View Poll Results: What do you think?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes Rand should take it and I would vote for them

8 32.00%
  • Yes I would vote for them but it would be better if Rand kept his Senate seat

3 12.00%
  • No I wouldn't vote for a Trump/Rand ticket

11 44.00%
  • I don't know

3 12.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you vote Trump/Rand in 2020 if we don't get Rand for POTUS?

Question Would you vote Trump/Rand in 2020 if we don't get Rand for POTUS?

We all want Rand for POTUS but if we don't get it and Trump offers him the VP slot would you want him to take it?
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 02-14-2018 at 03:18 AM.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We all want Rand for POTUS but if we don't get it and Trump offers him the VP slot would you want him to take it?
    So Rand gets politically tied to the every disastrous decision that he wouldn't have any control over? Nope I would rather have Rand challenging the policy in the Senate. He wouldn't have any power as VP.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    So Rand gets politically tied to the every disastrous decision that he wouldn't have any control over? Nope I would rather have Rand challenging the policy in the Senate. He wouldn't have any power as VP.
    Aren't you going to vote "No" in the poll?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Aren't you going to vote "No" in the poll?
    Why debate fictitious ideas like this anyways? Are you really promoting the info wars narrative that Trump is Ron Paul on steroids instead of Bush on steroids?

Next poll:

Our savior lord trump and the pope as VP. Vote your hearts out!
    No - No - No - No

Isn't that @TheTexan's dream ticket?

I can't see Randal wanting to be a cuck's cuck. I think he'd rather stay the stud in the Senate.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 02-14-2018 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    Isn't that @TheTexan's dream ticket?
    I still have no idea why Trump didn't pick him in 2016. Mike Pence is embarrassingly poor and just isnt in the same league as Trump.

Neither is Rand but at least he's closer.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, sure, I'd vote for them. It's complete fantasy and a bad idea for Rand, but the most important thing is that I voted.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

I don't like Trump, I think he gets an F on the main issue and that's shrinking government. Partly due to the massive spending increases I think there's about a 90% chance that we get the long overdue economic crash/dollar crisis before 2020 paving the way for a far left democratic sweep.

That being said I'd vote for Trump/Rand just to have Rand as VP.

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Yeah, sure, I'd vote for them. It's complete fantasy and a bad idea for Rand, but the most important thing is that I voted.
    Citizen of the month, ladies and gentlemen! :P

RP as VP would render him impotent.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

VP: Where parties stuff politicians to make them pointless and still seduce support from their constituency.

Not that voting matters. Republicrats and Demoblicans. They're all the same.
    Last edited by PierzStyx; 02-14-2018 at 10:40 AM.

i want a roy moore michelle bachman ticket

IDK. We do not know how far down the rabbit hole Trump will go and whether there will be viable 3rd party opposition. Trump certainly seems to be heading in the direction of full retard GOP-E. The same people that fought so hard to keep him out of office, the man now has his head right up their ass.

Rand should primary Trump.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    I don't like Trump, I think he gets an F on the main issue and that's shrinking government. Partly due to the massive spending increases I think there's about a 90% chance that we get the long overdue economic crash/dollar crisis before 2020 paving the way for a far left democratic sweep.

That being said I'd vote for Trump/Rand just to have Rand as VP.
    Ya I think he might be more effective as Senator in the short-run, but the long-term prospects at becoming President after Trump are pretty tempting.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    IDK. We do not know how far down the rabbit hole Trump will go and whether there will be viable 3rd party opposition. Trump certainly seems to be heading in the direction of full retard GOP-E. The same people that fought so hard to keep him out of office, the man now has his head right up their ass.
    And how many times was the suggestion made to you that they're happy to play you by pretending to hate him, but if they really hated him they'd never, ever give him constant 24/7 publicity?

Not that it matters if you ever pull your own head out or not. They won't use the same tactic in 2020, so we can all stay wilfully ignorant of how we were played in 2016 and it won't matter. Trump is publicly cozying up to Rand Paul on a regular basis. So, in all likelihood, when either the hamster in this hamster wheel dies or they deliberately trash the economy, Trump will tell the world everything went to hell because he listened to Rand Paul too often. Of course, he never once took any advice from Rand and acted on it, but neither Trump nor the media will say that.

And if that doesn't work, when a Democrat wins the media will tell Team Red that Paul and the libertarians screwed the pooch by dividing the party.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Ya I think he might be more effective as Senator in the short-run, but the long-term prospects at becoming President after Trump are pretty tempting.
    Uh huh. And how are you and Swordsmyth going to turn this pipe dream into reality? By posting polls on internet forums? Because the last I checked, some clown named Pence was veep, and no sitting president has changed his running mate prior to running for reelection for about eighty years.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 02-14-2018 at 12:41 PM.
    We believe our lying eyes...

Why debate fictitious ideas like this anyways? Are you really promoting the info wars narrative that Trump is Ron Paul on steroids instead of Bush on steroids?
    Because I have seen the idea mentioned and it isn't that far-fetched, I'm trying to make up my own mind and there is nothing wrong with holding the debate ahead of time.

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    Next poll:

Our savior lord trump and the pope as VP. Vote your hearts out!
    Nope, I don't trust Trump and I hate the Pope.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I can't see Randal wanting to be a cuck's cuck. I think he'd rather stay the stud in the Senate.
    Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    RP as VP would render him impotent.
    Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    VP: Where parties stuff politicians to make them pointless and still seduce support from their constituency.

Not that voting matters. Republicrats and Demoblicans. They're all the same.
    A factor I am aware of and that I implied in options 2 and 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    i want a roy moore michelle bachman ticket
    It would be better than Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Rand should primary Trump.
    I have said so before and will again but he may not and if he does he might not win, this poll is about what he should do if Trump is again the nominee and offers him the VP slot.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    That is the question to be considered, the VP is an essentially powerless position but it does give you a leg up when running for President.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Uh huh. And how are you and Swordsmyth going to turn this pipe dream into reality? By posting polls on internet forums? Because the last I checked, some clown named Pence was veep, and no sitting president has changed his running mate prior to running for reelection for about eighty years.
    I'm can't and won't do anything to make it happen and I'm not sure if I want it to, but I think we should consider possibilities ahead of time so we aren't taken by surprise, I would hope that Rand has already considered the possibility and made up his mind.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

If anyone who comes here has Rand's ear they can now inform him of his supporters' opinion on the subject. (though they might want to wait for a few more day until more people have voted)

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

And how many times was the suggestion made to you that they're happy to play you by pretending to hate him, but if they really hated him they'd never, ever give him constant 24/7 publicity?

Not that it matters if you ever pull your own head out or not. They won't use the same tactic in 2020, so we can all stay wilfully ignorant of how we were played in 2016 and it won't matter. Trump is publicly cozying up to Rand Paul on a regular basis. So, in all likelihood, when either the hamster in this hamster wheel dies or they deliberately trash the economy, Trump will tell the world everything went to hell because he listened to Rand Paul too often. Of course, he never once took any advice from Rand and acted on it, but neither Trump nor the media will say that.

And if that doesn't work, when a Democrat wins the media will tell Team Red that Paul and the libertarians screwed the pooch by dividing the party.

Revisionist history, all of it. How many times did I say that it is a possibility but there are no other options other than to take the risk or vote for someone where we know exactly where she stands.

My posts on Trump were favorable or unfavorable on specific aspects of posted policy, such as the Trump-Sessions immigration plan. I am not going to oppose policy and hurl insults for policy I support simply because it is coming out of the Trump campaign, that was the #nevertrump tactic. A tactic you echoed in these forums as soon as it was released out of the Neocon think tanks. What does that say about you and your 43k posts?

If I had to do it again based on what we know now compared to the only other option being Hillary I would still vote for Trump just to keep far worse out of office.

Revisionist history, all of it. How many times did I say that it is a possibility but there are no other options other than to take the risk or vote for someone where we know exactly where she stands.
    I never once saw you admit we might be right in saying they'd never give constant 24/7 publicity to someone who was anti-establishment. All I saw was you screeching that we were stupid for not noticing that the things they were saying about him were unkind.

My posts on Trump were favorable or unfavorable on specific aspects of posted policy, such as the Trump-Sessions immigration plan. I am not going to oppose policy and hurl insults for policy I support simply because it is coming out of the Trump campaign, that was the #nevertrump tactic. A tactic you echoed in these forums as soon as it was released out of the Neocon think tanks. What does that say about you and your 43k posts?
    It says that I noticed it when Trump came out with a policy I hated for every policy he spouted that I liked. Which wouldn't have been so bad were he not flip-flopping contradictory policies about the same subject. He was on every side of every issue. I never echoed that, but I sure didn't waste my post count trying to cover the fact up like you did.

If I had to do it again based on what we know now compared to the only other option being Hillary I would still vote for Trump just to keep far worse out of office.
    Keep implying that you didn't start using this site to campaign for Trump during the primaries, when there were still quite a few other options besides Hillary Clinton. Some of the johnny-come-latelies might just believe you.

And how many times was the suggestion made (to ALL) that they're happy to play you by pretending to hate him, but if they really hated him they'd never, ever give him constant 24/7 publicity?
    ^^THIS^^

I said this from the start. I deal with media in tons of PR & know exactly how they operate. If Trump had been a threat & hated by the establishment he would have been completely ignored.

Just. Like. Ron. Paul.
    There is no spoon.

I never once saw you admit we might be right in saying they'd never give constant 24/7 publicity to someone who was anti-establishment. All I saw was you screeching that we were stupid for not noticing that the things they were saying about him were unkind.

says that I noticed it when Trump came out with a policy I hated for every policy he spouted that I liked. Which wouldn't have been so bad were he not flip-flopping contradictory policies about the same subject. He was on every side of every issue. I never echoed that, but I sure didn't waste my post count trying to cover the fact up like you did.
    More revisionist crap. I never hurled insults or called people stupid for their opposition. Again, I was not going to trash policy I support no matter who it comes from but you still can't handle that because anything Drumpf just like in 2015. There are also posts here where I called out Trump on being contradictory but again the tactics of the opposition to Trump was to ignore that in an effort to silence and herd people accordingly. Again a tactic you tried but failed.

Keep implying that you didn't start using this site to campaign for Trump during the primaries, when there were still quite a few other options besides Hillary Clinton. Some of the johnny-come-latelies might just believe you.
    My join date is 2007 long before the Trump campaign. Agreeing with some aspects of Trump policy did not mean I was campaigning for Trump over Rand. Disagreeing with how Rand ran his campaign against Trump which I believe caused him to lose does not mean that either.

Acptulsa
    Last edited by kahless; 02-14-2018 at 01:42 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    kahless, thank you for being honest enough to properly label your revisionist crap. Though proper use of punctuation would have entailed using a full colon, like this:

More revisionist crap:
    Proper punctuation put aside, I sincerely hope doing all that spinning didn't make you dizzy.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 07-28-2018 at 07:30 PM.

It would be better than Trump.
    TALIBAN 2020

I'd vote for a Paul on the POTUS ticket, sure.

I'd much rather see him stay in the Senate however.

More revisionist crap. I never hurled insults or called people stupid for their opposition. Again, I was not going to trash policy I support no matter who it comes from but you still can't handle that because anything Drumpf just like in 2015. There are also posts here where I called out Trump on being contradictory but again the tactics of the opposition to Trump was to ignore that in an effort to silence and herd people accordingly. Again a tactic you tried but failed.

My join date is 2007 long before the Trump campaign. Agreeing with some aspects of Trump policy did not mean I was campaigning for Trump over Rand. Disagreeing with how Rand ran his campaign against Trump which I believe caused him to lose does not mean that either.

Acptulsa
    Says that guy that posted a thread entitled why not Trump as a second choice and advocated it because his immigration policies. You were schilling for Trump while Rand was still running. Instead of talking about getting more donations and supporting Rand you $#@! on his campaign with your fictitious immigration policy you created with strawman arguments.

Says that guy that posted a thread entitled why not Trump as a second choice and advocated it because his immigration policies. You were schilling for Trump while Rand was still running. Instead of talking about getting more donations and supporting Rand you $#@! on his campaign with your fictitious immigration policy you created with strawman arguments.
    I never posted a thread like that or shilled for Trump. I posted saying Trump would be my second choice due to aspects of the very real Trump-Sessions immigration document in 2015. Rand could have done the same with his immigration plan but instead he took a left turn at the worst possible time in an anti-establishment cycle where immigration was a hot issue.

Maybe if there were more Rand supporters like me waving their arms telling Rand not to drive his campaign off a cliff by at the worst possible time ignoring immigration, economic issues and instead of focusing his time appealing to GOP-E and trying to curry favor from a small minority that will never vote for him he would have won the nomination.

But of course people like to live in bubbles and worship their candidate as infallible. You would rather wave Rand's car right off the cliff instead.

I never posted a thread like that or shilled for Trump. I posted saying Trump would be my second choice due to aspects of the very real Trump-Sessions immigration document in 2015. Rand could have done the same with his immigration plan but instead he took a left turn at the worst possible time in an anti-establishment cycle where immigration was a hot issue.

Maybe if there were more Rand supporters like me waving their arms telling Rand not to drive his campaign off a cliff by at the worst possible time ignoring immigration, economic issues and instead of focusing his time appealing to GOP-E and trying to curry favor from a small minority that will never vote for him he would have won the nomination.

But of course people like to live in bubbles and worship their candidate as infallible. You would rather wave Rand's car right off the cliff instead.
    Well I disagree, I think you are a liar, I think you schilled for Trump because you made people think that Rand's platform wasn't viable so it wasn't worth supporting him or giving him donations.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast