Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Decline And Fall Of The Liberty Movement

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I have no doubt he would have signed a full repeal had the feckless, worthless, dickless, spineless GOP in the House and Senate had sent him the repeal bill.
    That's a ridiculous standard for claiming that he held firm on repeal. He actively campaigned against full repeal.

I'm no big Trump fan
    Then you must be spending a whole lot of time listening to them. It normally takes a big fan to go for the whole 'up is down, war is peace, spending is cuts, opposition is support' rhetoric.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    That's a ridiculous standard for claiming that he held firm on repeal. He actively campaigned against full repeal.

Then you must be spending a whole lot of time listening to them. It normally takes a big fan to go for the whole 'up is down, war is peace, spending is cuts, opposition is support' rhetoric.
    Meh, like I said, not really interested in arguing the point.

The OP asked a question, asked my reasons for the answers and I gave them.

I think Trump is marginally better in the position than HRC would have been and since there is nothing more I can do about that, I'll let it be.

The police state is going to march on, the spending is going to march on, the wars are going march on because nobody outside of our merry little band of refuseniks cares.

What more do you want me to do?

If you think I'm going to foam at the mouth and call for his head on a stick like the Bolshevik left is doing, you can think again.

In fact, that's another reason why I'll give him a B-

He's driving the progressive Bolshevik left absolutely bug$#@!, bat$#@!, frothing, mad dog insane. Been a real eye opener for me. There is no common ground with these people.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 02-13-2018 at 11:52 PM.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Meh, like I said, not really interested in arguing the point.

The OP asked a question, asked my reasons for the answers and I gave them.

I think Trump is marginally better in the position than HRC would have been and since there is nothing more I can do about that, I'll let it be.

The police state is going to march on, the spending is going to march on, the wars are going march on because nobody outside of our merry little band of refuseniks cares.

What more do you want me to do?

If you think I'm going to foam at the mouth and call for his head on a stick like the Bolshevik left is doing, you can think again.

In fact, that's another reason why I'll give him a B-

He's driving the progressive Bolshevik left absolutely bug$#@!, bat$#@!, frothing, mad dog insane. Been a real eye opener for me. There is no common ground with these people.
    My greatest hope is that he provokes CALExit, if he does I will give him a straight B.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Ron's coalition called the liberty movement was never going to hold.
    Incorrect.

If Rand had provided better messaging and leadership (Ron too, for that matter), then the liberty movement would have grown to be an even larger force to be reckoned with.

Granted, there was no way Rand could beat Trump this time around, but he could have actually been a factor if he had been smarter about things. And there would still be better cohesion even after the fact too.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I hear it loud and clear, and it ain't my ass that noise is coming from. Now I know how my mom felt when she said people would just stop what they were doing when FDR came on the radio and become entranced. She said it was like they were zombies.

Another populist disaster is Trump, let's hope the damage isn't as bad this time.
    At least he's termed out after two.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12