Thread: Man carrying concealed pistol stops attack on Utah police officer

Man carrying concealed pistol stops attack on Utah police officer

Man carrying concealed pistol stops attack on Utah police officer

By Katherine Lam | Fox News

A Utah police officer who was being attacked on Friday was saved by a passerby with a concealed pistol after the man drove by while the assault was taking place and turned around to help, officials said.

The unidentified police officer confronted the attacker, identified as Paul Douglas Anderson, after spotting feet dangling from a donation bin in Springville, FOX13 Salt Lake City reported on Saturday. Anderson got out of the bin, but refused to remove his hands from his pocket.

The officer ordered Anderson to remove his hands out of his pockets. Anderson eventually took his hands out of his pants’ pockets and began repeatedly punching the officer in the face.

Derek Meyer told FOX13 he was driving by the area when he spotted the police lights and saw Anderson attacking the cop. Meyer turned around, pulled over and pulled out his pistol.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/04...lar+Content%29
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Meyer aimed the pistol at Anderson and yelled at him to stop attacking the officer. Anderson bolted from the scene as responding officers arrived. The attacker, who was found hiding under a flatbed trailer, was arrested and faces several charges, according to FOX13.
    He's very very lucky the arriving cops, seeing a beat up and bloody fellow cop with a Mundane pointing a pistol in his direction, that he didn't get ventilated on sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    He's very very lucky the arriving cops, seeing a beat up and bloody fellow cop with a Mundane pointing a pistol in his direction, that he didn't get ventilated on sight.
    I'm sure he holstered it after the victim ran away.

I'm glad the Officer is OK.

But what was that other dude doing with a gun?? Just carrying a gun for no reason?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I'm glad the Officer is OK.

But what was that other dude doing with a gun?? Just carrying a gun for no reason?
    Must have been on his way to a hunting competition.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Must have been on his way to a hunting competition.
    +rep that must be it
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I'm sure he holstered it after the victim ran away.
    He's lucky he isn't dead just for carrying within 100 yards of a wounded kop.

I give the police a LITTLE more legitimacy and credit than many on this site (2 of my best friends are "good" cops) but they have gone quite insane and must be treated like rabid animals, the good Samaritan should have phoned for medical aid for the kop while leaving the area as fast as he could walk. (NOT run, he might get mistaken for a perp if he ran)
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    He's lucky he isn't dead just for carrying within 100 yards of a wounded kop.

I give the police a LITTLE more legitimacy and credit than many on this site (2 of my best friends are "good" cops) but they have gone quite insane and must be treated like rabid animals, the good Samaritan should have phoned for medical aid for the kop while leaving the area as fast as he could walk. (NOT run, he might get mistaken for a perp if he ran)
    Ya. Sure.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ya. Sure.
    Notice the quotation marks.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Notice the quotation marks.
    "best friends" didn't have quotations. Just saying.

"best friends" didn't have quotations. Just saying.
    Hogan and Schultz were friends.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Hogan and Schultz were friends.
    Best?

Best?
    I'd say Schultz made the group, Klink didn't.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I'd say Schultz made the group, Klink didn't.
    I don't understand what you are on about in the context? Stalag 13 through references. No idea.

So how are your cop buddies?

I don't understand what you are on about in the context? Stalag 13 through references. No idea.

So how are your cop buddies?
    Schultz was a good man who was doing a job to support his family that made him a jailer, in spite of this he tried to be friendly and lenient to the prisoners, Hogan and the gang recognized the sweet little kid inside him and would often try to help him out, Klink was a typical selfish corrupt human whose job put him in a similar position to Schultz but he chose to be adversarial or at times even viscious.

My two cop friends are like Schultz.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Schultz was a good man who was doing a job to support his family that made him a jailer, in spite of this he tried to be friendly and lenient to the prisoners, Hogan and the gang recognized the sweet little kid inside him and would often try to help him out, Klink was a typical selfish corrupt human whose job put him in a similar position to Schultz but he chose to be adversarial or at times even viscious.

My two cop friends are like Schultz.
    Ignorance is not a defense. $#@! Shultz.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.