Thread: Just Say No: Reagan Militarizes the War on Drugs

Just Say No: Reagan Militarizes the War on Drugs

10/11/2017Chris Calton
    In spite of declining drug usage, the Reagan Administration placed renewed interest in the War on Drugs. Chris Calton explains how President Reagan eliminated restrictions that prevented the US military from enforcing domestic laws, while also reducing Constitutional safeguards that prevented police from using illegally obtained evidence. The consequences? A rise in drug potency—and danger.

https://mises.org/library/just-say-n...es-war-drugs-1
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The 80’s... when random drug testing of pilots began. It made sense, right? Cause we know, whenever watching the cops shows and there a drug bust, what do we always see, but a bunch of pilots... now workers at the Gap are drug tested too...
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    The 80’s... when random drug testing of pilots began. It made sense, right? Cause we know, whenever watching the cops shows and there a drug bust, what do we always see, but a bunch of pilots... now workers at the Gap are drug tested too...
    Is the Gap still a thing? I'm afraid I never really got past the boots and blue jeans stage so I never shopped there.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Seems like early 80's is when the Army started that random piss test thing .

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Is the Gap still a thing? I'm afraid I never really got past the boots and blue jeans stage so I never shopped there.
    I think they sold jeans at the Gap . Back then though I got mine at Sears when they ran them on sale . Danke does not support me well in my old age now so I just get them at yard sales .

The Reagan-Bush administration transformed the CIA in the Cocaine Importing Agency.
    This was done under the guise of fighting Communism in Central and South America.

The cover-up for this scandal was called Iran-Contra.

They effectively legalised CIA assets to be involved in selling and trafficking drugs in a secret agreement between CIA and the Justice Department.

All this and more in the following thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6451729
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    The Reagan-Bush administration transformed the CIA in the Cocaine Importing Agency.
    This was done under the guise of fighting Communism in Central and South America.

The cover-up for this scandal was called Iran-Contra.

They effectively legalised CIA assets to be involved in selling and trafficking drugs in a secret agreement between CIA and the Justice Department.

All this and more in the following thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6451729
    I think Regan could not fight what Bush/Cheney wanted to do and live.