Thread: US needs to cool down and admit it lost the war on terror.

US needs to cool down and admit it lost the war on terror.

The top military needs to be reminded the 17 years of keeping the country in war mode does not look like winning of anything. It is time to admit defeat and surrender. This looks much worse than Vietnam and we know full well here there is not way we can kill all terrorists ever.

BRING THEM HOME

Truth hurts sometimes but we don't want Osama to win, do we?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The US government and its beneficiaries never have lost.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    The US government and its beneficiaries never have lost.
    How long can you milk this cow? Is their creativity so limited? All I can think of is war so a war we will have.

One big difference from Vietnam is the draft. That solidified opposition back then. But yeah the WOT is horrible, might as well call it the War On Liberty.

Where's Tricky Dicky when you need him?

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    How long can you milk this cow? Is their creativity so limited? All I can think of is war so a war we will have.
    War on terror was just warm up for war on human rights abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    War on terror was just warm up for war on human rights abuse.
    Can't wait for that part.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Can't wait for that part.
    We already started which was the deep states justification for intervening in the presidential election. Russia blew up a bunch of our $#@! in Syria, they exposed our fake war against ISIS. So Trump had to make a new one up.

The thing is the war on terror for the first 16 years wasn't really a war on terror, it was an excuse to topple regimes we didn't like.. often arming and funding terrorists and creating entire terror organizations like ISIS to help us reach those goals.

Those actions caused considerable duress in the Middle East that we were responsible for, specifically ISIS, and Trump knows this - he even said that Obama was the founder of ISIS.

I dunno how accurate these stats are, but it is interesting to see:

So the question is, you become President of the US after we have just created ISIS and they have taken over a significant amount of territory.

Do you feel any moral obligation to help fix the problems we created over there, specifically, arming and funding ISIS which has taken over a significant amount of territory?

The second question is, what do you do about it?

What I would probably do is just pull out our troops and say, "sorry guys, I don't trust the military industrial complex enough that I think they will be able to fix your problems. I sincerely apologize for what we have done, but the good news is it isn't going to happen anymore under my watch."

Another alternative would be to go in and take out ISIS, return the land back to the people, and then pull out. Fix the problem we created to some extent that we can, then hand it back to them. That is, what I hope, Donald Trump is going for. According to the graphic above he has been quite successful. We will see how it plays out from here.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The thing is the war on terror for the first 16 years wasn't really a war on terror, it was an excuse to topple regimes we didn't like.. often arming and funding terrorists and creating entire terror organizations like ISIS
    Trump didn't defeat ISIS that's fake news

Russian warplanes reportedly bombed US base in Syria

Russian warplanes reportedly bombed a secret military base in Syria used by elite American and British forces last month.officials in the Pentagon and CIA contend that Washington bowed to Moscow in the deal and believe that the U.S. needs to confront Russia. The Russian strike on the base occurred on June 16 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Trump didn't defeat ISIS that's fake news
    What does the chart I posted say about defeating ISIS?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    What does the chart I posted say about defeating ISIS?
    I wasn't talking about the chart, I was just agreeing with you that we created ISIS to topple foreign regimes we don't like.