Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 118

Thread: Trump Proposal To End Food Stamps Sends Dollar Stores Tumbling

  1. #61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Like Dr. Paul, @angelatc doesn't believe it is the Federal Govs. job. I tend to agree.
    Good thing I never said it's the federal government's job, either. Clearly angelatc doesn't think it's a state government or local government responsibility either. $#@! em', let poor people die? Can't afford enough FRNs to live anymore so you don't get to?

    You could say it's a charity responsibility and that would be fair, if the money hasn't been debased to the point that many can't afford to be charitable anymore.
    Last edited by devil21; 02-13-2018 at 01:48 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

    Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

    Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

    Visiting the Outer Banks of NC?
    Outer Banks NC Fishing Boat Rentals



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Good thing I never said it's the federal government's job, either. Clearly angelatc doesn't think it's a state government or local government responsibility either.

    You could say it's a charity responsibility and that would be fair, if the money hasn't been debased to the point that many can't afford to be charitable anymore.
    True.

    The Mormon Church has an amazing welfare system that locals should adopt.

    Reagan looked into it and said it was the greatest welfare program he had ever seen & should be looked at and copied everywhere.
    There is no spoon.

  4. #63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Great points, but I think you undersold the idea.

    Many of those items cost much more than what you posted.
    I wrote that over six years ago. I didn't intend it to be a barometer of the "dollar"'s continuing devaluation, but that's happening so fast it seems to be serving as one.

    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    So you can be wrong until you die.
    That's the sum total of your rebuttal, is it? You're not even going to say what I'm wrong about? Does the shrinking value of the dollar not make the middle class poor, and the poor poorer? Am I lying when I say I remember when a person could house feed and clothe themselves on less than four dollars an hour full time, and now it can't be done on double that figure? Or am I merely wrong to say that the debt makes the FRN toast, and you think we should try to salvage both? Or am I wrong about something else, or some combination of these things? Or maybe I'm wrong merely because you don't like my tone?

    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    And there's the tell.....
    Tell? What does that tell you? Were you hoping to hear a dog whistle I didn't blow? Are you trying to turn something into a dog whistle?

    The reality is, the middle class are gone, food stamps are going to the working poor as a form of corporate welfare, and the debt has tied us to a doomed fiat currency. Is it not conservative to acknowledge reality? Can we only be called conservatives if we're in denial? Can we be conservative and try to find a way to help the people caught in this funny money catastrophe, or are we only conservative if we insist on pushing the reset button and letting events trample whomever is in the wrong place at the time?

    devil21 and I did not create this funny money catastrophe, and all of you know it. You all know who did it, and you know those people are not typing in this thread. If anyone wants to argue that collapsing the currency the rest if the way is not the way out of this mess, please make the case. I'd love to find out there's a better way. But if the only way out is to Zimbabwe the currency and pay the debt off with the resulting Monopoly Money, who should we put at the end of the printing press? Should we give it straight to Boeing and Raytheon, or should we let it trickle up to them?

    Or should we try to make this rigged system sort of work as long as we can, so the funny money thieves and cheats will have more time to siphon off all the wealth? Is that what being conservative means--rolling over and helping thieves screw your ass?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 02-13-2018 at 02:25 PM.
    'It ain't what we don't know that hurts us, it's what we "know" that ain't so.'--Will Rogers

    'I prefer someone who burns the flag and then wraps themselves up in the Constitution over someone who burns the Constitution and then wraps themselves up in the flag.'--Molly Ivins

  5. #64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Good thing I never said it's the federal government's job, either. Clearly angelatc doesn't think it's a state government or local government responsibility either. $#@! em', let poor people die? Can't afford enough FRNs to live anymore so you don't get to?

    You could say it's a charity responsibility and that would be fair, if the money hasn't been debased to the point that many can't afford to be charitable anymore.
    "$#@! em', let the poor people die?", huh? Don't remember anyone here ever saying that.

    Ya see? It is THAT EXACT ATTITUDE that has increased the size and scope of government to the point that the FRN's have become debased.

    And I've been noticing a trend here that runs along the line of "The government has debased the value of the dollar that we MUST spend more to take care of those in need."

