Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whole Foods employees are 'crying' over stressful new workplace rules, report says

Whole Foods employees are 'crying' over stressful new workplace rules, report says

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/20...port-says.html

Whole Foods employees are 'crying' over stressful new workplace rules, report says
    "report", I see no real reference to any "report". Sounds more like "union organizations promote"

Employees at Whole Foods Market say the company’s new policies have thrown their workday into chaos, with one supervisor saying it’s not uncommon to see stressed-out employees crying on the job.

Workers for the Austin-based supermarket chain tell Business Insider that the store’s new “order-to-shelf” inventory system has been taking a toll on the staff since the guidelines were implemented last year

I wake up in the middle of the night from nightmares about maps and inventory,” said one Whole Foods employee who spoke with Business Insider. “The stress has created such a tense working environment. Seeing someone cry at work is becoming normal."

Under the new procedure, store managers and employees are instructed to display the store’s inventory mostly on its shelves, rather than hold a larger inventory in a back room and constantly restock — a practice that leads to stores “constantly running out of products,” according to one employee.

This order-to-shelf system, or OTS, is also the same system that was recently blamed for the empty shelves spotted at Whole Foods locations across the country, but employees have claimed that the “militaristic” inventory system prevented them from doing much to correct the problem.

Making matters worse are the new “scorecards” that managers are expected to grade their employees with. According to Business Insider, these scorecards record how an employee stocked a certain shelf, or managed the storage area for their department. Supervisors are also expected to quiz employees on the best-selling items or sales goals for that particular week, and deduct points for unsatisfactory results, if necessary.

"Every item in our department has a designated spot that is labeled or marked," another employee told the publication. "If that item is even an inch outside of its designated spot … we receive negative marks."

Any employee who scores below an 89.9 is possibly subject to termination, say workers

more at link...
    But anyways, If these rules are too tough for these snowflakes then... well I don't even know what to say. I'd wager there are hundreds of people willing to take their jobs and perform up to snuff. seriously, these people have obviously never had to work an actual HARD job.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's never just work, if they're crying its a combination of stress at home and the fatigue of working a dead-end job, living beyond their means, maybe going to school, family issues. Work, as we know it, doesn't make people cry in itself.

Sounds like this is a step toward eliminating the shelf stocker and having automation stock the shelves.

I really hope Whole Foods is committed to efficiency and shifts to Manna 1.0

http://marshallbrain.com/manna1.htm

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Employees at Whole Foods Market say the company’s new policies have thrown their workday into chaos, with one supervisor saying it’s not uncommon to see stressed-out employees crying on the job.
    DH says that was never uncommon.

He also says their managers are probably freaking. Under the previous Libertarian ownership (which the left sobbed about) employee happiness was always prioritized over profit. Liberal Bezos isn't that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Sounds like this is a step toward eliminating the shelf stocker and having automation stock the shelves.
    Forcing the old well paid staffers out so they can replace them with people making more market-competitive salaries. The starting pay at WF was $18 - $25 an hour with an amazing benefits package. My husband fought and lost the battle to restructure some departments under him down because there was no way an $11k per week department justified 4 employees when the same 11K could be obtained with a single part-timer. No automation required.

Again, liberals there tried to force Mackey out. Now there's a prog running it. Boofuckinghoo.

Someone should tell the roofers that they don't have it as hard as it could be.

Automated ordering systems and computerized inventory? Almost sounds like their jobs are getting easier, not harder.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post

He also says their managers are probably freaking. Under the previous Libertarian ownership (which the left sobbed about) employee happiness was always prioritized over profit. Liberal Bezos isn't that guy.
    Gauged, spiked, tattooed, electric blue haired idiot progs, Bolsheviks and leftists clamor in the streets for Soviet era working conditions, then cry when they get them.

Sounds about right.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Forcing the old well paid staffers out so they can replace them with people making more market-competitive salaries. The starting pay at WF was $18 - $25 an hour with an amazing benefits package. My husband fought and lost the battle to restructure some departments under him down because there was no way an $11k per week department justified 4 employees when the same 11K could be obtained with a single part-timer. No automation required.

Again, liberals there tried to force Mackey out. Now there's a prog running it. Boofuckinghoo.
    Goodbye to more well paying jobs with benefits.

Amazon Patents Ultrasonic Tracking Wristbands To Control Workers

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-02-03/amazon-patents-ultrasonic-tracking-wristbands-control-workers
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

"Every item in our department has a designated spot that is labeled or marked," another employee told the publication. "If that item is even an inch outside of its designated spot … we receive negative marks."
    If that bothers them, I hope they never get into any kind of fabrication or construction-where inaccuracy of even an inch literally kills people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    If that bothers them, I hope they never get into any kind of fabrication or construction-where inaccuracy of even an inch literally kills people.
    In retail, inches are dollars. Whole Foods is joining the other grocery stores in becoming more corporate- using "slotting fees" where companies pay to have access to the shelf space in the store. Moving something a facing over on a shelf may be taking space another company has paid for. Slotting fees can be a big source of income for a store- sometimes exceeding the profits from selling the merchandise in that section. That is why they are cracking down on things in the right places. The fees can squeeze out small or local suppliers Whole Foods has promoted as having since they are less able to afford to pay them. 80- 90% of new products fail- and this won't help them.

https://newfoodeconomy.org/whole-foo...r-demo-system/
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 02-03-2018 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Amazon Patents Ultrasonic Tracking Wristbands To Control Workers

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...ontrol-workers

Not surprised the libertarian boss was pretty cool, and the new leftist boss is running it like a concentration camp...
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Not surprised the libertarian boss was pretty cool, and the new leftist boss is running it like a concentration camp...
    Exactly.

Plus Bezos CIA ties.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I took a tumble halfway down a stairway about an hour ago on muh stilts. I cried, I wailed, I sobbed. Now I'm literally shaking, I can relate.
    "The Patriarch"

Probably not a stock I would hold .

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    The fees can squeeze out small or local suppliers Whole Foods has promoted as having since they are less able to afford to pay them. 80- 90% of new products fail- and this won't help them.

You've worked in a grocery store for 25 years, so what can you say about this:

According to an email obtained by the Post, grocery vendors that sell more than $300,000 annually to the chain will need to discount their products by three percent to pay for the program.
    http://www.retailwire.com/discussion...o-pay-to-play/

Do you have suppliers that small in your store? And what do you think of Whole Foods prices overall? I always thought they were incredibly high. Even their price drops are not impressive. Their bananas dropped from .79lb to .49lb, but I've been paying .50lb at Food Lion for years. Their avocados dropped from 2.49 to 1.49, but I have to wonder about the size. I find 8 oz avocados at Aldi for .95.

http://www.businessinsider.com/whole...-amazon-2017-8
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Bezos is an idiot. Whole Foods was always about the fake smiles. Take that away and why would anybody be shopping there?

Goodbye to more well paying jobs with benefits.
    Again, the Libertarians ran your dream store. Food priced three times higher than the competition, but lots of hugs and feel goods. Now the liberals are taking over. Suck it up, buttercup.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    That's true liberalism. It is all about controlling other people in order to force them to work toward your personal definition of the common good.

In retail, inches are dollars. Whole Foods is joining the other grocery stores in becoming more corporate- using "slotting fees" where companies pay to have access to the shelf space in the store. Moving something a facing over on a shelf may be taking space another company has paid for. Slotting fees can be a big source of income for a store- sometimes exceeding the profits from selling the merchandise in that section. That is why they are cracking down on things in the right places. The fees can squeeze out small or local suppliers Whole Foods has promoted as having since they are less able to afford to pay them. 80- 90% of new products fail- and this won't help them.

https://newfoodeconomy.org/whole-foo...r-demo-system/

That evil empire Walmart doesn't charge slotting fees. You liberals and your hypocrisy annoy the crap out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Bezos is an idiot. Whole Foods was always about the fake smiles. Take that away and why would anybody be shopping there?
    Hippie food. They also have restaurants in the stores. I don't care for it and think it's way overpriced, but I know people who love it. ~shrugs~ value is subjective.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

That evil empire Walmart doesn't charge slotting fees. You liberals and your hypocrisy annoy the crap out of me.
    I am not an expert but I play one on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Hippie food. They also have restaurants in the stores. I don't care for it and think it's way overpriced, but I know people who love it. ~shrugs~ value is subjective.
    Putting a minimum wage staff will change the character of the store.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I took a tumble halfway down a stairway about an hour ago on muh stilts. I cried, I wailed, I sobbed. Now I'm literally shaking, I can relate.
    Poor grandpapa orig. ~hugs~

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Putting a minimum wage staff will change the character of the store.
    Touche.

They started charging them in 2015.

No threat to Aldi .

Really?

http://www.bslg.com/breaking-news-wa...slotting-fees/

BREAKING NEWS: Walmart Adds Slotting Fees

by Broad Street | Published 06/25/2015

One of the chief barriers to new grocery & food products are the “slotting fees” charged by traditional food retailers like Kroger, Stop & Shop, Albertson’s, etc.

Basically, slotting fees are bribes– oops, fees– food manufacturers must pay to the store chain in order to get their products on shelves. Estimates for slotting fees run as high as $1MM per chain per product. Naturally these fees have kept smaller manufacturers out of the traditional grocery channel. In the past, mass retailers like Walmart and “club stores” like Sam’s Club, Costco and BJ’s did not charge slotting fees. This meant that most new products were introduced through Walmart or the clubs.

All that is now changing, at least with the Bentonville Behemoth.

New fees ranging from 1% on the value of goods held in inventory up to 10% for food suppliers on the value of goods shipped to new stores are being assessed to 10,000 of the chain’s 11,000 vendors. Beer and other adult beverages, as well as produce have so far been excluded. The justification is that Walmart needs to ensure “pricing consistency across stores.” But the real reason seems to be a downturn in sales and a squeeze on its bottom line as other retailers at the lower end of the pricing spectrum eat into the companies profits.

Yes, I pointed out above that they started charging them in 2015. Angela's information was just out of date a bit; but to be fair to her, Walmart did not charge them for the first 45 years of their existence and during their growth to a behemoth, they did not charge slotting fees and it separated them from most other retailers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast