Bette Midler Bashes Rand Paul After Government Shutdown, Gets Brutal Response

February 9, 2018 Dan Lindsey

Actress Bette Midler launched a vile attack on Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) after the recent government shutdown. Now, the washed-up star is getting a brutal response that she never expected.

Rand Paul (left), Bette Midler (right) (Photo Credits: YouTube/ABC News/MsWSanderson)

According to The Gateway Pundit, Midler took to Twitter in a fit of rage over the report that Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) caused the government shut down by blocking the vote on a massive bipartisan, budget-busting spending deal. Paul reportedly held up the vote in protest of returning to Obama era trillion-dollar deficits.

I can understand Paul’s disappointment given that Republicans are in control of the House, the Senate, and the White House. His expectations are higher, and quite honestly, I think he represents millions of Americans who think that the GOP should be doing a better job.

One person who does not agree with Paul in any way whatsoever is actress Bette Midler who unleashed a nasty attack on the senator for sticking to his guns. Disgustingly, Midler said, “Where’s Rand Paul’s neighbor when we need him?”

Where’s Rand Paul’s neighbor when we need him?

— Bette Midler (@BetteMidler) February 9, 2018
Midler’s nasty comment was referring to a horrific attack on Paul last year from his liberal degenerate neighbor. The attack reportedly left Paul with six broken ribs among other injuries. Paul’s neighbor, Rene Boucher, claimed the attack was not politically motivated. Ironically, the two men had not spoken to each other in years prior to the attack.

To dispel rumors that the attack was the result of some longstanding neighborly dispute, Paul released a statement in which he said his family has had “no conversation with him in many years. The first conversation with the attacker came after Senator Paul’s ribs were broken. This was not a ‘fight,’ it was a blindside, violent attack by a disturbed person. Anyone claiming otherwise is simply uninformed or seeking media attention.”

Rand Paul hit back at Bette Midler for her nasty comment with the following response through his Chief Strategist Doug Stafford: “I guess some people think felony assault, six broken ribs, and other internal injuries are funny. That makes them pretty disturbed.” Midler’s vile remarks were uncalled for, and I could not agree with Paul more.

Many angry Twitter users joined in to scold Midler for her sick comment. One user, named Wanda Sloper, said, “This is so wrong – he was badly injured by this neighbor and this comment is NOT FUNNY – you owe an apology to Rand @RandPaul – even though people don’t agree on things it is still wrong to wish HARM UPON SOMEONE. I expected better of you – shame on you…”

This is so wrong – he was badly injured by this neighbor and this comment is NOT FUNNY -you owe an apology to Rand @RandPaul – even though people don't agree on things it is still wrong to wish HARM UPON SOMEONE. I expected better of you – shame on you…

— Wanda Sloper (@rhsgwanda11) February 9, 2018
I wouldn’t hold my breath for an apology from Bette Midler, but Wanda is totally right about this. Midler is pretty rotten for wishing harm on Senator Paul.

Another Twitter user named Heather responded to Midler, saying, “Usually idc what celebrities say about politics, I’ve loved Bette since I was a little kid – but this statement made me lose all respect for her. Ick.”

Usually idc what celebrities say about politics, I’ve loved Bette since I was a little kid- but this statement made me lose all respect for her. Ick

— Heather (@starlasworld) February 9, 2018
Heather isn’t alone, I’m sure many people who saw Midler’s tacky comments lost all respect for her.

Andrew Love ripped into Midler with some brutal honesty. He said, “Violence and assault are no joking matters. Rand was a victim of violence and you ask for it to happen again? WTF.”

Violence and assault are no joking matters. Rand was a victim of violence and you ask for it to happen again? WTF

— Andrew Love (@VictoryInLove) February 9, 2018
Well said, Andrew. Sadly, liberals like Midler are only anti-violence when it doesn’t pertain to a conservative. If the victim is a Republican Senator or a Trump supporter, it’s game on for the left. This hypocritical attitude always comes back around to bite them, though.

Nick Short weighed in on Midler’s nasty tweet with this epic response: “Preparing to go to prison after pleading guilty to felony assault on Rand Paul. Rand suffered 6 broken ribs, 3 of those being displaced, and was hospitalized with pneumonia from his lung also being damaged from the attack. Where’s your sense of morality? Gone like your career.”

Preparing to go to prison after pleading guilty to felony assault on Rand Paul. Rand suffered 6 broken ribs, 3 of those being displaced, and was hospitalized with pneumonia from his lung also being damaged from the attack. Where’s your sense of morality? Gone like your career. https://t.co/Vky2yYtoIC

— Nick Short 🇺🇸 (@PoliticalShort) February 9, 2018
I hope Bette Midler thinks twice before opening her big mouth again. There’s nothing like a little Twitter justice to remind Midler that her lack of decency isn’t going unnoticed.
https://madworldnews.com/bette-midle...zen.yandex.com