Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert 1/31/18

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I often ask the same question. Rand likes to go on MSNBC too. It seems like the more he reaches out to the left, the more they despise him. They might be somewhat polite when they talk to him, but they rip him apart later.

It's almost amazing the hatred he gets from the left. They will blame anything and everything on him, even things he explicitly opposes. They hate honesty. They hate anyone who might oppose their big government, mommy-state. Telling them that you are OK with them smoking pot does not win any points, except maybe with beltway and left libertarians, who also turn on you every chance they get.

Principled opposition to violation of civil rights might gain him some small amount of respect, but then they will also despise him at the same time for being principled, as so much of their agenda depends upon being unprincipled and deceptive.
    must spread some rep . . .

exactly this

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Stay Human is such a misnomer for a band on a brainwashing show.

going pretty well. talked about weed for a while, and voting rights for felons. coming back after commercial.

He may have come out for weed legalization, not sure. I'll have to review the tape again.

Last edited by tommyrp12; 01-31-2018 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    He may have come out for weed legalization, not sure. I'll have to review the tape again.
    Tape?!

Colbert is a sleaze.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Could not resist after seeing the video here and thought it went surprisingly well despite Colbert is a dbag. The very end was a bit retarded discussion on the memo, muh Russia lock me up with too much canned cheering and cuts off there.

Rand said he is in favor of letting the states make the decision for pot and says the fed should stay out of it.

He wants to normalize DACA children, of course the audience only cheers DACA and not a peep for tax cuts. No way a normal crowd of people would not cheer Rand discussing tax cuts. It just proves the audience really makes little to no noise for these shows. The entire audience sound is the partisan show hand turning on laughter and clapping to ridiculous levels with maybe a couple of people making some noise.

Even in NY if you have a large audience that felt comfortable speaking out when not only being told to on command they certainly would not have been silent during the tax cut discussion.
    Last edited by kahless; 02-01-2018 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Could not resist after seeing the video here and thought it went surprisingly well despite Colbert is a dbag. The very end was a bit retarded discussion on the memo, muh Russia lock me up with too much canned cheering and cuts off there.

Rand said he is in favor of letting the states make the decision for pot and says the fed should stay out of it.

He wants to normalize DACA children, of course the audience only cheers DACA and not a peep for tax cuts. No way a normal crowd of people would not cheer Rand discussing tax cuts. It just proves the audience really makes little to no noise for these shows. The entire audience sound is the partisan show hand turning on laughter and clapping to ridiculous levels with maybe a couple of people making some noise.
    A circus. They should cancel this $#@!. It is bad for your brain. Nobody sane is this excited.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    A circus. They should cancel this $#@!. It is bad for your brain. Nobody sane is this excited.
    It is why I cannot watch that crap. It is insulting to ones intelligence. Even back when Letterman was on, it was so over the top fake canned laughter. More annoying if he said or did something controversial the media would report on the audience response as if it was real.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Rand Paul isn't clapping hard enough
    Diagnosis: This patient is still sane. Increase his dose to 40.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post

He wants to normalize DACA children,
    Yes, floated the compromise idea before a "jam packed" studio audience and the at home late night show audience that the
    naturalization of DACA children to full permanent citizen status should then count toward the immigration total.
    Perfect way to do amnesty, imho all along.

Colbert counters that they are already here though, and Rand pushes back that they DID come here illegally in the first place,
    and it makes most sense that they now can/should be counted as immigrants getting their deserved fully naturalized US citizen permanent status officially from the USA.

Rand was not on the Amtrak train with 200 GOP lawmakers - though he was supposed to be - because he was in New York.
    Last edited by Jan2017; 02-01-2018 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    Yes, floated the compromise idea before a "jam packed" studio audience and the at home late night show audience that the
    naturalization of DACA children to full permanent citizen status should then count toward the immigration total.
    Perfect? So you punish the people that didn't break the law and stayed home, waiting to immigrate legally? All that does is teach them that it is better to come here illegally and jump the line.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Perfect? So you punish the people that didn't break the law and stayed home, waiting to immigrate legally? All that does is teach them that it is better to come here illegally and jump the line.
    Absolutely perfect. Count the illegal immigrants that are getting fully naturalized now toward the total of new immigrants.

They are getting their immigration NOW fully naturalized, so they count NOW.

Mexico is the only nation to not have be in compliance with immigration policy guidelines -
    Mexico-specific immigration has been the problem nbot to be ignored and swept under the rug.

Mexico immigrants have been in reality actually counter to the "diversity" argument of immigrantion to the USA
    from China, Philippines, Central America, and every other nation in the world from Haiti to Nigeria to Norway.

It really is time for true diversity of immigration to the USA - as fair to all immigrants from all nations
    and this equalizes that diversity back to as intended instead of the lop-sided immigration from one nation - Mexico,
    that has occurred over many decades. Perfect.
    Last edited by Jan2017; 02-01-2018 at 07:39 AM.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Absolutely perfect. Count the illegal immigrants that are getting fully naturalized now toward the total of new immigrants.

They are getting their immigration NOW fully naturalized, so they count NOW.

Mexico is the only nation to not have be in compliance with immigration policy guidelines -
    Mexico-specific immigration has been the problem as Mexico immigrants have been counter to the "diversity" argument of immigrants
    to the USA from China, Phillippines, Central America, and every other nation in the world from Haiti to Nigeria to Norway.

It really is time for true diversity of immigration to the USA - as fair to all immigrants from all nations
    and this equalizes that diversity back to as intended instead of the lop-sided immigration from one natiuon - Mexico.
    And you completely ignored my point. The proposal punishes people that followed the law and rewards criminals. I guess some might call that perfect, but I'm not one.

Does Rand joking about a broken rib secret society belittle the Strzok/Page "secret society"?

Jan2017

And you completely ignored my point. The proposal punishes people that followed the law and rewards criminals. I guess some might call that perfect, but I'm not one.
    Unless you send all Mexico illegals back first and don't give them the DACA amnesty at all.
    Perfect compromise is - for the DACA Mexico illegals here already if you are going to be giving the dreaming Scammers amnesty -
    then the way you can align the full diversity from all nations to the equalizing level as intended is for the Scammers to count now.
    If they want to go back first, then they won't be punishing Mexico immigrants for the future.

Is Rand's argument regarding blacks, and browns being disproportionally locked up because they cannot afford proper legal counsel valid? Are they locked up because they are sitting in their living rooms smoking pot or are they engaged in some other undesirable behavior that draws attention to their drug use?

Jan2017

Perfect?
    It creates the perfect diversity of immigration - the equalization of immigration from all nations -
    instead of the benefit to one nation so skewed for so long.

It is a perfect sort of compromise - one that could get some of the Democrats to recognize as worthy of support
    because we all wanted "diversity" all along, right. And with 23 Dems up for re-election in the Senate, they are put in the crosshairs for there "diversity" argument.

Mexico can extradite the illegals in the US now, back to Mexico first as well, so current citizens wanting to emigrate
    from Mexico are not "punished" in the name of immigration diversity goals of the United States.

I hope Rand can mention this to the "View" audience as well, so the hens can banter about it in preparation for the November 2018 elections as well.

It creates the perfect diversity of immigration - the equalization of immigration from all nations -
    instead of the benefit to one nation so skewed for so long.

It is a perfect sort of compromise -
    This is a perfect idea of Rands that I really like because I think its symbolic in a way because it kind of "normalizes" them. They aren't "dreamers" they are people that are striving towards the American dream like everyone else.

Its a system of second chances, lets not forget that we as a nation let them live here all of this time without kicking them out. To me breaking immigration law by migrating for freedom is human nature and its kind of like escaping from jail it should be frowned upon but I don't think there is a proper punishment for being human.

Unless you send all Mexico illegals back first and don't give them the DACA amnesty at all.
    Perfect compromise is - for the DACA Mexico illegals here already if you are going to be giving the dreaming Scammers amnesty -
    then the way you can align the full diversity from all nations to the equalizing level as intended is for the Scammers to count now.
    If they want to go back first, then they won't be punishing Mexico immigrants for the future.
    Dreamers = Schemers.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I often ask the same question. Rand likes to go on MSNBC too. It seems like the more he reaches out to the left, the more they despise him. They might be somewhat polite when they talk to him, but they rip him apart later.

It's almost amazing the hatred he gets from the left. They will blame anything and everything on him, even things he explicitly opposes. They hate honesty. They hate anyone who might oppose their big government, mommy-state. Telling them that you are OK with them smoking pot does not win any points, except maybe with beltway and left libertarians, who also turn on you every chance they get.

Principled opposition to violation of civil rights might gain him some small amount of respect, but then they will also despise him at the same time for being principled, as so much of their agenda depends upon being unprincipled and deceptive.
    Because when this goofy-assed $#@! falls apart, one of two things is going to happen. People are either going to listen to the very jackasses who caused things to fall apart, and go along when them while they try to double down on their goofy-assed $#@!, or people are going to figure out they have been the problem all along, and turn away from them and their goofiness, and try to rebuild around a rational system.

Now, if Rand Paul can actually get himself on the MSM and point out that the goofy $#@! is goofy, then people who have skin in the goofy game may not want to hear it, and they may not react rationally. But the more he does it, the more likely it is that they will react rationally when they have no skin in the game any more because the house of cards has collapsed, and the game is over.

Ask not why Rand tells the people the truth whenever the enemy offers to point a camera at him. Instead, ask why Angela or anyone else would actually give the impression of complaining about him doing it.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 02-01-2018 at 11:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Colbert counters that they are already here though, and Rand pushes back that they DID come here illegally in the first place,
    and it makes most sense that they now can/should be counted as immigrants getting their deserved fully naturalized US citizen permanent status officially from the USA.

Rand was not on the Amtrak train with 200 GOP lawmakers - though he was supposed to be - because he was in New York.
    That was the only "new" thing he floated, so perhaps that was the purpose of the appearance. I was hoping he might talk about breaking up spending bills, but that didn't come up.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I am not totally opposed to the idea as the least worst of all other compromises. It's better than just giving out a massive blanket amnesty.

As you say, there are important downsides. It's not fair to people waiting in line, and it encourages more illegal immigration. Apparently the recent talk about DACA has made illegal immigration go way up in the past couple of months. People are sending their children over the border in hopes they will qualify (and children never get deported). It's already having a negative effect.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    Hopefully Rand will be able to create enough bipartisan momentum to decriminalize marijuana at the Federal level. I hope that was the intent of going on that show.

Otherwise my earlier commentary applies. I don't see much value in going on these leftist echo chambers, catering to them and hoping to gain any personal gratitude or support. It may be able to create momentum on some issue that the audience already supports, but if that was the case, best to avoid the rest of the BS that Colbert was throwing out.

I didn't need to hear any more about the train crash or the assault. Did Rand want to talk about that?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast