Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official] Nunes memo released

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    On some issues there are quantifiable and readily identified differences.

Some of those issues are ones I care a great deal about: guns, environmental regulations, homeschooling, to name three off the top of my head.

I'll give credit and support where due and justified.

Scorn and derision where justified as well.

So, based on that, I find myself generally in agreement with a "generic" Republican much more often than a "generic" Democrat.

YMMV
    Don't get me wrong, when I say the 2 teams in Washington are on the same side, I don't mean to say they are identical or they have no differences. So yes there are differences between the 2 and the average American can easily identify and appreciate the policies of one side. I also think the real powers that be have given these presidents a little leeway to strike out on some issues that are of little consequence. Think Obama not attacking Assad directly when the deep state were calling for it or Trump canceling my Obamacare penalty etc etc. And believe me, I recognize those instances when they do good.

My problem is not that they sometimes do go but it lies in the fact (yes fact) that they both work for the same people and to that I will not give any credit when they decide to show me some mercy. I see then for the totality of the harm they inflict on me and society and if that is negative, I say fu^k em. Its like a prostitute giving credit to her pimp because he did not beat her than one day and instead wined and dinned her while keeping her captive.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Guns.

I'm old enough to remember when there was serious talk and legislation being considered that would have totally banned all handguns at the federal level.

Sales, possession and use...banned, outright.

Now there are a dozen states with "constitutional carry", almost every state has some form of handgun carry permit system, SCOTUS has ruled that Second Amendment does mean individual citizens have a right to KABA, local total bans have been struck down, and violent crime is at record low levels.

Brother, I feel your frustration and anger at the current situation as much as anybody and I share it as well.

All I'm saying is that there can still be progress made on the political front, and Republicans, for all their backstabbing, stupidity, fecklessness and faults, are where "our" allies naturally are.

There is a reason Ron was a Republican for almost his entire political career.

The Democrat party, and their fellow travelers, have truly turned themselves over to a form of Red Soviet Bolshevism that is, frankly, alarming. Rand for example, has been the victim of not one, but two assassination attempts so far.

I'm far from a "rah rah" straw hat wearing "party faithful" type of guy, but credit where it is due, allies in a dangerous a lonely battlefield and at least some form of common goal is all I am looking for at this point.
    AF you are too rational. Its all or nothing don't you know?

Rational is good. Logic is good.
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

Sessions: Rosenstein is leadership we want

Attorney General Jeff Sessions said that Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein represents the "kind of quality and leadership that we want in the department."

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2...ership-sot.cnn
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Nunes: FISA Memo Just "Phase One," Now Targeting State Department In "Phase Two"

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-02-03/nunes-fisa-memo-just-phase-one-now-targeting-state-department-phase-two

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Attorney General Jeff Sessions said that Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein represents the "kind of quality and leadership that we want in the department."

Is Sessions a dummy?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Is Sessions a dummy?
    He bears a striking resemblance to Dopey and his actions on everything but illegals have been dopey. (not to mention his obsession with "dope")

Henceforth he shall be known as Dopey Sessions.

Last edited by Swordsmyth; 02-03-2018 at 02:37 PM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Trump canceling my Obamacare penalty
    How does that work? I keep hearing this claim but I started my taxes on Turbotax last night and it shows I still have over a grand worth of Obamacare penalty. In total I'm paying the deep state more this year on less income if my first runthrough is correct.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    How does that work? I keep hearing this claim but I started my taxes on Turbotax last night and it shows I still have over a grand worth of Obamacare penalty. In total I'm paying the deep state more this year on less income if my first runthrough is correct.
    The penalty doesn't end till next year.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The penalty doesn't end till next year.
    Thanks.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Nunes open to releasing transcript of Andrew McCabe testimony about FISA application

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/devin-nunes-open-to-releasing-transcript-of-andrew-mccabe-testimony-about-fisa-application/article/2648001

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Don't get me wrong, when I say the 2 teams in Washington are on the same side, I don't mean to say they are identical or they have no differences. So yes there are differences between the 2 and the average American can easily identify and appreciate the policies of one side. I also think the real powers that be have given these presidents a little leeway to strike out on some issues that are of little consequence. Think Obama not attacking Assad directly when the deep state were calling for it or Trump canceling my Obamacare penalty etc etc. And believe me, I recognize those instances when they do good.

My problem is not that they sometimes do go but it lies in the fact (yes fact) that they both work for the same people and to that I will not give any credit when they decide to show me some mercy. I see then for the totality of the harm they inflict on me and society and if that is negative, I say fu^k em. Its like a prostitute giving credit to her pimp because he did not beat her than one day and instead wined and dinned her while keeping her captive.
    Rand Paul spent a lot of political capital campaigning against bombing Syria making it unpopular. I know Rand doesn't get credit for stuff outside of here, but he should get credit here at least. Its like when people argue that Trumps tax bill was good, yeah because Rand Paul made it that decent. It still sucks, Rand's tax plan would of been way better. Rand would of cut the real tax.

