Thread: Elon Musk says he has sold out of flamethrowers

Elon Musk says he has sold out of flamethrowers

http://money.cnn.com/2018/02/01/tech...out/index.html

yes, flamethrowers.

Well, that was fast. Elon Musk claims to have sold out of flamethrowers in just four days.
    The Tesla (TSLA) founder said on Twitter that he would stop taking orders for the $500 devices after selling 20,000. The goal was to raise $10 million for his tunneling business, The Boring Company.

The Boring Company, founded in 2016, has plans to create a network of underground tunnels to ease traffic congestion.

Musk, who is known for provocative antics, first mentioned plans to sell a flamethrower in December, and repeatedly plugged the idea on social media.

The Boring Company insisted the flamethrower is safe.

"Much like a roller coaster, this is designed to be thrilling without danger," a company spokesman said in a statement.

Musk had advertised the flamethrowers as "guaranteed to liven up any party," drawing a huge reaction online.

"When the zombie apocalypse happens, you'll be glad you bought a flamethrower," he tweeted on Sunday. "Works against hordes of the undead or your money back!"

The flamethrowers will start shipping in the spring, according to The Boring Company's website. Musk said in a tweet that each flamethrower would be dispatched with a complimentary fire extinguisher.

The Boring Company previously sold 50,000 hats for $20 apiece in 2017. The business is privately funded.

Related: Tesla won't pay Elon Musk unless...

Not everyone is amused. Miguel Santiago, who serves in the California State Assembly, said he would file legislation to block the stunt.

"We've now seen some of the worst wildfires in California's history, so handing out flame torchers for $500 is a really bad idea and bad public policy," he said.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How long will one tank last? A few minutes?

You can make your own...

FJB

This is how we do it in Florida:

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Zippy doesn't use search function before posting - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...our-Money-Back

What could be more "fun" than a bunch of idiot teenagers playing with fire in Southern California?

Musk ought to know better, his 5 Bel-Air mansions are very close to one of the fires last year.

Too bad he can't seem find the time to fix the problems with his overpriced cars, yet he has all the time in the world to plan tunnels under LA and fool around with roofing torches in his office.

Tesla.com Forum: How am I supposed to feel? Someone please help me (us). I purchased 2017 Model S 90D fully loaded in late aug 2017. i have been back and forth to the service center 8 times for mechanical & cosmetic issues in the first 2 months and every 3 weeks something is popping up.... https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forum...ase-help-me-us

This Musk creep is a buffoon and a detriment to society. You don't see the CEO of GM selling a $50 dollar roofing torch for $500, or hawking $20 baseball caps.

His "autopilot" - which he has charged his customers for and not delivered as promised - is a danger to everyone on the roads

“Stop Please, It’s Not Stopping, It’s Not Stopping”. Watch this full minute video to the end, writes Bryan Ehrlich, a Model S owner in Tesla Model S Owners Club on Facebook https://www.torquenews.com/1/tesla-a...s-not-stopping

At least some people are catching on to this liar and fraud:

Steve Wozniak: "I dont believe anything Elon Musk says anymore"

Steve Wozniak's legacy as a tech pioneer may forever be cemented, but Elon Musk still has a long way to go.

That much could be concluded from Wozniak's talk at the Nordic Business Forum in Stockholm recently, which the Apple cofounder dedicated in part to his newfound love for Tesla bashing, accusing the electric carmaker of “overhype” and "cheap shots" while shoveling praise over its competitors.

Wozniak – passionate about electric cars – was an early Tesla fan and currently owns two Model S. But his relationship with the carmaker and its CEO has been fraught from the start...snip

...Another nugget from Wozniak's impassioned “rant” was the story of his first Tesla order: Wozniak and his wife had waited for six months to get on top of the waiting list for a Tesla in 2004, but opted out and got a Mercedes instead.

“When I got on top of the list" Wozniak said, "I received an email from Elon Musk that said 'you’re not a real Silicon Valley boy'.” full: https://nordic.businessinsider.com/i...gainst-tesla--

Quote Originally Posted by Peace Piper View Post
    What could be more "fun" than a bunch of idiot teenagers playing with fire in Southern California?

Musk ought to know better, his 5 Bel-Air mansions are very close to one of the fires last year.

Too bad he can't seem find the time to fix the problems with his overpriced cars, yet he has all the time in the world to plan tunnels under LA and fool around with roofing torches in his office.
    Tesla.com Forum: How am I supposed to feel? Someone please help me (us). I purchased 2017 Model S 90D fully loaded in late aug 2017. i have been back and forth to the service center 8 times for mechanical & cosmetic issues in the first 2 months and every 3 weeks something is popping up.... https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forum...ase-help-me-us

This Musk creep is a buffoon and a detriment to society. You don't see the CEO of GM selling a $50 dollar roofing torch for $500, or hawking $20 baseball caps.

His "autopilot" - which he has charged his customers for and not delivered as promised - is a danger to everyone on the roads
    “Stop Please, It’s Not Stopping, It’s Not Stopping”. Watch this full minute video to the end, writes Bryan Ehrlich, a Model S owner in Tesla Model S Owners Club on Facebook https://www.torquenews.com/1/tesla-a...s-not-stopping

At least some people are catching on to this liar and fraud:

Steve Wozniak: "I dont believe anything Elon Musk says anymore"
    Steve Wozniak's legacy as a tech pioneer may forever be cemented, but Elon Musk still has a long way to go.

That much could be concluded from Wozniak's talk at the Nordic Business Forum in Stockholm recently, which the Apple cofounder dedicated in part to his newfound love for Tesla bashing, accusing the electric carmaker of “overhype” and "cheap shots" while shoveling praise over its competitors.

Wozniak – passionate about electric cars – was an early Tesla fan and currently owns two Model S. But his relationship with the carmaker and its CEO has been fraught from the start...snip

...Another nugget from Wozniak's impassioned “rant” was the story of his first Tesla order: Wozniak and his wife had waited for six months to get on top of the waiting list for a Tesla in 2004, but opted out and got a Mercedes instead.

“When I got on top of the list" Wozniak said, "I received an email from Elon Musk that said 'you’re not a real Silicon Valley boy'.” full: https://nordic.businessinsider.com/i...gainst-tesla--

MuskRat is just a frontman for the deepstate, they probably want more fires to blame on "global warming".
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Are you really against someone selling hats?
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    He is free to con as many people out of their money as are stupid enough to let him.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    That can't be the only thing you got out of that post, can it? Ever seen GM's Mary Barra flog baseball caps? No, you haven't because she's a serious CEO that is trying to run a serious company. GM built almost 10 MILLION vehicles last year. Tesla will be lucky to crank out 100,000 problem-prone battery cars this year, and if you buy one and don't live near a service center you're going to regret it.

I'm against con-men that suck up government money, lie to shareholders and the public, crank out sub-par cars and convince hordes of dumb teenagers to run around with overpriced roofing torches to play with fire. Hope that helps.

State Fire Marshal Reminds Marylanders That Flamethrowers Are Illegal Following Elon Musk Sale

BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The Maryland state fire marshal is warning residents about the dangers and penalties of using flamethrowers in the state after Elon Musk’s Boring Company recently released the item for sale...

...Geraci wrote in a statement that possessing and using flamethrowers in the state is illegal, and carries a penalty of up to 25 years, a fine up to $250,000 or both.... more: http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2018/0...rower-warning/

Elon Musk plans Boring Co. flamethrower rebranding to avoid customs scrutiny

...Already, a California state assemblyman has sought legislation to ban the sale of the Boring Company’s flamethrower, citing safety concerns in the state and in the part of Los Angeles County he represents. “We don’t allow people to walk in off the street and purchase military-grade tanks or armor-piercing ammunition,” Assemblyman Miguel Santiago said Tuesday in a statement. “I cannot even begin to image the problems a flamethrower would cause firefighters and police officers alike.”...

Elon Musk ✔ @elonmusk
    Apparently, some customs agencies are saying they won’t allow shipment of anything called a “Flamethrower”. To solve this, we are renaming it “Not a Flamethrower”.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/959555569953660928

https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/2/16...stoms-scrutiny

What could possibly go wrong with selling a bunch of flamethrowers to children?

Are there any adults left in the country at all that haven't been hypnotized by this creep?