Thread: San Francisco Bay Area Experiences Mass Exodus Of Residents

Exclamation San Francisco Bay Area Experiences Mass Exodus Of Residents

The comments are epic.

San Francisco Bay Area Experiences Mass Exodus Of Residents

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...dus-residents/

By Len Ramirez

February 8, 2018 at 5:32 pm

SAN JOSE (KPIX 5) – The number of people packing up and moving out of the Bay Area just hit its highest level in more than a decade.

Carole Dabak spent 40 years living in San Jose and now she’s part of the mass exodus that is showing no signs of slowing down.

The retired engineer’s packing up and calling it quits about to move to the state of Tennessee.

“I loved it here when I first got here. I really loved it here. But it’s just not the same,” Dabak said.

Of course people come and go from the Bay Area all the time, but for the first time in a long time, more people are leaving the Bay Area than are coming in. And the number one place in the country for out-migration is now, right here.

Russell Hancock with Joint Venture Silicon Valley said, “Silicon Valley has been this place that is growing. And it was mostly growing because…people relocating here and relocating from other parts of the world. That’s changing.”

Joint Venture Silicon Valley’s own study of the out-migration says workers are moving to Sacramento, Austin, and Portland due to a number of factors. But topping the list is the high cost of housing.

“You can’t even contemplate getting into the housing market here,” Hancock said. “And I don’t mean just service workers, I mean highly skilled professionals. The tech elite are having a hard time affording reasonable housing in Silicon Valley. So this is difficult, this makes it very difficult for employers trying to recruit.”

Operators of a San Jose U-Haul business say one of their biggest problems is getting its rental moving vans back because so many are on a one-way ticket out of town.

Dabak cites crowding, crime and politics as the reasons for her own exodus.

“We don’t like it here anymore. You know, we don’t like this sanctuary state status and just the politics here,” she said.

She plans to sell her home for about $1 million, buy a much larger place near Nashville for less than half that and retire closer to family and friends.

Nationwide, the cities with the highest inflows, according to Redfin are Phoenix, Las Vegas, Atlanta, and Nashville.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 02-09-2018 at 02:15 PM.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nationwide, the cities with the highest inflows, according to Redfin are Phoenix, Las Vegas, Atlanta, and Nashville.
    Well, I feel for you folks.

For the record, California people, everything you have heard about New Hampshire is true: the winters are brutal, 20 feet of snow and 30 below zero, moose jump out at your cars and kill you, toothless hillbillies walk around with guns on their hips, ticks attack you with deadly diseases, it's an awful, awful place.

Stay away!

The number of people packing up and moving out of the Bay Area just hit its highest level in more than a decade.
    A decade is not a long time. Last mass exodus was around 15 years ago.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

For the record, California people, everything you have heard about New Hampshire is true: the winters are brutal, 20 feet of snow and 30 below zero, moose jump out at your cars and kill you, toothless hillbillies walk around with guns on their hips, ticks attack you with deadly diseases, it's an awful, awful place.

Stay away!
    I am sitting in the sun right now getting an early start on my tan...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Build a wall!

I guess they just don't want to be represented by Nancy Pelosi

If everyone leaves who is going to clean up the poop on the streets ?

She better start looking for a house before she actually gets here. Even small houses don't stay on the market more than a week or two. High end housing goes in hours.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And when they get to places that are cheaper to live in, they ask things like, "What do you mean you only have a volunteer fire department!!?!!?" and vote to raise taxes and hire public workers with public pensions, and screw it up for the natives.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 02-10-2018 at 10:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    And when they get to places that are cheaper to live in, they ask things like, "What do you mean you only have a volunteer fire department!!?!!?" and vote to raise taxes and hire public workers with public pensions, and screw it up for the natives.
    Every_single_time.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Every_single_time.
    [insert over-used 'new border fence proposal' image here]

I'll never forget one grass fire we went to next to a rural McMansion with some New York expatriate living there, who nearly had a stroke when the first firefighter to show up was in a personal pickup truck. 'Yes mam, that's how we keep costs low here.' And the fire was nearly put out with a garden hose before the engine arrived.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 02-10-2018 at 11:00 AM. Reason: just learned i've been spelling expatriate wrong my whole life
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

[insert over-used 'new border fence proposal' image here]

I'll never forget one grass fire we went to next to a rural McMansion with some New York expatriate living there, who nearly had a stroke when the first firefighter to show up was in a personal pickup truck. 'Yes mam, that's how we keep costs low here.' And the fire was nearly put out with a garden hose before the engine arrived.
    Our town used to have a all volunteer fire dept. No more, the tax tics are thick around here now, and the idiots just keep voting for more.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Our town used to have a all volunteer fire dept. No more, the tax tics are thick around here now, and the idiots just keep voting for more.
    I was a volunteer firefighter for six years. I loved it, even calls at 3 in the morning where I had to work my real job the next morning. The camaraderie even passed that up from the time I was in the Marines.

It makes me sick seeing some of these guys get a fat paycheck and full benefits to laze around the firehouse all day and get a good adrenal rush every now and then, and then they demand more. That's bad enough, but some of the paid firefighters achieve an arrogance that even surpasses that of LEOs.
    Last edited by RJB; 02-10-2018 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    It makes me sick seeing some of these guys get a fat paycheck and full benefits to laze around the firehouse all day and get a good adrenal rush every now and then, and then they demand more. That's bad enough, but some of the paid firefighters achieve an arrogance that even surpasses that of LEOs.
    It's called being clever and knowing where to position yourself in the system. Unlike you, dummies.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I was a volunteer firefighter for six years. I loved it, even calls at 3 in the morning where I had to work my real job the next morning. The camaraderie even passed that up from the time I was in the Marines.

It certainly rivals their arrogance, the "first responder" hero worship is just as bad as the copsucking. The last time I worked on a high rise some roided up firefighter had all the construction workers out giving us some lame ass lecture. He was pretty impressed with himself.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    If everyone leaves who is going to clean up the poop on the streets ?
    Thats what Pelosi wants Mexicans for. Its a trap!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Stay away!
    The Ozarks is far worse!

Too many high paying jobs drew too many people to the area. Happens in a lot of boom towns. Oil shale towns have seen the same thing.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 02-10-2018 at 02:04 PM.

I've heard it all:

"VOLUNTEER Fire Dept???!!!"

"Where are your sidewalks???!!!"

"Well water and septic tanks???!!!"

"What do mean I have to take my own trash to the dump??!!"

"There are only six cops in town???!!" (Six too $#@!ing many was my response)

"Somebody is shooting guns in the woods!!!"

"Why are there no streetlights?"

"Dirt roads???!!!"

And on and on and on.

Thank Christ, most of these $#@!s, after living through a couple of NH winters, give up and move to North Carolina.

and the cities and places all those Calexiters go will turn into the same California politics and taxes etc...

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

You have to wonder if that isn't the real goal, to spread liberals across the land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinmo View Post
    You have to wonder if that isn't the real goal, to spread liberals across the land.
    Why nobody asks, so why did you leave the promised land?