    $#@!ing "do gooders." A pox on you and the mess you have created.

    ETA: And when you think about the state or local governments helping out can you tell me the number one item that funds these initiatives? Property taxes...oops spoiled it. The most anti-liberty funding method in existence.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 02-13-2018 at 02:06 PM.
    Theye have refused their Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

    Theye have erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

    Theye kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies

    Theye have combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution,

    For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

    For cutting off our Trade with parts of the world:

    For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

    For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury:

    Theye plundered and destroyed the lives of our people.

    Theye are at this time transporting Armies of Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy of a civilized nation.

  6. #65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    True.

    The Mormon Church has an amazing welfare system that locals should adopt.

    Reagan looked into it and said it was the greatest welfare program he had ever seen & should be looked at and copied everywhere.
    +rep

    My folks converted to Mormonism, and this is very true.

    Me, I'm not willing to go that route, but I do help fund the local food pantries.

  7. #66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post

    ETA: And when you think about the state or local governments helping out can you tell me the number one item that funds these initiatives? Property taxes...oops spoiled it. The most anti-liberty funding method in existence.
    +rep

  8. #67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Must be mighty cold in your world, angelatc. Taking care of those truly in need is somewhere you diverge with Dr. Paul, apparently. Seems there's a lot of those examples surfacing from your posts lately.
    Taking care of somebody in need changes from charity to extortion when I get a gun stuck in my face and am told "give this person money, or else".

  9. #68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    +rep

    My folks converted to Mormonism, and this is very true.

    Me, I'm not willing to go that route, but I do help fund the local food pantries.
    Me too- I help the food pantries as much as possible. We have had drop offs in our parking lot where the needy can come and pick up food. The Mormon welfare system also helps the pantries, as they have their own farms, ranches & canneries- so a win/win all around.
    There is no spoon.

  10. #69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Not necessarily. They just put one in down the road. It's cross between Wal-Marx/grocery/convenience store. Large selection of just about everything like cleaning supplies, auto fluids, boxed, canned, frozen foods. Top name brands, not many knock offs except their own packaged knock offs. I've hit them up a couple of times when I just needed an item or two and wanted to avoid lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Happy for ya, but my experience with Dollar Stores is that the stuff is fairly unique, and sometimes doesn't last a long time at the stores because a big company will buy the product out & sell it for a much higher price elsewhere.

    Also, Dollar Stores & Walmart employ the people that can't find jobs elsewhere- the elderly, etc. which helps keeps them off the government handouts- which is what most here are complaining about.
    I dislike huge chain outfits that aggressively expand into areas where they are not needed nor wanted, in order to corner a market.

    Always have, always will.

    YMMV

  11. #70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    "$#@! em', let the poor people die?", huh? Don't remember anyone here ever saying that.

    Ya see? It is THAT EXACT ATTITUDE that has increased the size and scope of government to the point that the FRN's have become debased.

    And I've been noticing a trend here that runs along the line of "The government has debased the value of the dollar that we MUST spend more to take care of those in need."

    $#@!ing "do gooders." A pox on you and the mess you have created.

    ETA: And when you think about the state or local governments helping out can you tell me the number one item that funds these initiatives? Property taxes...oops spoiled it. The most anti-liberty funding method in existence.
    When I talk about locals helping, I am not speaking of force but of real charity. Local communities can help the poor w/o force or being taxed for it- again the Mormons are a prime example.
    There is no spoon.

  12. #71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Me too- I help the food pantries as much as possible. We have had drop offs in our parking lot where the needy can come and pick up food. The Mormon welfare system also helps the pantries, as they have their own farms, ranches & canneries- so a win/win all around.
    It really is a stunning and amazingly efficient system.

    https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/artic...em-3168966.php

  13. #72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I dislike huge chain outfits that aggressively expand into areas where they are not needed nor wanted, in order to corner a market.

    Always have, always will.

    YMMV
    Dollar Stores are definitely needed and wanted where I am at.
    There is no spoon.

  14. #73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I dislike huge chain outfits that aggressively expand into areas where they are not needed nor wanted, in order to corner a market.

    Always have, always will.

    YMMV
    My mileage agrees with you. Believe me if I have a Jones on for Vienna sausage or my beer flavor I hit up my corner store. But if the woman is in sudden need of her favorite particular cloths wash brand I'd rather stop in the DG than make a much longer trip to the grocery or Wal-Marx. It's not like there is any store loyalty there. Just convenience. I might hit them up once or twice a month, where as the corner store I stop in two or three times a week. And if they had the space and the financial ability to stock what I needed on the occasions I go to DG I'd pay a bit more just because....
    Theye have refused their Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

    Theye have erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

    Theye kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies

    Theye have combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution,

    For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

    For cutting off our Trade with parts of the world:

    For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

    For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury:

    Theye plundered and destroyed the lives of our people.

    Theye are at this time transporting Armies of Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy of a civilized nation.

  15. #74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Dollar Stores are definitely needed and wanted where I am at.
    We've had a number of protests and town hall meeting upsets in opposition to DG stores opening.

    I haven't taken part, since whoever owns the property they build on has a right to do with it what they wish, but I don't do business there.

    Tractor Supply did the same thing a few years back, and many of those stores around here went tits up.

    This is land that has been "settled" for three hundred years, the infrastructure of commerce is well established and well served by a network of business and suppliers, some of whom have been doing business here for well over a century. The local hardware store I use has been in business since 1875.

    I like that, and hate to see it undercut by some mega corp looking to increase it's stock price by erecting an ugly steel building on every single street corner.

    If the store is needed and wanted, that's a different story of course.

    In the end, of course, the market will decide.

  16. #75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    When I talk about locals helping, I am not speaking of force but of real charity. Local communities can help the poor w/o force or being taxed for it- again the Mormons are a prime example.
    I support a group here called the Cooperative Christian Ministry. It's made up of volunteers from differing denominations. They really do a great job. Even setting up medical and dental care days when possible. And I'm not an Christian either just a libertarian/conservative that obviously believes "$#@! em', let the poor people die."

    http://cooperativeministry.com/
    Theye have refused their Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

    Theye have erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

    Theye kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies

    Theye have combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution,

    For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

    For cutting off our Trade with parts of the world:

    For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

    For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury:

    Theye plundered and destroyed the lives of our people.

    Theye are at this time transporting Armies of Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy of a civilized nation.

  17. #76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    "$#@! em', let the poor people die?", huh? Don't remember anyone here ever saying that.

    Ya see? It is THAT EXACT ATTITUDE that has increased the size and scope of government to the point that the FRN's have become debased.
    OK first, the real welfare queens in this country are the MIC and the Banking complex. Food programs are a small percentage of what has caused the money to be debased into near nothing and only a relatively recent happening BECAUSE the money has been debased so badly. Perhaps you missed that while programs that actually help people that need it are being proposed to be cut, that same amount is instead being directed to Boeing, Raytheon and the rest of the MIC in the form of $80B spending hikes. Soon to be $150B. And more to come. You're really going to be angry at food programs when this is what's really happening to the money?? Food programs? When the defense budget alone, that kills way more innocent people makes up a much, much larger slice of the pie?

    I live in an area with a large percentage of people on assistance. The floated canard about Laquisha and her lobster dinners and Escalades is mostly bull$#@! to try to keep us angry (divided) at each other instead of those that are responsible.

    And I've been noticing a trend here that runs along the line of "The government has debased the value of the dollar that we MUST spend more to take care of those in need."

    $#@!ing "do gooders." A pox on you and the mess you have created.
    The trend I have noticed is toward being angry at the guy next to you instead of angry at the ones running this $#@!show into the ground. Seems you have fallen for it, also.

    ETA: And when you think about the state or local governments helping out can you tell me the number one item that funds these initiatives? Property taxes...oops spoiled it. The most anti-liberty funding method in existence.
    You know why that is? Because it's not your land or your house. You don't own either of them, under the law. Property tax is a rent to the owner, the local government. Figure out how this $#@! really works before lashing out about things you clearly have no comprehension of. We can discuss that particular piece of the puzzle but until you know what's really going on, you're ranting on about things you clearly don't comprehend. Is property tax anti-liberty? Perhaps it is but the states do have the power to tax the citizens and unless you own your land/house free and clear with alloidal title your property tax is the rent paid to the owner. Or did you sign some papers you didn't read?
    Last edited by devil21; 02-13-2018 at 02:46 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

    Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

    Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

    Visiting the Outer Banks of NC?
    Outer Banks NC Fishing Boat Rentals

  18. #77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    OK first, the real welfare queens in this country are the MIC and the Banking complex. Food programs are a small percentage of what has caused the money to be debased into near nothing and only a relatively recent happening BECAUSE the money has been debased so badly. Perhaps you missed that while programs that actually help people that need it are being proposed to be cut, that same amount is instead being directed to Boeing, Raytheon and the rest of the MIC in the form of $80B spending hikes. Soon to be $150B. And more to come. You're really going to be angry at food programs when this is what's really happening to the money?? Food programs? When the defense budget alone, that kills way more innocent people makes up a much, much larger slice of the pie?
    That's the liberal argument. Thanks. I hear it on FB everyday. I don't need to hear it here. They spend sooooo much more on this or that you must be an $#@! not to want to spend more on xxxx. Not gonna work on me.

    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    The trend I have noticed is toward being angry at the guy next to you instead of angry at the ones running this $#@!show into the ground. Seems you have fallen for it, also.
    Seems you're the one angry that the rest of us don't give a $#@! if food programs are cut. If your in favor of cutting the bloated MIC but favor keeping welfare programs then you're not the guy next to me. You're the one shouting in my face that I need to give to your "cause." Through government force if necessary.

    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    You know why that is? Because it's not your land or your house. You don't own either of them, under the law. Property tax is a rent to the owner, the local government. Figure out how this $#@! really works before lashing out about things you clearly have no comprehension of. We can discuss that particular piece of the puzzle but until you know what's really going on, you're ranting on about things you clearly don't comprehend. Is property tax anti-liberty? Perhaps it is but the states do have the power to tax the citizens and unless you own your land/house free and clear with alloidal title your property tax is the rent paid to the owner. Or did you sign some papers you didn't read?
    You're talking past the choir. I know what's really going on. At least with your ranting.
    Theye have refused their Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

    Theye have erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

    Theye kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies

    Theye have combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution,

    For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

    For cutting off our Trade with parts of the world:

    For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

    For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury:

    Theye plundered and destroyed the lives of our people.

    Theye are at this time transporting Armies of Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy of a civilized nation.

  19. #78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    That's the liberal argument. Thanks. I hear it on FB everyday. I don't need to hear it here. They spend sooooo much more on this or that you must be an $#@! not to want to spend more on xxxx. Not gonna work on me.
    Then block me and stay in your dark, cold bubble of hating everyone around you while the ones that cause this run off with everything.

    Seems you're the one angry that the rest of us don't give a $#@! if food programs are cut. If your in favor of cutting the bloated MIC but favor keeping welfare programs then you're not the guy next to me. You're the one shouting in my face that I need to give to your "cause." Through government force if necessary.
    Not wanting people to starve is a "cause"? Well ok then. Dark, cold little world you have tied yourself into, phil. Dark, indeed. I guess we are all witnessing what happens when everyone's standard of living is going down, money is quickly losing value, wages do not rise to keep up with inflation and the clock is running out. Everyone for themselves and $#@! the other guy.

    You're talking past the choir. I know what's really going on. At least with your ranting.
    Complaining about something you agreed to seems rather stupid.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

    Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

    Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

    Visiting the Outer Banks of NC?
    Outer Banks NC Fishing Boat Rentals

  20. #79

    Default

    See, we all agree how to prevent this tragedy, this Zimbabwe catastrophe, this imminent collapse. There's no reason for Phil and Angela to blame devil21 and me, and if they weren't hearing dog whistles, they'd know this. And there's no reason for devil21 and me to condemn as heartless those whose principles are sound.

    Yes, principles are principles, and your principles are my principles. I think the first thing we should do is all stop paying taxes. That would solve this conundrum. Well, Washington, you want to borrow until the currency collapses? Do it! What do you need us for? There is a difference between stolen money and printed money. The stolen money should not be stolen. Agreed. But should the borrowed, freshly printed, highly inflationary money go to poor Americans, or Raytheon?

