Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RAND PAUL: Bring home our troops and throw a parade!

RAND PAUL: Bring home our troops and throw a parade!

Breaking on Drudge, be interesting to see how neocons' disgraced lapdog Nikki Haley would respond to this call:

RAND PAUL: Bring home our troops and throw a parade!

A military parade in the nation’s capital? The last military parade in Washington was in 1991, after our victory in the first Iraq War.
    Though the martial image of high-stepping soldiers is not one I tend to associate with our nation’s Founders’ distrust of a standing Army, I’m not against a victory celebration. So I propose we declare victory in Afghanistan, bring home our 14,000 troops and hold a victory parade.

e spend about $50 billion a year in Afghanistan. When quizzed in the Senate Foreign Relations Committee recently, undersecretaries of Defense and State could not answer the most rudimentary of questions concerning the war.
    How many Taliban fighters do we face? Blank faces for an answer. What percentage of the Taliban are unrepentant terrorists unwilling to negotiate? Blank faces again.
    The Taliban now control a significant amount of Afghanistan’s real estate. Are the Taliban open to negotiating, considering that they appear to be winning? Blank faces again, but with perhaps a touch of remorse, knowing that there really is no possible military solution in Afghanistan.
    The neocons are unaccustomed to nuance in victory. They seem to have learned some lesson about unconditional and total surrender when America dropped atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki to end World War II with the surrender of Japan, and they seem unwilling or unable to accept any other form of victory.
    So, by all means, a parade – yes! As long as it is a victory parade heralding an end to America’s longest war.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/...tan-first.html

Related

Pre-election Trump: It is time to get out of Afghanistan ; Pence: Longest US War will go on

Trump imposes limited censorship on Afghan war reports, Newsweek says U.S. Is Losing Badly

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Outstanding.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

I agree 100% with Rand.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

LOL
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Oyarde supports Rand in this message . Bring them home .

If Trump actually did this, Rand deserves the peace prize. Unfortunately I think Trump would prefer to drop another MOAB.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    I think Trump would prefer to drop another MOAB.
    Ya, people think a lot of crazy things about Trump these days.

I was talking to a friend earlier, he said I was racist because I was talking about Obama retaining legal counsel for the FISA abuses. Whether that is true or not for certain remains to be seen, but I told him that is one of the reasons why Trump's approval ratings are so high, people are sick of all of the irrational Trump hatred already. He said that Trump's approval rating was 20%, worst of any President, 15 points worse than Bush. Turns out Trump's approval rating is 43.2%, which is higher than Obama's was during this time of his Presidency.

The thing is, speculating about whether the former President has retained legal counsel due to an investigation that is related to their Presidential term is a lot different than underestimating the President's support by more than half.. you wanna talk about living in an alternate reality.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

WHERE
    O
    WHERE have i heard this before???

oh YEAH:
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Naive Rand again pretending Trump is an honest man who can be talked out of doing the bidding of the neocon. Anyone else tired of this silly game?

Next thing Rand will be trying to pick out cars for pedestrians or meat cuts for vegans. Trump ran and won of being anti interventionist, he may be an idiot in many ways but with this issue he knows exactly what he is doing.

It would definitely be cause for celebration.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Trump ran and won of being anti interventionist, he may be an idiot in many ways but with this issue he knows exactly what he is doing.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...the-Deep-State

Naive Rand again pretending Trump is an honest man who can be talked out of doing the bidding of the neocon.
    It's not naivete. He knows perfectly well what Trump is (said it many times during the campaign).

It's a way to criticize Trump's policies and advocate for liberty without attacking Trump directly and drawing the wrath of the Trumpletariat.

...not saying I like this strategy, but it has a certain logic to it.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    It's not naivete. He knows perfectly well what Trump is (said it many times during the campaign).

It's a way to criticize Trump's policies and advocate for liberty without attacking Trump directly and drawing the wrath of the Trumpletariat.

Agree with your assertion that he knows exactly what he is doing. He has been playing that angle well, IMHO.

Next thing Rand will be trying to pick out cars for pedestrians or meat cuts for vegans.

I 100% agree with Rand and before him Ron.

Better to have a parade than have all those troops all around the world, bring them all home, then we can have a parade celebrating there return and the money we are now saving.

All we really need are a couple dozen subs armed with small tactical nukes, and as Ron Paul said nobody will ever touch America.

I like the way he can agree with Trump but with a caveat that trumpets a fiscally responsibly non-interventionist ideology, he is better at politicking than his dad. I like Ron's steadfastness, but Rand is more pragmatic in making realistic headway with the base that got Trump elected.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Linzi
    It appears ‘General’ @RandPaul is at it again. He just called for the immediate withdrawal of all forces from Afghanistan as a way to give the US military a pay raise. Fortunately, only ‘General’ Paul – and the Taliban - think that’s a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post

Well, it seems like he has done a 180 from what he was saying during the campaign. All he does now is pretend that Trump is not a fraud like he pointed out during the campaign and on top of that goes out of his way to give the man the benefit of the doubt when he done absolutely nothing to deserve it. I have heard him on several occasion defend Trump on national TV when Trump was acting a fool.

The problem with this strategy is that when (not if) Trump starts to become unpopular, he would be known as one of the politicians who covered for him. It is a strategy that is bound to blow up in his face when the tide turns. Only a minority understands the "game" that he is playing and that minority already supports him.

It is also annoying as hell to listen to

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Its my way of saying that Rand is making recommendations to people who are abstaining for the item Rand is recommending for them. Another version is to say that someone is asking what kind of cars pedestrians drive. Its a silly questions cos they don't drive cars.

You have to understand, English is not my first language

Its my way of saying that Rand is making recommendations to people who are abstaining for the item Rand is recommending for them. Another version is to say that someone is asking what kind of cars pedestrians drive. Its a silly questions cos they don't drive cars.

You have to understand, English is not my first language
    It's almost like Rand Paul is putting lipstick on a pig.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    It's almost like Rand Paul is putting lipstick on a pig.
    Exactly and the folks will turn on his when that lipstick washes off. I think he is better off just answering some of the Trump question the way he answered it in this interview by just saying that he doesn't know what he is think or the working of his administration.

Do it and just sit back till the whole thing implodes.

Nice. The imagery of a victory parade is the kind of thing that we need. Non intervention is the road to true big league winning.

C'mon 'Murica, get on board, bring 'em home and MAGA for real, not as a slogan. And elect folks who really will.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Well, it seems like he has done a 180 from what he was saying during the campaign. All he does now is pretend that Trump is not a fraud like he pointed out during the campaign and on top of that goes out of his way to give the man the benefit of the doubt when he done absolutely nothing to deserve it. I have heard him on several occasion defend Trump on national TV when Trump was acting a fool.

The problem with this strategy is that when (not if) Trump starts to become unpopular, he would be known as one of the politicians who covered for him. It is a strategy that is bound to blow up in his face when the tide turns. Only a minority understands the "game" that he is playing and that minority already supports him.

It is also annoying as hell to listen to
    Agreed

This isn't the approach I'd have taken (I thought he never should have endorsed him), but, still, I can appreciate what he's trying to do.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Is this for real? "Taliban invites Rand Paul to peace talks"

Is this for real? Is it just anti-Paul propaganda? I can see Lindsey Graham or McCain using it against Rand.
    Apparently the story was first reported yesterday by the Washington Times.

Taliban invites Rand Paul to peace talks
    By Carlo Muñoz - The Washington Times
    Sunday, February 11, 2018

The Taliban is extending an invitation to Sen. Rand Paul, Kentucky Republican, to their political office in Doha, to discuss possible peace plans to end the 17-year Afghan war.

The invitation, proposed on the terror group’s social media accounts under the moniker of the “Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan,” was extended in response to Mr. Paul’s recent comments on the status of the war.

“We invite the respectable U.S. Senator Rand Paul, in his official capacity to visit our political office in Doha for mutual talks,” the Twitter post by the Information Committee of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan read.

“We’ll prove to Mr. Rand Paul, the immediate US withdrawal from [Afghanistan] will bring peace to our country & will enhance international security,” the group added in the social media post.

During an interview with Fox News on Thursday, Sen. Paul lambasted Washington’s continued investment in the Afghan conflict, with no clear endgame in sight. “The war in Afghanistan is costing us $50 billion a year… It’s time to come home. There is no military victory there,” Mr. Paul said.

more: https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2...talks-taliban/
    Taliban Invites US Senator for Mutual Talks
    Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:29

TEHRAN (FNA)- Taliban invited a US senator for “mutual talks” in the Qatari capital Doha, where the so-called Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan has an office.

The terror group’s social media accounts extended the invitation to Kentucky Republican Senator Rand Paul over his latest comments about the United States’ long war in Afghanistan, The Washington Times reported.

“We invite the respectable US Senator Rand Paul, in his official capacity to visit our political office in Doha for mutual talks,” according to a Twitter post by the self-declared Information Committee of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan.

It further suggested that the US should withdraw its forces from the war-ravaged country for peace to emerge.

“We’ll prove to Mr. Rand Paul, the immediate US withdrawal from [Afghanistan] will bring peace to our country & will enhance international security,” the group added in the social media post.

The Kentucky lawmaker had criticized investment in the war on Afghanistan during an interview with Fox News on Thursday.

“The war in Afghanistan is costing us $50 billion a year… It’s time to come home. There is no military victory there,” Paul said.

On August 21, Trump announced he would prolong the military intervention in Afghanistan.

The United States --- under Republican George W. Bush’s presidency --- and its allies invaded Afghanistan on October 7, 2001 as part of Washington’s so-called war on terror.

http://en.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13961123000909
    Report: Taliban Invites Rand Paul to Talk: ‘We’ll Prove’ U.S. Withdrawal ‘Will Bring Peace’
    by EDWIN MORA 12 Feb 2018

Taliban terrorists have invited Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) to their political office in Qatar to discuss peace plans to bring the nearly 17-year-old war in Afghanistan to a conclusion.

The invitation, reportedly posted on the jihadist group’s social media accounts, came in response to Sen. Paul’s recent comments about the conflict, notes the Washington Times.

“We invite the respectable [U.S. Senator Rand Paul], in his official capacity to visit our political office in Doha for mutual talks,” the Taliban wrote on Twitter under the moniker of the “Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan."

more: http://www.breitbart.com/national-se...l-bring-peace/
    Last edited by Valli6; 02-12-2018 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Is this for real? Is it just anti-Paul propaganda? I can see Lindsey Graham or McCain using it against Rand.
    Only anti-paul if you don't think we are the invaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    It sounds like a good idea if he can either get DJTvsg's cooperation or if he runs and wins in 2020.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Jan2017

Is this for real? "Taliban invites Rand Paul to peace talks"

If this was true . . . it has to be with the US State Department approvals/blessing and heck, security for that matter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast