Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: House Intel votes to make Nunes memo public

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    "Its all gonna be much ado about nothing. How do I know? How many of the members of the committee that voted to release the memo, also voted to renew FISA? There is your answer. If there was real abuse that they gave a $#@! about, they wouldn't have done that."

At least the Steele/DNC/Clinton generated dossier used for the FISA surveillance warrant has opened the can of worms
    of the 2009-2015 sham Uranium One investigation run/overseen by the likes of Rosenstein, McCabe, Comey, and ultimately Holder.

CNN has already quickly made Schiff the big news maker of Monday's vote - pathetic.

Trump should take the full five days to finalize the release to sweat more of them all out, let them make the vacation plans to Belize.
    and I'd recommend he start out his State of the Union as Gerald Ford did post-Watergate . . . "The State of the Union is "bad" !
    I wonder if Trump's plan all along has been not to throw them in jail, but just get them the hell out of running the government. Then, when 98% removed from the seats of power, we can start MAGA.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Democrat and leftist mainstream media is hilarious over the release of this memo. You have never heard them so concerned about national security and the independence and integrity of the FBI. Today's talking points:

- The memo is lies! (The FBI even says so, and they are like totally official and the most trustworthy).
    - The security of the nation and the world is at great risk by this memo (it might be the end of the world, and Trump doesn't care).
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The Democrat and leftist mainstream media is hilarious over the release of this memo. You have never heard them so concerned about national security and the independence and integrity of the FBI. Today's talking points:

- The memo is lies! (The FBI even says so, and they are like totally official and the most trustworthy).
    - The security of the nation and the world is at great risk by this memo (it might be the end of the world, and Trump doesn't care).
    It may be the end of some peoples worlds.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    I wonder if Trump's plan all along has been not to throw them in jail, but just get them the hell out of running the government. Then, when 98% removed from the seats of power, we can start MAGA.
    You don't need to replace 98% of the government workers. Most of them have no spine and push the deep state agenda only because there are no better options or even out of fear. The fish rots from the head.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Interesting there was news Monday that the FBI counterintelligence said there was nothing in it that was inaccurate after they looked over it. Now Trump said he will release it soon the head of the FBI said it has falsehoods using the democrats approved talking points. At first thought the memo was all hype, now its looking like it might actually have some truth in it.
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

... even if they don't know what's in it... or do they?

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Reading the comments on the article I posted above, makes me self evaluate a little, to make sure I'm not falling into an echo chamber trap.

They read like mirror images of comments at say, Breitbart or Fox.

Clearly both can't be right, one has to wrong.
    We're in a post fact work. They can both be correct with the properly applied spin.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Jan2017

at 12:33pm ET January 31, 2018
    Trump says he will '100%' release Nunes memo

President Trump's Chief of Staff said on Wednesday the White House would soon allow for the release
    of a highly controversial Republican memo alleging the FBI abused its surveillance tools.

John Kelly, speaking on a Fox News radio program, said Trump and his team were reviewing the document
    produced by Rep. Devin Nunes, R-California, and would open it to the public shortly.

"The memo came over, we've got our folks, our national security lawyers in the White House that work for me and the President, slicing and dicing it, looking at it so we know what it means and what it understands,"

"It'll be released here pretty quick, I think. And the whole world can see it," Kelly said, adding that he'd viewed the memo himself.
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/31/polit...emo/index.html
    Last edited by Jan2017; 01-31-2018 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    We're in a post fact work. They can both be correct with the properly applied spin.
    Postmodern neo-marxism - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...dan-B-Peterson

Quote Originally Posted by seapilot View Post
    Interesting there was news Monday that the FBI counterintelligence said there was nothing in it that was inaccurate after they looked over it. Now Trump said he will release it soon the head of the FBI said it has falsehoods using the democrats approved talking points. At first thought the memo was all hype, now its looking like it might actually have some truth in it.
    It's amazing. They are tying themselves in knots trying to find an escape.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Rep. Tom Massie tells us why Democrats' memo can't be released

http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/31/re...t-be-released/
    Rep. Massie: Democrat Memo ‘Discloses Sources And Methods That Can’t Be Released’
    JULIA NISTA - Associate Editor 2:39 PM 01/31/2018

Kentucky Rep. Thomas Massie told The Daily Caller Wednesday the Democratic House Intelligence memo will remain concealed because it “discloses sources and methods that can’t be released.”

“They’ve already reciprocated with their own memo, which I’ve already read today, and it’s talking past the Republicans, it makes statements that are probably true, but doesn’t really dispute the statements in the Republican memo, and I don’t think the Democrat memo is going to get released,” Massie told TheDC.

“The reason why it’s not going to get released is the Democrat memo is about three times longer than the Republican one and theirs discloses sources and methods that can’t be released,” the Republican continued...

more: http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/31/re...t-be-released/

+
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A Republican senator said Wednesday morning that the controversial Nunes memo alleging misconduct by FBI and Justice Department officials should not be released to the public in its current form, calling on his fellow members of Congress to put aside partisanship and act responsibly.

"We can't let the politics of the moment cloud our judgment," Louisiana Senator John Kennedy told CNN's Chris Cuomo on New Day. "If there's classified information in that memo, it shouldn't be released."

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/nunes-mem...155124924.html

NEVER TRUST A KENNEDY.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Memo Could Undermine Faith In Massive, Unaccountable, Gov Secret Agencies

From THE ONION https://politics.theonion.com/fbi-wa...ass-1822639681

FBI Warns Republican Memo Could Undermine Faith In Massive, Unaccountable Government Secret Agencies
    Today 2:42pm

WASHINGTON—Stressing that such an action would be highly reckless, FBI Director Christopher Wray warned Thursday that releasing the “Nunes Memo” could potentially undermine faith in the massive, unaccountable government secret agencies of the United States. “Making this memo public will almost certainly impede our ability to conduct clandestine activities operating outside any legal or judicial system on an international scale,” said Wray, noting that it was essential that mutual trust exist between the American people and the vast, mysterious cabal given free rein to use any tactics necessary to conduct surveillance on U.S. citizens or subvert religious and political groups. “If we take away the people’s faith in this shadowy monolith exempt from any consequences, all that’s left is an extensive network of rogue, unelected intelligence officers carrying out extrajudicial missions for a variety of subjective, and occasionally personal, reasons.” At press time, Wray confirmed the massive, unaccountable government secret agencies were unaware of any wrongdoing for violating constitutional rights.

https://politics.theonion.com/fbi-wa...ass-1822639681

Jan2017

Looks like it will be read into the Congressional Record on Friday . . .
    Next regular session of the House of Representatives is for Monday, February 5 but . . .
    https://pressgallery.house.gov/
    The House will meet at 4:30 pm in a pro forma session.

Friday, February 2, 2018 - 4:30pm
    House Floor

Last edited by Jan2017; 02-01-2018 at 07:46 PM.

4:30 on Friday is a good time to have second thoughts and delay until Monday which then turns into eternity.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    4:30 on Friday is a good time to have second thoughts and delay until Monday which then turns into eternity.
    https://www.thoughtco.com/pro-forma-...ngress-3322325
    Representatives (or Senators in the Senate) would not be required to be present for pro forma sessions of Congress . . .
    many are out of DC now ?
    They last only a few minutes typically.
    so, who scheduled the Friday 02/02/2018 pro forma session to read four pages into the Congressional Record ?

It was scheduled late on Monday . . .
    House Floor Activities
    Legislative Day of January 30, 2018

Last Floor Action:
    10:39:32 P.M. - The House adjourned pursuant to a previous special order. The next meeting is scheduled for 4:30 p.m. on February 2, 2018.
    Last edited by Jan2017; 02-01-2018 at 08:11 PM.

Two senior FBI officials who reviewed the four-page FISA abuse memo from the House Intelligence Committee said they “could not point to any factual inaccuracies.”
    After FBI Director Christopher Wray read the memo Sunday in private on Capitol Hill, the two sources told Fox News that the documents didn’t reveal any information that had not been corroborated.

More at: https://conservativedailypost.com/se...news-for-dems/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Some people have already pointed this out, but the devious Intel Committee is not getting nearly enough criticism. An editorial from Judge Napolitano:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/...ightening.html

I have argued for a few weeks now that House Intelligence Committee members have committed misconduct in office by concealing evidence of spying abuses by the National Security Agency and the FBI. They did this by sitting on a four-page memo that summarizes the abuse of raw intelligence data while Congress was debating a massive expansion of FISA.

Ignorant of the hot potato on which the House Intelligence Committee had been sitting, Congress recently passed and President Donald Trump signed a vast expansion of spying authorities -- an expansion that authorizes legislatively the domestic spying that judges were authorizing on everyone in the U.S. without individual suspicion of wrongdoing or probable cause of crime; an expansion that passed in the Senate with no votes to spare; an expansion that evades and avoids the Fourth Amendment; an expansion that the president signed into law the day before we all learned of the House Intelligence Committee memo.

The FISA expansion would never have passed the Senate had the House Intelligence Committee memo and the data on which it is based come to light seven days sooner than it did. Why should 22 members of a House committee keep their 500-plus congressional colleagues in the dark about domestic spying abuses while those colleagues were debating the very subject matter of domestic spying and voting to expand the power of those who have abused it?

Quote Originally Posted by milgram View Post
    Some people have already pointed this out, but the devious Intel Committee is not getting nearly enough criticism. An editorial from Judge Napolitano:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/...ightening.html
    What Congress passed they can repeal, if there isn't a repeal bill it means that they would have passed it anyway.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    What Congress passed they can repeal, if there isn't a repeal bill it means that they would have passed it anyway.
    Completely ridiculous. If the Senate changes their mind but not the House, that's not a repeal. But it wouldn't have passed anyway.

Completely ridiculous. If the Senate changes their mind but not the House, that's not a repeal. But it wouldn't have passed anyway.
    I said if there wasn't a bill, if there is a bill but one house doesn't pass it you are correct.

I predict there won't be a bill and that they would have passed it anyway.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

If Trump is really a master 36d chess player, he is letting this take a long time and getting a lot of input, especially from people at the DOJ and FBI. It would be revealing...

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    There won't be a repeal.

LOL, completely ridiculous is the thought that the bill wouldn't have passed if the memo had been released first. I think you greatly underestimate the amount of dirt the intelligence agencies have on our elected officials.

Besides that, just because it was abused by others doesn't mean they don't want the power to be able to abuse it themselves.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 02-02-2018 at 10:54 AM.

Exclamation

Fox news reporting "first excerpts of Nunes memo released" (to media?)

...used dossier... was based on false information
    ...used media
    ...DOJ used media reporting to give credibility to dossier - "circular reporting" *
    ... British spy hated Trump, desperate to keep him from being president
    ...surveillance would not have been approved without dossier
    ...GPS and Steele were briefing media on dossier

Still calling it "about to be released".

* I want an investigation of the DOJ/media collusion during '08 and '12 elections!

House Intelligence memo released: What it says
    by Byron York | Feb 2, 2018, 11:48 AM

The House Intelligence Committee has released its controversial memo outlining alleged abuses of secret surveillance by the FBI and Justice Department in the Trump-Russia investigation. Here are some key points:

* The Steele dossier formed an essential part of the initial and all three renewal FISA applications against Carter Page.

* Andrew McCabe confirmed that no FISA warrant would have been sought from the FISA Court without the Steele dossier information.

* The political origins of the Steele dossier were known to senior DOJ and FBI officials, but excluded from the FISA applications.

* DOJ official Bruce Ohr met with Steele beginning in the summer of 2016 and relayed to DOJ information about Steele's bias. Steele told Ohr that he, Steele, was desperate that Donald Trump not get elected president and was passionate about him not becoming president.

MORE
    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ho...rticle/2647937
    Last edited by Valli6; 02-02-2018 at 11:15 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123