    But no. They have to keep taxing us, because how can they keep robbing us to pay Boeing without getting lynched if they don't also rob Peter to pay Paul? That way, they get Peter mad at Paul. It's called deflecting the anger away from the guilty parties.

    There's a bottom line to this conversation: Can collapse be averted? If not, we're past the point where convincing people to adopt our sound principles will prevent the tragedy. If not, the End Game is upon us, and we had better apply our principles to the End Game.

    Our principles are the same before the End Game as they are during the End Game. But if we don't apply our principles in a different, more realistic manner during the End Game, we lose.

    I've got news. Trump thinks he's Reagan. He thinks he can borrow, bleed and spend, and take over the world, and it won't any more come back to bite him than it did Reagan because he has the charisma to keep us confident and working hard to make him King of the World. He doesn't understand that Reagan started with a sound country and he started with one teetering on the edge. And he doesn't care. He thinks it's all a test of his charisma. He figures as long as he has as much charisma as Reagan, it won't fall apart. And the people around him are just trying to get theirs before the big bubble goes boom. That's the reality. That's where we are.

    Want to have an adult conversation? Here's one: If they're going to bleed us dry and destroy the currency anyway, is it better to give some to the poor? Or is it better to give it all to Haliburton and Xe, and bring on the food riots sooner, so we can begin rebuilding sooner?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 02-13-2018 at 04:03 PM.
    'It ain't what we don't know that hurts us, it's what we "know" that ain't so.'--Will Rogers

    'I prefer someone who burns the flag and then wraps themselves up in the Constitution over someone who burns the Constitution and then wraps themselves up in the flag.'--Molly Ivins

  21. #80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Then block me and stay in your dark, cold bubble of hating everyone around you ...
    Yup, you have me pegged.

    Since you are so vehement, send the Fed my share. You can do that. I'm looking forward to seeing you post your personal check to Fed. Gov. above and beyond your taxes. It's all useless FRN's anyway. Right?
    Theye have refused their Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

    Theye have erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

    Theye kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies

    Theye have combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution,

    For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

    For cutting off our Trade with parts of the world:

    For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

    For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury:

    Theye plundered and destroyed the lives of our people.

    Theye are at this time transporting Armies of Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy of a civilized nation.

  22. #81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    See, we all agree how to prevent this tragedy, this Zimbabwe catastrophe, this imminent collapse. There's no reason for Phil and Angela to blame devil21 and me, and if they weren't hearing dog whistles, they'd know this. And there's no reason for devil21 and me to condemn as heartless those whose principles are sound.

    Yes, principles are principles, and your principles are my principles. I think the first thing we should do is all stop paying taxes. That would solve this conundrum. Well, Washington, you want to borrow until the currency collapses? Do it! What do you need us for? There is a difference between stolen money and printed money. The stolen money should not be stolen. Agreed. But should the borrowed, freshly printed, highly inflationary money go to poor Americans, or Raytheon?

    But no. They have to keep taxing us, because how can they keep robbing us to pay Boeing without getting lynched if they don't also rob Peter to pay Paul? That way, they get Peter mad at Paul. It's called deflecting the anger away from the guilty parties.

    There's a bottom line to this conversation: Can collapse be averted? If not, we're past the point where convincing people to adopt our sound principles will prevent the tragedy. If not, the End Game is upon us, and we had better apply our principles to the End Game.

    Our principles are the same before the End Game as they are during the End Game. But if we don't apply our principles in a different, more realistic manner during the End Game, we lose.
    I've already done that. Haven't filed in about 7 yrs. now. State or Federal. Because I'm such a heartless $#@!.
    Theye have refused their Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

    Theye have erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

    Theye kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies

    Theye have combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution,

    For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

    For cutting off our Trade with parts of the world:

    For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

    For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury:

    Theye plundered and destroyed the lives of our people.

    Theye are at this time transporting Armies of Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy of a civilized nation.

  23. #82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Government handing out food or money is a bad idea, I'm not sure which is worse.
    I agree . Money is worse I think . I think if they hand out food many of them will not pick it up which should be a savings .

  24. #83

    Default

    This thread reminds me of the early admonitions from the RP08 days that libertarians are usually their own worst enemies when it comes to changing minds and gaining popular support. I see clearly what that meant now. Ever heard the saying "The fastest way to someone's heart is through their stomach"? Democrats have effectively used this to bring people to their side, whether one agrees with their side is irrelevant. The strategy has worked. I have found it to be true also when interacting with people and animals, both.

    No one will ever win hearts and minds by crowing "Let em starve!" at every opportunity. Sometimes you have to give up a little ground in a battle if you're trying to win a war. Some would be well advised to learn that.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

    Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

    Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

    Visiting the Outer Banks of NC?
    Outer Banks NC Fishing Boat Rentals

  25. #84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    This thread reminds me of the early admonitions from the RP08 days that libertarians are usually their own worst enemies when it comes to changing minds and gaining popular support. I see clearly what that meant now. Ever heard the saying "The fastest way to someone's heart is through their stomach"? Democrats have effectively used this to bring people to their side, whether one agrees with their side is irrelevant. The strategy has worked. I have found it to be true also when interacting with people and animals, both.

    No one will ever win hearts and minds by crowing "Let em starve!" at every opportunity. Sometimes you have to give up a little ground in a battle if you're trying to win a war. Some would be well advised to learn that.
    More people starve because of the American system, I want free trade because I don't want people to starve.

  26. #85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I moved to and live where I do for the specific purpose of NOT having a Dollar Corporal or Wal Marx in my back yard.

    Where I do business with my neighbor, who employs my neighbor, and not some mega-corp based 3000 miles away.
    If my neighbor could build or procure a television set and sell it to me on a 1% margin, well, then by all means I'd frequent my neighbor.

    I'm unable to afford the all natural GMO free American sourced tofuckit from the local Trader Joe's so we end up shopping where we can afford-- and I appreciate the fact that there is a place where day or night if I need something, whether necessary or not, I'm able to go and buy it. My neighbor isn't going to appreciate my midnight beer runs.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

  27. #86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I've already done that. Haven't filed in about 7 yrs. now. State or Federal. Because I'm such a heartless $#@!.
    $#@! The Social Contract

  28. #87

    Default

    I love Dollar General. They are a Middle Tennessee company and are about the only company that will put a store in poor neighborhoods. They have a center here in Nashville where they offer job training.
    "There are two freedoms - the false, where a man is free to do what he likes; the true, where he is free to do what he ought."~~Charles Kingsley

  29. #88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    What government agency or contracted middle-man is going to handle the packaging and distribution and how much is THAT going to cost?
    They could use the existing USDA employees who have been getting pd for nothing since 1862 . Currently claim 80 percent of the 141 Billion per year goes to FNS which has food stamp program or just abolish the USDA and have the state Governors come up with retired volunteers.

  30. #89

    Default

    Last numbers I saw were around '09 I think , seems like USDA had over 100K employees or an employee for every thirty farmers .

  31. #90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    If my neighbor could build or procure a television set and sell it to me on a 1% margin, well, then by all means I'd frequent my neighbor.

    I'm unable to afford the all natural GMO free American sourced tofuckit from the local Trader Joe's so we end up shopping where we can afford-- and I appreciate the fact that there is a place where day or night if I need something, whether necessary or not, I'm able to go and buy it. My neighbor isn't going to appreciate my midnight beer runs.
    You could afford it, if the dollar had not been destroyed in value.

    Meh, it's a moot discussion anyways...we're all going to displaced by automation and robotics in the next 20 years.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast





Similar Threads

  1. Harvey Weinstein Succeeds Where Trump Failed, Sends NYTimes Stock Tumbling
    By enhanced_deficit in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-08-2017, 09:44 PM
  2. Man Threatens to Kill Donald Trump - Afraid Food Stamps Will Be Taken Away
    By LibertyEagle in forum 2016 Presidential Election: GOP & Dem
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 07-01-2016, 03:26 PM
  3. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 06-18-2012, 11:38 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-26-2011, 06:17 PM
  5. If you like food stamps, you're gonna LOVE GAS STAMPS
    By freelance in forum Economy & Markets
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-13-2008, 08:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •