We are indeed awfully deep into the kimchee now, as you say.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
Functionally speaking, I agree.

So it would seem.

This, too, is nauseously true.

At the root of things, compromise should be out of the question. In a world of better men, those very men would never compromise. The only other avenue of action, then, is war or at least the threat of it. If at the pointy end of the threat, those who demanded compromise do not back off, then war becomes more than a mere prospect. In my opinion, this is how it ought to be. The "left" are mostly cowards and non-adepts who, if faced with immediate extinction would surrender without a fight.
And as each day passes, their defeat becomes less and less prospect, sadly. We who recognize the true manner of things... we're left to teeter upon the lever over which liberty and slavery tips. You and I and a few others here are actually the God-forsaken cowards, frankly. We know the end of the script... we know how all of this will play out. Yet here we sit on our comfortable chairs, with a fire burning... awfully comfortable.

My normative ideals are hideous to the eyes of the lesser man because he is a coward, willing to sell his soul in exchange for some token fortune. Therefore, we must work with what we've got.
Disagree. "Working with what we've got" got us to where we're at. We're well past the point of working with what we've got. What we've got is a goddammed mess that ain't salvageable, and ain't worth salvaging.

That being said, I'm glad I got to keep a few score more of mine-own sheckles this week... thanks Don! lol

Given this, compromise as an intermediate and dishonest set of measures would appear to be the only option that holds even the least promise of leading to the desired result. By "intermediate", I mean that one places his honor on the shelf for the time being for the sake of gaining the final objective. This is precisely what the "left" does, and they are well-honed experts at it. Those on the "right" wholly and expertly suck at it.
That works for the left because somnambulism isn't just an element to their strategy; their entire political philosophy DEPENDS upon it. They can sleep-walk the entire human race into their Utopia. We can't. Our ideal world requires that people walk into it eyes wide open...

By "dishonest", I mean that such compromise is by its very nature dishonest toward those with whom it is being made. This is so because the objectives of the Freemen are perforce at deep odds with those of Weakmen. The two are incompatible at the most fundamental conceptual levels. Therefore, if the ultimate goal is freedom, which is anathema to Weakmen, and compromise is being made with the explicit objective of attaining proper liberty, then those accommodations must perforce be lies or other forms of deceit.
Agreed. Perhaps I've tipped one too many back on this Saturday, but does this not disagree with your previous paragraph?

In principle I have no problem with lying and compromising with a despicable but nonetheless dangerous enemy under circumstances such as these. One may do what one feels he must, but in the doing there stands the risk of becoming that which you seek to defeat. Sadly, this is far more likely an outcome than one would want to contemplate.
Ah, I see. Yet I do not believe this is a viable path for us. It wasn't for those who've come before us...

Understatement of the week.

Not to mention all the other advantages to which I have referred in previous posts.

The "left" are not virtuous, nor are they particularly bright. They are, however, endlessly treacherous and very clever pursuant thereto. They enjoy the distinct and crushing advantage of having base human corruption on their side - entropy is a downhill slide for them, whereas it is a steep uphill hump for their betters.
What they actually are, are a bunch of well-intended feels-goods-ers, who've bought, ate and swallowed a sugar-laden jug of bilge water, peddled on their inexperience, virtue, and ignorance. There is a thin layer at the top of pond scum, to be sure, but the rank and file are actually pretty decent people.

I understand your reticence and I will not judge you, but will remind anyone that these are the "weaknesses" that destroy prospects for success. Those who fought the first American revolution risked precisely this - orphaning their children on what was a very uncertain bet. Had they not stepped up, none of us would be here.
We agree here, sir. Judge me as I judge myself - a coward, as I said earlier. I can pretty it up any way I like, at the end of the day, that's the end of the equation. I know how the story goes, yet here I sit on me comfortable ass.

My only defense is that it weighs on me... I didn't say it's a particularly compelling defense.

I understand.
Explain it to me, then... because I don't.

That's only true of the tainted. Yes, I know I'm a grand-scale snot and no, I will not apologize for it.

Unfortunately, that truth, no matter how eloquently forceful in its presentation, will not alter their views. They don't want freedom. They want their pretty slavery, and have gotten it in great abundance. The only problem is that it's been getting less pretty such that ever greater numbers are feeling the pinch Selling your soul is a real bitch.

The blood path to freedom is the cleanest, all else equal. But it requires of men that which they are apparently not willing to give, which is why we will likely never have it. The path of dishonest compromise is far too likely to corrupt the lesser men willing to take it for the sake of convenience, mitigating loss, ignorance, or what have you.

We are deep in the kimchee and I repeat this to the nausea of everyone in the vanishing hope that the depressing nature of the truth might spur them to partake of the red pill and get their asses moving.
Again, I couldn't agree with you more, other than to say that none of us will get up off of our asses until our asses become uncomfortable.

No one wants to be a speed-bump in history. No one wants to sacrifice his life to a vague footnote in a division 3 master's thesis no one will ever read.

What that amounts to is another little pile on the mountain our lineage will climb. I look at my son and I'm ashamed for handing off to him what I'm afraid to face. Maybe he'll do the same with his kid. Maybe his kid will do the same. Someday, someone is gonna pay the piper.