Jan2017

CNN needed to mention but cleverly omits that statement by Sessions was before the memorandum naming Rosenstein as one of the gang of five that signed off on the FISA application/renewals -
    Comey three times, McCabe, Yates, Boente, and co-conspirator no. 5 Rosenstein, probably twice.

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    Thanks.
    It will not be enforced though POTUS said.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    The Benghazi investigations lasted four years. There were more than a half dozen separate inquiries, which cost millions of dollars. They resulted in precisely nothing.
    Welcome to DC. This is exceedingly normal.
    Nice to see the count admit the "Russiagate" has precisely nothing.

The Benghazi investigation is not a quite parallel, however. Benghazi was an event that actually took place. It was also far less serious matter than a government insiders manufacturing evidence, well-timed leaks and accusations, to upstage a US election and its results. In Benghazi there was no FBI involved collusion or manufacture of fake evidence. There was no special counsel appointed.
    Contrary to Count, the investigation did not last "four years."
    The FBI investigation was/is focused on the Wahhabi actors, not US political leadership. There was no criminal investigation of the political leadership.
    The House Committees completed its investigation in 1.5 years.
    The State Department Accountability Review Board in just over two months.
    Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs in just over two months.
    Senate Select Committee on Intelligence in under two years
    The House Select Committee in a year and half.
    All in all the entire timeline was less than three years. Subsequent revelations came from other investigations such as the email server scandal.
    While the final Banghazi reports were considered a whitewash by survivors and family members, the unclassified versions did nevertheless conclude exceptionally poor judgment, "systemic failures of leadership and management" at the State Department; grossly inadequate decision making; that the attacks were pre-planned; that there were no protests in the area; that the attack did not precipitate from protests and State Department gave false information about protests; that the State Department systematically withdrew security despite full knowledge of and assessments of high risk of significant attacks; The Administration willfully perpetuated a deliberately misleading and incomplete narrative that the attacks evolved from a political demonstration caused by a YouTube video; the Administration altered the talking points to remove references to the likely participation of Islamic extremists in the attacks. The Administration also removed references to the threat of extremists linked to al-Qa'ida in Benghazi and eastern Libya - and that's just the conclusions that were considered a whitewash. The bigger whitewash however is that the "consulate"'s rear purpose was likely for the cover and smuggling of arms to terrorists proxy groups.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post

The Benghazi investigation is not a quite parallel, however. Benghazi was an event that actually took place. It was also far less serious matter than a government insiders manufacturing evidence, well-timed leaks and accusations, to upstage a US election and its results. In Benghazi there was no FBI involved collusion or manufacture of fake evidence. There was no special counsel appointed.
    The FBI investigation was/is focused on the Wahhabi actors, not US political leadership. There was no criminal investigation of the political leadership.
    Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs in just over two months.
    All in all the entire timeline was less than three years. Subsequent revelations came from other investigations such as the email server scandal.
    While the final Banghazi reports were considered a whitewash by survivors and family members, the unclassified versions did nevertheless conclude exceptionally poor judgment, "systemic failures of leadership and management" at the State Department; grossly inadequate decision making; that the attacks were pre-planned; that there were no protests in the area; that the attack did not precipitate from protests and State Department gave false information about protests; that the State Department systematically withdrew security despite full knowledge of and assessments of high risk of significant attacks; The Administration willfully perpetuated a deliberately misleading and incomplete narrative that the attacks evolved from a political demonstration caused by a YouTube video; the Administration altered the talking points to remove references to the likely participation of Islamic extremists in the attacks. The Administration also removed references to the threat of extremists linked to al-Qa'ida in Benghazi and eastern Libya - and that's just the conclusions that were considered a whitewash. The bigger whitewash however is that the "consulate"'s rear purpose was likely for the cover and smuggling of arms to terrorists proxy groups.

“You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to AZJoe again.”

OK Bryan.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Is Sessions a dummy?
    Is this getting some legs in the twitter universe ?

#Unrecuse
    https://twitter.com/hashtag/Unrecuse?src=hash&lang=en

Now is the time for Sessions to un-recuse himself and fire Rosenstein (and or Mueller)

from #FireRosenstein
    Jeff Sessions
    We're about to see if you have a pair between your legs. It's time to FIRE Rod Rosenstein..
    Set the Bar, and show America you aren't a Sheep to the Machine.
    Last edited by Jan2017; 02-03-2018 at 06:18 PM.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    Is this getting some legs in the twitter universe ?

#Unrecuse
    https://twitter.com/hashtag/Unrecuse?src=hash&lang=en

Now is the time for Sessions to un-recuse himself and fire Rosenstein (and or Mueller)

from #FireRosenstein
    Jeff Sessions
    We're about to see if you have a pair between your legs. It's time to FIRE Rod Rosenstein..
    Set the Bar, and show America you aren't a Sheep to the Machine.
    Yeah Jeff, WTF? Are you a chicken?

+rep

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    This is only the tip of the iceberg...stay tuned.
    Aren't there 13K sealed indictments - about something we dont know yet. The MSM doesn't seem at all willing to discuss matters that might involve Democrats going to jail.

Releasing this memo is almost like releasing the tv commercial about the investigation that's taking place. The media cannot completely ignore the memo and have to at least mention it to people who have no idea that this has been going on. We know that there have been investigations, it looks like people like Hillary and McCain have been walking around with tracking devices on their ankles. McCain moved his boot from one leg to another. But the media doesn't mention it when it looks like Hillary and McCain have evidence of already being arrested.

Things are happening, the msm is just not covering those things.

"Not the least bit worried" fails to explain all of the actions he, the administration, and the party have taken. People who were "not the least bit worried" would not act in such a way.

For what crime?

The people from the FBI and the DOJ will be going to jail for perjury and obstruction of justice. Treason and sedition appear less like slam dunks based on what we know so far.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    'Pappy, I think we can keep him tangled for a few years with our operatives. The excessive hair dye may have affected his cognitive abilities'

Day of the rope for both Bushs too.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Named as responsible: Comey, McCabe, Yates, Boente, Rosenstein.

These FISA and FISC applications were based upon the Steele Dossier. Steele was working with Bruce Ohr and his wife. Ohr worked for Yates and later Rosenstein. Steele was leaking to the media, and was an extreme #Nevertrump partisan.
    So, FBI Director James Comey and Deputy AG Sally Yates - appointed by Obama - signed off for the initial
    October 21 2016 FISA warrant "insurance policy" - when the DNC/Clinton-planted dossier was in it's "infancy"

Yates may have been the double DOJ signer as the first extension reportedly occurred after the inauguration of the 45th President, and most probably before Yates was fired by Trump on January 30.

Note, that
    " a judge would have either been deceived by the application or simply approved it blindly."

"big difference between a first application and a renewal is that the intent of the surveillance
    can’t be hypothetical anymore."

On a first application, the Department of Justice lawyer needs to demonstrate that the agency is likely to find information tied to the suspected crime through the surveillance.
    On a renewal, the lawyer has to show that it got information corroborating the original warrant and that further access would lead to further evidence.

Before the original 90 days has expired, (on January 21, 2017 or so) a renewal application is submitted to a judge, though often not the same judge who heard the original request, given the rotation on the surveillance court. If approved, the FBI would get another 90 days.
    According to reports on the warrant tied to the Page surveillance, the warrant was extended after President Donald Trump took office.
    above quotes from:
    REPUBLICAN ‘RELEASE THE MEMO’ CONSPIRACY IGNORES HOW DIFFICULT IT IS TO GET A FISA WARRANT
    http://www.newsweek.com/how-get-fisa-warrant-797323

Yates with Comey are the key seditious conspirators, if Trump was already elected and in office for the first renewal,
    when they knew who was ultimately behind the generation of the dossier certainly, imho
    Last edited by Jan2017; 02-03-2018 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by parocks View Post
    Aren't there 13K sealed indictments - about something we dont know yet. The MSM doesn't seem at all willing to discuss matters that might involve Democrats going to jail.

Releasing this memo is almost like releasing the tv commercial about the investigation that's taking place. The media cannot completely ignore the memo and have to at least mention it to people who have no idea that this has been going on. We know that there have been investigations, it looks like people like Hillary and McCain have been walking around with tracking devices on their ankles. McCain moved his boot from one leg to another. But the media doesn't mention it when it looks like Hillary and McCain have evidence of already being arrested.

Things are happening, the msm is just not covering those things.
    Exactly. The memo was just the small snowball which has now started rolling down the hill. It will get much larger in the weeks and months ahead and there is not much the bad guys can do to stop it. Everything to this point has been played masterfully by Trump and his military and intelligence advisors. The cases are being built methodically so that when Sessions begins dropping the hammer, there will be no escaping justice.

History will remember these days as the days when America truly drained the swamp and seditious acts and manipulative media outlets were put in their place.
    Last edited by TER; 02-03-2018 at 08:39 PM.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Yates with Comey are the key seditious conspirators, if Trump was already elected and in office for the first renewal, when they knew who was ultimately behind the generation of the dossier certainly, imho
    I don't believe that whether Trump was inaugurated yet is relevant to the question, 'Is this sedition?' This is a republic. The people are ultimately in charge. Therefore, any attempt to interfere with an election is sedition.

And I think this point should be pushed--all the way to the Supreme Court if necessary--until it becomes an acknowledged, precedent-established part of the canon.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's certainly possible.

The Benghazi investigation is not a quite parallel, however. Benghazi was an event that actually took place.
    So did contacts between the Trump campaign and Russian proxies and officers. I think at this point no one is denying that.

It was as also far less serious matter than a government insiders manufacturing evidence, well-timed leaks and accusations, to upstage a US election and its results.
    The first one is true, but the investigation was certainly used, including well-timed hearings and leaks, for the purpose of affecting an election. You don't really believe that it's just coincidence that it all ended one month after the election, do you?

While the final Banghazi reports were considered a whitewash by survivors and family members, the unclassified versions did nevertheless conclude exceptionally poor judgment, "systemic failures of leadership and management" at the State Department; grossly inadequate decision making; that the attacks were pre-planned; that there were no protests in the area; that the attack did not precipitate from protests and State Department gave false information about protests; that the State Department systematically withdrew security despite full knowledge of and assessments of high risk of significant attacks; The Administration willfully perpetuated a deliberately misleading and incomplete narrative that the attacks evolved from a political demonstration caused by a YouTube video; the Administration altered the talking points to remove references to the likely participation of Islamic extremists in the attacks.
    How many people were arrested? Jailed? Pled guilty to something and got probation? Fired? Disciplined? Given a stern talking-to? We're the subject of a strongly worded letter?

Congressional reports are political tools written by politicians. Your list of failures on the part of the state department was no doubt carefully considered by staffers, who spent hours deciding what would make the best sound bite. They mean nothing, generally.

If the Democrats take the house or senate in 2018, will you quote their reports so reverently? Will you wait with bated breath for the release of their memos?
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

So did contacts between the Trump campaign and Russian proxies and officers. I think at this point no one is denying that.
    They (Trump et al) caught wind of them being set up early on. It was indeed a set up, and this is coming out and will be made crystal clear in the weeks ahead. The bad guys got beat in their own scheme.

It’s unbelievable that the D talking point is still that there was Russian collusion. This is called cognitive dissonance.

If the Democrats take the house or senate in 2018, ....
    I really see that as being close to impossible. The dnc is bankrupt. They have no leader. They are divided. They have no direction. They have pitted themselves against the working man, and whites and Christians in particular, and they are about to undergo the greatest political scandal of this nation’s history. They have no path to victory as long as Trump pushes the America first policy and the economy continues to roar. It is going to be a landslide Republican victory and hopefully good consertives take the place of the corrupt rinos and dems which are not seeking relection as well as the other seats which will be swept up by the GOP.
    Last edited by TER; 02-03-2018 at 09:14 PM.
    +

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I don't believe that whether Trump was inaugurated yet is relevant to the question, 'Is this sedition?'
    Oh, I agree. Comey with his Chief of Staff Rybicki - the very guy changing the name of "the President" (Obama) to "senior white house official",
    along with Strozk and Page organizing an insurance policy with help of the Ohr family household, after Rosenstein and McCabe in 2015 kill the Uranium One investigation with a plea agreement were all seditious acts to get a former First Lady to break the glass ceiling and grant them all their pensions.

The Nunes memorandum states they found Comey with three FISA affidavits before the Court, and McCabe one - on behalf of the FBI.
    The memo is coy about the DOJ side of the FISA renewals . . .
    Yates on the first initial application before the election as the insurance policy funded by the DNC/Hillary Clinton campaign,
    and Boente and Rosenstein on behalf of the DOJ "with one of them twice"

The correct timeline if the law was followed would be one of course before the election - the insurance policy -
    and then the sketchy first renewal which should have been "before 90 days after the application date in October 2016" whatever date that turned out to be - conveniently the 21st ?

I can fathom that the first 90 days had already expired and the speculative Yates No. 2 with Comey No. 2 had already been past 90 days and IS the renewal that both knew full well of the origins and invalidity yet still presented to the FISA Court judge -
    add in sound effects of the cry/whine from Schiff that the Oct 2016 application was just in it's "infancy".

Seditious actions using force from Hillary Rodham Clinton go back to the 1993 bullying of WH counsel Vince Foster into "suicide",
    along with a still cold case murder - unsolved - involving a witness against the Clinton crime syndicate - which were about a month apart in April 1993.

#Unrecuse
    and get on with it all now Jeff Sessions!

#Unrecuse
    and get on with it all now Jeff Sessions!
    All in good time...
    +

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast