Thread: Portable dry weed vaporizor

Portable dry weed vaporizor

Anyone have one? Pros/cons

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Get a hash pen if you can.. cartridges... super easy

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Wow, as my roommate would say.. that is stoner priced!! It will probably work pretty well for what you want tho..

I don't like dry herb vaporizers that don't filter through water, they make me cough.. I prefer a bong or a bubbler and torching it if I am smoking dry herb, even a regular pipe I don't get the little bits of dried plant/ash I think end up in my lungs or something that I get from vaporizers.. even the volcano.

The cleanest way to ingest herb into the lungs is vaporizing shatter/wax/hash oils that remove the plant material (without removing the flavor). Those cartridges are pretty cheap, they last a long time and are really easy to carry around and exchange out if you can get to a place where it's legal.

Of course if you want a really nice/smooth hit it's all about the live resin shatter and a dab rig.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I just want something that works that does not waste product.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Get a three story herb grinder.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Get a three story herb grinder.

Maybe.
    Was thinking of just getting out a pair of scissors.

Maybe.
    Was thinking of just getting out a pair of scissors.
    The grinder will give you a more uniform grind, and that screen will filter it out and give you some nice kief to vape on the bottom floor.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    can I use a coffee grinder?

can I use a coffee grinder?
    Whether you use scissors or a coffee grinder, they are gonna get hash on them.. another good reason to use a grinder (they are cheap, u can probably get one for $10 or less)

Is the vaporizer decent?

Oh and btw, I am in California, I just bought an oz of some pretty good outdoor herb for $75...I remember when it was $250 or more.. there are no recreational stores around here yet, that was from a medical dispensary. I don't think the recreational stores are going to be able to pull off those prices with all the taxes.

Is the vaporizer decent?
    I can't tell, it is pricey tho so I'm guessing it works pretty well.

I like to make my weed last. Years ago I cut the bottom off of clear bottles and vaporized weed on the stove.

would you agree that vaporizing is the way to go?

Apparently I am now so old I have no idea how to smoke pot any more

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    The cool part about being old is I could just put a pinch in a one hitter and hit it twice and be high for hours if I wanted to .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    The cool part about being old is I could just put a pinch in a one hitter and hit it twice and be high for hours if I wanted to .
    This is so true. I’ve used the pen and all I can say is it is intense for an old guy, lol. On a rare occasion give me a one hitter for a mild buzz and I’m happy.
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

Schiff, the pen is a good idea, if you have access to wax or liquid concentrated. I've been through numerous hand-held portable vapes over the years and my current favorite is the Vivant Alternate. The best part about this vape, is the replaceable (and cheap) 18650n batteries for it. A good grinder with kief catcher is also a smart idea. Also, the ABV (already been vaporized) herbs that come out of the vaporizer make pretty good edibles as there's still some thc left in there.

https://www.vivant.com/products/alternate/

The old ways still work fine.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    The old ways still work fine.
    For sure. There are times when a portable vaporizer, just won't cut it.

Skiing - Unless it's really warm, you'll burn through batteries faster than you can get high. If it's above freezing, it's nice to rip some hits on the lift without having to take your gloves off.
    Hiking/Biking - J's are just to easy to carry, and weigh nothing.

These work great,, from cheap production,, to artistic craftsmanship.. and all prices.

I have a cheap $12.00 one that serves me well.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

These work great,, from cheap production,, to artistic craftsmanship.. and all prices.

Ya those were my favorite back in the day when it was illegal.

I was driving on the I-5 in LA one time at night and lit one of those up in the fast lane, turned to my right, and a cop drove by and looked RIGHT at me just as the flame hit the herb and it started to cherry up.. and he kept going.. It was so awesome.

I have a pipe that looks like that. The stash box is a shotgun shell. And the bowl rotates so you can fill it. It holds a lighter too. Cricket changed the style of their lighters in the '80's so I had to buy a refillable that fits in the hole.

At least I think I still have it. Haven't seen it for years.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I was choosing from these ones https://vapingdaily.com/vaporizers/. Read so many information that couldn't choose and understand what would be better for me. I stopped on the Firefly 2 Vaporizer.
    I'm satisfied with this one. What can I say about it is that the battery is really strong. Enough for the whole day for me. Maybe someone has this one too. Would be happy to hear other views on it.

I haven't gotten used to the vaporizers. Still burning it.
    I have One-Hits,, both pocket and Bong.. A bowl to share on occasion.

Couple years in legal states,,, and I use about a gram a day ,, and it keeps the shadows away. melts pains into the background.

Some folks don't like the smoke,, or the idea of smoke,, and there are choices. likely benefits in each method.

Heck,, the plant is even good for you in the raw,, uncooked and unheated.. (without activating the THC),,Resolves several bowel conditions.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Dugout and One Hitter.. in the Pocket
    Stonie Bear on the Table.

old,and not "hip"

Quite Efficient
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

I think the best thing is extract. Make some green dragon then add olive oil and evaporate all the alcohol off. Absolutely no burn or smell. Tastes like olive oil. Can portion out via measured dose.