Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VP Mike Pence gets "punked" at Olympics

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    ...that their leader had his own older brother murdered so he could remain in power?

None of those things are comparable at all to South Korea or the U.S.
    Look up Park Chung-hee.

And while you're at it, look up John F. Kennedy.

As for atrocities...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdi...s-Case-Studies

Are you guys just tag-team obfuscaters?
    Do you take your shoes off before you stick your feet in your mouth?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 02-12-2018 at 01:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    We murdered the president so we could stay at war.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Look up Park Chung-hee.

And while you're at it, look up John F. Kennedy.

As for atrocities...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdi...s-Case-Studies
    Please correct me if any of this is wrong, but I have no idea what the hell you guys are blathering on about.. you're trying to say the CIA killed him because he wanted to re-unite with North Korea?? I don't see any evidence that either of those assertions are remotely correct.. I am pretty open minded about these things, so any information would be appreciated.

President Park, who came to power after a military coup on May 16, 1961, had previously survived two attempts on his life. In the second attempt, in 1974, a Korean gunman from Japan tried to shoot the President while he and his wife attended a ceremony at the National Theater here to celebrate Korea's liberation from Japanese rule in 1945.

The gunman missed Mr. Park but killed his wife.
    The earlier attempt came in January 1968 when 31 Communist guerrillas slipped into Seoul and sought unsuccessfully to fight their way into his official residence, the Blue House, to assassinate him.

The President's death followed a series of political protests against his authoritarian rule, including rioting and vast demonstrations by tens of thousands of people in the southern port city of Pusan and the nearby industrial city of Masan. The outbursts there, in which hundreds were arrested, were the worst since student rioting in 1961 led to the ouster of President Syngman Rhee and the beginning of the Park regime.

And if you are comparing the civil rights of people here with those in North Korea, that is just completely absurd. In North Korea, if you try and escape they will literally skin you alive and kill your family. They are living in a giant concentration camp.

Last edited by dannno; 02-12-2018 at 01:33 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Please correct me if any of this is wrong, but I have no idea what the hell you guys are blathering on about.. you're trying to say the CIA killed him because he wanted to re-unite with North Korea?? I don't see any evidence that either of those assertions are remotely correct.
    I only see one assertion. And no, I have no earthly idea where it came from. But I said what I was trying to say, and that wasn't it. And I feel sure I can say the same for nickers.

And if you are comparing the civil rights of people here with those in North Korea, that is just completely absurd. In North Korea, if you try and escape they will literally skin you alive and kill your family.

You've seen that first-hand, have you? Or are you going to provide another link to the New York Times to back that up?
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

You seem to be pretty ignorant about our current and past relationship with North Korea and South Korea. Maybe you should study that a little bit before telling me what South Korea needs to do or doesn't need to do before they negotiate with North Korea.
    That would be YOU, buddy-boy.

S Korea was overtaken & handled much like Iran in 1953.

As to who did in reality fire that shot, Bruce Cumings, head of the history department at the University of Chicago, gave us the definitive answer in his two-volume The Origins of the Korean War, and The Korean War: A History: the Korean war started during the American occupation of the South, and it was Rhee, with help from his American sponsors, who initiated a series of attacks that well preceded the North Korean offensive of 1950. From 1945-1948, American forces aided Rhee in a killing spree that claimed tens of thousands of victims: the counterinsurgency campaign took a high toll in Kwangju, and on the island of Cheju-do – where as many as 60,000 people were murdered by Rhee’s US-backed forces.

Rhee’s army and national police were drawn from the ranks of those who had collaborated with the Japanese occupation during World War II, and this was the biggest factor that made civil war inevitable. That the US backed these quislings guaranteed widespread support for the Communist forces led by Kim IL Sung, and provoked the rebellion in the South that was the prelude to open North-South hostilities. Rhee, for his part, was eager to draw in the United States, and the North Koreans, for their part, were just as eager to invoke the principle of "proletarian internationalism" to draw in the Chinese and the Russians.

Having backed the Maoists during World War II, in cooperation with the Soviet Union, the US had already "lost" China, and Truman was determined not to "lose" Korea, too. In spite of the fact that he had ample warning of the North Korean offensive, the President used this "surprise attack" to justify sending American troops to Korea to keep Rhee in power, and in doing so neglected to go to Congress for approval – or even give them advance notice. http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2...he-korean-war/
    Endless Atrocities: The US Role in Creating the North Korean Fortress-State

Regarding which side technically fired the first shot in the Korean War, “Bruce Cumings, head of the history department at the University of Chicago, gave us the definitive answer in his two-volume The Origins of the Korean War, and The Korean War: A History: the Korean war started during the American occupation of the South, and it was Rhee [the US-installed dictator], with help from his American sponsors, who initiated a series of attacks that well preceded the North Korean offensive of 1950. From 1945-1948, American forces aided Rhee in a killing spree that claimed tens of thousands of victims: the counterinsurgency campaign took a high toll in Kwangju, and on the island of Cheju-do – where as many as 60,000 people were murdered by Rhee’s US-backed forces.”

Truman then used the North’s counter-attack “to justify sending American troops to Korea to keep Rhee in power”.
    http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2017/...tml#more-67216
    There is no spoon.

Please correct me if any of this is wrong, but I have no idea what the hell you guys are blathering on about.. you're trying to say the CIA killed him because he wanted to re-unite with North Korea?? I don't see any evidence that either of those assertions are remotely correct.. I am pretty open minded about these things, so any information would be appreciated.

And if you are comparing the civil rights of people here with those in North Korea, that is just completely absurd. In North Korea, if you try and escape they will literally skin you alive and kill your family. They are living in a giant concentration camp.

We lock Americans up with no trial in secret prisons and are responsible for a humanitarian crisis in Yemen, resulting in 10's of millions of people starving.

We lock Americans up with no trial in secret prisons and are responsible for a humanitarian crisis in Yemen, resulting in 10's of millions of people starving.
    We know who killed Park Chung-hee, and it wasn't the CIA. So, is he trying to say JFK was killed because he wanted to reunify the U.S. with North Korea?

It's awfully hard to debate someone who challenges you to disprove his assertions when he only makes one assertion.

It always amazes me how sanctimonious some people can get about liberals, when all liberals do is read the mainstream media, and swallow its narrative whole, and then get upset and arrogant and accuse people of ignorance when someone informs them of facts the media never disclosed to them.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 02-12-2018 at 01:58 PM.

Jan2017

VP Mike Pence is "punk" incendiary henchman at Olympics

Monday February 12, 2018
    Chicago Tribune
    Heading home from Olympics, Pence insists 'no daylight' on North Korea

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    Certainly, Pence found a way to make it into the USA Sunday papers to "steal the spotlight" from the athletes with the "no daylight" remark.
    Last edited by Jan2017; 02-13-2018 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    That would be YOU, buddy-boy.

S Korea was overtaken & handled much like Iran in 1953.
    So which country would you rather live in?
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

We know who killed Park Chung-hee, and it wasn't the CIA. So, is he trying to say JFK was killed because he wanted to reunify the U.S. with North Korea?

It's awfully hard to debate someone who challenges you to disprove his assertions when he only makes one assertion.

It always amazes me how sanctimonious some people can get about liberals, when all liberals do is read the mainstream media, and swallow its narrative whole, and then get upset and arrogant and accuse people of ignorance when someone informs them of facts the media never disclosed to them.
    What would "ending the war" with North Korea have meant? Because that is what I was replying to.

Jan2017

In this Friday, Feb. 9, 2018, photo, costume players dressed as North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and
    US President Donald Trump leave after attending the opening ceremony of the Pyeongchang Olympics
    in Pyeongchang, South Korea. (Jo Hyun-woo/Yonhap via AP)
    Last edited by Jan2017; 02-13-2018 at 06:59 AM.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What would "ending the war" with North Korea have meant? Because that is what I was replying to.
    I think I'm getting a glimmer of enlightenment.

You're talking about the Koreas. nickers is talking about Vietnam. It wasn't a change of subject. He was just pointing out that our assassination was for an even more spurious reason than North Korea's.

And anyone who actually has an IQ of 137 can see it.

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I never understood why north korea was even allowed to exist after the korean war . Should have just folded the whole thing into whatever capitalist paradise we wanted . A vacation destination with Parkas .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I never understood why north korea was even allowed to exist after the korean war . Should have just folded the whole thing into whatever capitalist paradise we wanted . A vacation destination with Parkas .
    Winning a war feels real good for a day or two. But perpetual war pays the orthodontist.

But did Pence stand for Israel? And did he clap sufficiently enthusiastically?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    But did Pence stand for Israel? And did he clap sufficiently enthusiastically?
    Are you sure Israel is in the winter olympics???

http://southpark.cc.com/clips/104360/learn-focus

You've seen that first-hand, have you? Or are you going to provide another link to the New York Times to back that up?

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    If our elites are evil then all of the other factions' elites must not only be less evil they must be innocent and heroic, anything that says otherwise is a lie and anything that agrees is gospel truth.

Fellow Travelers have no brains and no appreciation for being born in the freest society on the planet.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

If our elites are evil then all of the other factions' elites must not only be less evil they must be innocent and heroic, anything that says otherwise is a lie and anything that agrees is gospel truth.

Fellow Travelers have no brains and no appreciation for being born in the freest society on the planet.
    It's okay Trump doesn't follow the constitution because the other presidents didn't..

It's okay Trump doesn't follow the constitution because the other presidents didn't..
    Who said that?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It never occurred to us our precedent based law could be used against us?

No ones made that argument on RPF yet.
    So you are just flinging garbage around to distract from Danke's point.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Now you're putting words in Danke's mouth..
    No, I commented on his implied point.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

So you are just flinging garbage around to distract from Danke's point.
    Nope, I agreed with his point.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    Vice-President of the United States of America was so disgusted by the plate put before him,
    he acted like the high school cheerleader and VP candidate he ran against in the disgraceful
    November 2016 US election.
    . . .

August 14, 2016 07:08 PM

Rockhurst High’s most famous student? Tim Kaine or … Spencer Tracy?

http://www.kansascity.com/entertainm...e95663667.html
    For the moment, Rockhurst High School's most famous alumnus is Democratic vice presidential candidate Tim Kaine.
    Yeah, OK. Honor student, cheerleader, council president. Gets a Harvard law degree and becomes a politician.

Did one semester at Rockhurst High give Spencer Tracy a head start in his portrayal of a priest?
    (as co-star with a young Mickey Rooney in "Boys Town")

First term Senator Tim Kaine was a cheerleader in an all-male Jesuit high school . . . jus' sayin' -
    not that there's anything wrong with that.
    Last edited by Jan2017; 02-13-2018 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    No, I commented on his implied point.
    Nope, I agreed with his point.
    So you took it upon yourself to decipher his implied point, and made sure it was one you would agree with.

Hell of a deal. Nice job deciphering something you assumed to be implied so you could claim someone agrees with you.

But, of course, you put words in everyone's mouths, don't you? Look, chum, no one said their elites weren't evil. We merely pointed out that our elites aren't any less evil. Sorry if that rubs your sense of American Exceptionalism the wrong way, or disagrees with the things you were brainwashed to believe, or doesn't serve the vested interests of whomever pays you to troll us, or whatever it is that got your blood pressure up. But we were very clear. Only a person with a heavy ulterior agenda to bear could possibly have read anything else into it.

But don't put words in my mouth. I'll make you eat them. Without salt.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 02-12-2018 at 07:24 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast