Thread: Philly Coach Doug Pederson Praises ‘Lord and Savior Jesus Christ’ During Post-Game Celebration

Thumbs up Philly Coach Doug Pederson Praises ‘Lord and Savior Jesus Christ’ During Post-Game Celebration

Very refreshing to hear.

Philly Coach Doug Pederson Praises ‘Lord and Savior Jesus Christ’ During Post-Game Celebration

by TRENT BAKER

The Philadelphia Eagles took down the reigning champs Sunday with a thrilling 41-33 victory over New England.

Following the game, Eagles coach Doug Pederson proclaimed his faith and thanked Jesus Christ for the opportunity.

“How do you explain this, that nine years ago you’re coaching in high school and here you are with this trophy?” Dan Patrick asked.

Pederson replied, “I can only give the praise to my lord and savior Jesus Christ for giving me this opportunity and I’m going to tell you something: I’ve got the best players in the world.”
    http://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/...itbart+News%29
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    For the people who are new to sports, this is not a new phenomena. Sports stars have been known to thank God for their wins, performance etc after their games. Some people like Tim Teabow are criticized by it because to some, it seems like they are too preachy and/or they go completely out of their way to tell everyone they are Christians who have been saved.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    For the people who are new to sports, this is not a new phenomena. Sports stars have been known to thank God for their wins, performance etc after their games. Some people like Tim Teabow are criticized by it because to some, it seems like they are too preachy and/or they go completely out of their way to tell everyone they are Christians who have been saved.

I am not a sports fan, so it is still refreshing to hear. This country, IMHO, has certainly lost it's way.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Religious virtue signalling. Jesus isn't taking sides in your game. Neither is Allah.

If a person really had balls and wanted to take their 30 seconds of fame off-topic, why not thank President Trump or Che Guevara?

"First of all, I want everyone to Google Ron Paul! Oh yeah, I'm happy we won. We played hard and the refs were on our side. Yeehaa!"
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Not a sports fan, but never understood this notion that God or Christ is going to take time out to chose sides in a football game.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Not a sports fan, but never understood this notion that God or Christ is going to take time out to chose sides in a football game.
    This

The most egregious example of this inappropriate thanking God in sports came from Russel Wilson. The playoff game against the Vikings, the Viking drove down to the 6 yard line and only needing a field goal to win. They brought out the kicker Blair Walsh who then proceeded to miss right this cheap shot of a field goal.

Well, during the post game interview with Russel Wilson, he said something to the effect "We couldn't have done this without God". This was after Walsh kicked what was very close to a career ending kick. I was an alter boy growing up and I remember the priest telling us during the inter parish soccer tournaments that we went to not to involve God with the games, we can pray to him to sharpen our focus, protect us from injury but never ask him to allow us to win. You win on your own efforts not God's favors

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    I don't believe God is taking sides per se. I believe God is in it to help individuals when they ask for guidance and direction.

Proverbs 18:16 | KJV
    A man's gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men.

Proverbs 22:4 | KJV
    By humility and the fear of the Lord are riches, and honour, and life.

James 4:10 | KJV
    Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Amos 5:14 | KJV
    Seek good, and not evil, that ye may live: and so the Lord, the God of hosts, shall be with you, as ye have spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    ...this cheap shot of a field goal.
    It's actually chip shot.

And not to derail the thread, but you might get a kick out of the Snow Plow Game.

The Snowplow Game was a regular-season game played between the Miami Dolphins and New England Patriots on December 12, 1982, at Schaefer Stadium in Foxborough, Massachusetts. The stadium's snowplow operator, Mark Henderson, cleared a spot on the snowy field specifically for New England kicker John Smith so he could kick the game-winning field goal to give the Patriots a 3–0 win.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.