Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Decline And Fall Of The Liberty Movement

The Decline And Fall Of The Liberty Movement

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I originally posted this in the fall of 2016 IIRC.

Now it's been a year and half.

So, in hindsight, was my prediction unreasonably pessimistic?

Or, do you a hear a sound, soft in the distance, a slapping sound...

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    In the distance?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    In the distance?
    Or close up, as the case may be.

@r3volution 3.0, does this mean you will leave us alone or should we get ready for more of your trolling?

In hindsight?

I would give Trump a B-

Some things he has said or done have been very good.

Others, disasters.

So I continue to wait and see, take what good I can and reject and oppose the dross.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    In hindsight?

I would give Trump a B-

Others, disasters.

So I continue to wait and see, take what good I can and reject and oppose the dross.
    What do you give Obama/Bush?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't blame Trump. Ron's coalition called the liberty movement was never going to hold. Most people just had a pet issue like wanting to do something about Monsanto putting fluoride in vaccines. It was never Trump or Rand's fault.

Small government is just not popular among any group. It isn't popular among conservatives. You have Limbaugh talking about how the debt is no big deal. https://hotair.com/archives/2018/02/...-debt-anymore/ I see people talking about how this spending resolution will pay for itself with growth from conservatives. (LOL WUT?)

Even libertarians are not really small government people. Most libertarian sites haven't covered this spending bill and the brief shutdown. The Bleeding Heart people seem to be concerned with getting legal pot to illegal immigrants. Rockwell seems preoccupied with immigrants raping white people.

What do you give Obama/Bush?
    Overall, an F for Bush and a D- for Obama.

Everybody was wound up over Obama, but he really governed as Bush Lite.

No matter what few positive things Bush may have done, 9/11 and the rise of the security/surveillance state he authorized stains everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Ron's coalition called the liberty movement was never going to hold.
    Sadly very true.

It appeared for brief moment that it actually might, that so many of us could table our more minor differences and come together under the banner of liberty, was heady and invigorating stuff.

All for naught...freedom is not popular.

Overall, an F for Bush and a D- for Obama.

Everybody was wound up over Obama, but he really governed as Bush Lite.

No matter what few positive things Bush may have done, 9/11 and the rise of the security/surveillance state he authorized stains everything.
    Indeed, but Trump's continued the same system, so why the more generous grade?

In hindsight?

I would give Trump a B-

Others, disasters.

LOL- yeah but I don't think Trump would be doing anything good if Rand wasn't putting pressure on him. Rand's backhanded compliments really haven't even clued you in when he said he was clapping for himself? I just hope this doesn't ruin any chance we get at real change because they are already trying to blame the crash on Republicans, they already replaced a republican with a blue seat, and they will blame the economy on Trump and associate it with Rand Paul some how because the media is trying to claim Trump is really secretly has the same foreign policy and economics as Rand Paul.

He says mean things sometimes and the trannies won't get to use the women's bathroom. A+
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    He says mean things sometimes and the trannies won't get to use the women's bathroom. A+
    Well, the trannies, yes, that's obviously an existential threat to Western Civilization, so there's that...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He slowed the rate of new regulations somewhat, he's making the debt clock spin like a slot machine, and he was classy enough to let us see our imported First Trophylady naked. And he still called Megyn Kelly a doodoohead.

AA++ doubleplus doublegood.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 02-13-2018 at 10:04 PM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Calling it a pro forma endorsement doesn't make it so Rand actually gained anything from it. He had nothing to gain and everything to lose.
    Particularly since Ron's admitting that his campaign had little chance is in no way equivalent to an end to the campaign.

I might have overlooked that, as much as it pissed me off, if he hadn't scored points with his fanboys for talking for 17 hours essentially about how we really need some people to sign some basic paperwork before we drone strike US citizens on US soil.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

I've also never called Trump anything other than an establishment shill.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Holding firm on an ObamaCare repeal, oil drilling de-regulation, Pruitt at EPA, just to name a couple of things.

From my observations, it seems as if there might actually be some progress on other things as well.

The fact that we now live in a full blown police/surveillance state is a fait accompli...no one cares or will do anything about it. I'm not expecting Trump to, especially since he enjoys copsucking so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    I don't blame Trump. Ron's coalition called the liberty movement was never going to hold. Most people just had a pet issue like wanting to do something about Monsanto putting fluoride in vaccines. It was never Trump or Rand's fault.

Small government is just not popular among any group. It isn't popular among conservatives. You have Limbaugh talking about how the debt is no big deal. https://hotair.com/archives/2018/02/...-debt-anymore/ I see people talking about how this spending resolution will pay for itself with growth from conservatives. (LOL WUT?)

Even libertarians are not really small government people. Most libertarian sites haven't covered this spending bill and the brief shutdown. The Bleeding Heart people seem to be concerned with getting legal pot to illegal immigrants. Rockwell seems preoccupied with immigrants raping white people.
    Kind of what I expected all along . I even think the libertarian party is dead . The percentage they got in the last election will be the highlight and they will never know they were just votes against the other two candidates and that everyone elses priorities are not weed and mexicans .

Holding firm on an ObamaCare repeal, oil drilling de-regulation, Pruitt at EPA, just to name a couple of things.
    You consider opposing Obamacare repeal a positive?

From my observations, it seems as if there might actually be some progress on other things as well.
    Like spending?

The fact that we now live in a full blown police/surveillance state is a fait accompli...no one cares or will do anything about it. I'm not expecting Trump to, especially since he enjoys copsucking so much.
    But for some reason he gets a pass....

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Alex Jones says Trump channels Rand and Ron Paul's Foreign policy LOL!

Trump Channels Rand Paul During Military Meetings
    And, if one watches/listens to enough of Jones, and one is dumb enough, one might even believe that.

What if there really never was a liberty movement ? What if a percentage of people just respond well to Ron and Rand because they speak the truth and do it in a classy manner and people are just responding to that flavor of it ? I bet if I put AF on the podium they would not like how he said the same things ?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Holding firm on an ObamaCare repeal
    What?! Since when? He's praised socialized medicine and wants to "fix" it. He wants to replace it with Trumpcare.

oil drilling de-regulation, Pruitt at EPA, just to name a couple of things.
    Are those the top things? Or the only things?

Or maybe he's copsucking the right cops...
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Calling it a pro forma endorsement doesn't make it so Rand actually gained anything from it. He had nothing to gain and everything to lose.
    Particularly since Ron's admitting that his campaign had little chance is in no way equivalent to an end to the campaign.

I might have overlooked that, as much as it pissed me off, if he hadn't scored points with his fanboys for talking for 17 hours essentially about how we really need some people to sign some basic paperwork before we drone strike US citizens on US soil.
    I honestly didn't know who Rand Paul was until he talked for 17 hours. I started watching it about half way through and I became a fan but even i know that the Pauls were just trying to make sure that they didn't get blamed for Obama's win. Just like Rand didn't want to get blamed for Hillary winning because she was supposed to win according to the polls. Now they are trying to trap him and blame him for policies of the Trump administration.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    In the distance?
    That slapping sound is the sound of freedom, hoo rah!
    "The Patriarch"

What?! Since when? He's praised socialized medicine and wants to "fix" it. He wants to replace it with Trumpcare.
    I have no doubt he would have signed a full repeal had the feckless, worthless, dickless, spineless GOP in the House and Senate had sent him the repeal bill.

But honestly, I don't really care all that much, it's like arguing foosball teams or Ford against Chevy.

I'm no big Trump fan, I did not vote for him, and was loud and vocal about how he had handed Hillary a win.

I was wrong about that, so I'm just sitting and watching at this point.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Trump would pass huge taxes increases if the Congress passed it too right?
    Trump, a prospective candidate for the Reform Party presidential nomination, is proposing a one-time "net worth tax" on individuals and trusts worth $10 million or more.By Trump's calculations, his proposed 14.25 percent levy on such net worth would raise $5.7 trillion and wipe out the debt in one full swoop.
    The U.S. national debt decreased by $9.7 billion in September but remains at $5.66 trillion, according to the latest U.S. Treasury figures.
    http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stori...ich/index.html

I hear it loud and clear, and it ain't my ass that noise is coming from. Now I know how my mom felt when she said people would just stop what they were doing when FDR came on the radio and become entranced. She said it was like they were zombies.

Another populist disaster is Trump, let's hope the damage isn't as bad this time.
    "The Patriarch"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast