Thread: [Video] Rand Paul on Face the Nation w/ Major Garrett 2/11/18

[Video] Rand Paul on Face the Nation w/ Major Garrett 2/11/18

update:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z4ukxWFNuc

--

Last edited by jct74; 02-11-2018 at 11:00 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

We won't be able to afford it much longer any way, with the globe not soaking up the inflation any longer for foreign dollar-denominated trade. Foreign countries will have no use for dollars that are funneled through military bases (not to mention the poppy trade in Afghanistan that is also dollar-denominated).
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

The reporter made a good point when he asked Rand why he voted for the tax cuts when he was against growing the deficit. Rand saying that he proposed a spending cut doesn't cut if he knew that the republicans wouldn't go for it.

I mean, would Rand vote for amnesty without knowing that he would get a bill that secures the border? my guess is no. So why would he vote for tax cuts when he knows that the republicans would pair it with increased spending?

Also, did Rand have a chance to read the whole tax cut bill before he voted for it? inquiring minds would like to know. I am giddy that I won't have to pay the [punishing Obama care penalties if I happen to go another year without insurance so in that vein, I wholeheartedly support the tax cuts. But I also see it as a signal to the citizenry to rebel when taxes and spending are high. Now they have further divorced taxing from spending and hence the signal to the population to react. This I have a problem with.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    The reporter made a good point when he asked Rand why he voted for the tax cuts when he was against growing the deficit. Rand saying that he proposed a spending cut doesn't cut if he knew that the republicans wouldn't go for it.

I mean, would Rand vote for amnesty without knowing that he would get a bill that secures the border? my guess is no. So why would he vote for tax cuts when he knows that the republicans would pair it with increased spending?

Also, did Rand have a chance to read the whole tax cut bill before he voted for it? inquiring minds would like to know. I am giddy that I won't have to pay the [punishing Obama care penalties if I happen to go another year without insurance so in that vein, I wholeheartedly support the tax cuts. But I also see it as a signal to the citizenry to rebel when taxes and spending are high. Now they have further divorced taxing from spending and hence the signal to the population to react. This I have a problem with.

Tax cuts are always a good thing. They will just spend more if they can.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Tax cuts are always a good thing. They will just spend more if they can.
    Spending increase is also a bad thing and tax cuts dampens the effect of that spending increase which is bad. Also you remember that all that spend is done in your name and that will be paid back by you the tax payers.

Spending increase is also a bad thing and tax cuts dampens the effect of that spending increase which is bad. Also you remember that all that spend is done in your name and that will be paid back by you the tax payers.
    Already pay for $#@! I don’t use.

put more money in my pocket now, I will invest it as I see.

We currently can export a lot of our money printing inflation via having a strong military.

When that ends, and the dollar tanks, I will be better off with the money in my pocket now to hedge against that day.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The spending and the tax cut were not a package deal. They were separate votes, and the tax vote came first, while the outcome of the spending vote could not yet be known with certainty. So, what is Rand Paul to do? Enter the incorrect vote on the first vote in anticipation that his correct vote on the second vote would not carry the day?

Or does he just vote as correctly as he can each time, and say, that's all I can do? I don't blame him for taking the latter path. I would have done the same.

Besides, Danke is right. The FRN is doomed, and there's not a damned thing Rand Paul can do to save it. So why is it not the right thing to do to cut our taxes, so we have more power to hedge against the inevitable?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    The spending and the tax cut were not a package deal. They were separate votes, and the tax vote came first, while the outcome of the spending vote could not yet be known with certainty. So, what is Rand Paul to do? Enter the incorrect vote on the first vote in anticipation that his correct vote on the second vote would not carry the day?

Or does he just vote as correctly as he can each time, and say, that's all I can do? I don't blame him for taking the latter path. I would have done the same.

Besides, Danke is right. The FRN is doomed, and there's not a damned thing Rand Paul can do to save it. So why is it not the right thing to do to cut our taxes, so we have more power to hedge against the inevitable?
    Maybe he would have made a big stink about how he is only voting for the tax cut with the hope that they would follow it with a spending cut. Making such a stink like he did with this budget that everybody and their mama knows this is the rationale behind the vote.

Then again, everybody knows that Trump would not cut a penny to offset anything. He is as big govt as they come but he voted for it and he would have to live with the consequences.

Already pay for $#@! I don’t use.

put more money in my pocket now, I will invest it as I see.

We currently can export a lot of our money printing inflation via having a strong military.

When that ends, and the dollar tanks, I will be better off with the money in my pocket now to hedge against that day.
    I am operating on the premise the dollar doesn't have to tank for the us to change course and most people are like me. You can avoid this by not numbing the budget pain with tax cuts.

I am of the believe that if you can't tax it, you shouldn't spend it

I am operating on the premise the dollar doesn't have to tank for the us to change course and most people are like me. You can avoid this by not numbing the budget pain with tax cuts.

I am of the believe that if you can't tax it, you shouldn't spend it
    so they won’t spend like drunken sailors if they get more of my money...mmmk.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

so they won’t spend like drunken sailors if they get more of my money...mmmk.
    No really, but you feeling the pain and complaining would make em think twice before going on a spending spree with tax payers money. This concept is not even new, everybody knows this is why govt prefer indirect taxation aka borrowing and printing to direct taxation like the ones they just cut.

No really, but you feeling the pain and complaining would make em think twice before going on a spending spree with tax payers money. This concept is not even new, everybody knows this is why govt prefer indirect taxation aka borrowing and printing to direct taxation like the ones they just cut.

A wise person can plan and avoid it. Not so much with direct taxes.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video