    That would come out to about $50 million a year if Mr. Trump avoided returning to Manhattan, or just over $60 million if he began returning on weekends.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It sounds like the money went to treatment.
    Forgive me for not caring.

always a good bet, but diversification is important.
    CNN says not to do this though..

Where should you put your money if you think the market will crash?
    February 14, 2018: 9:30 AM ET

If you really believe the market is headed for an imminent crash, there are all sorts of places you could invest your money. You could move it all into cash, you could buy gold or real estate or for that matter you could even take an aggressive approach and try to capitalize on stocks' carnage by loading up on investments designed to rise when the market falls, such as bear market funds or put options.

But do I think you should actually do any of these things? No. And the reason is that there's a big difference between believing and knowing.