Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: State of the Union 2018

State of the Union 2018

key points for this week's address

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/26/trum...migration.html

According to the White House, the speech will focus on five main policy areas: jobs and the economy, infrastructure, immigration, trade and national security.

Trump will also address the immigration framework the White House previewed earlier this week, which offers a path to citizenship for nearly 2 million undocumented young people in exchange for $25 billion in funding for border security and draconian cuts to current legal immigration levels.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Last edited by timosman; 01-28-2018 at 05:27 PM.

This SOTU speech might get bit overshadowed by the latest WSJ reports on Peggy Peterson-Stormy Daniels hush money payment/shell company scandal and resiggnation of Trump bud Wynn as RNC finance bundler. There were already shell companies/money laundering allegations following Bannon's claims that has landed him an interview with Mueller.

As for broader politics, won't be too surprised if more of GOP base revolted and turned on Trump, Javanka wing of moderate neocons, Wall Street, Big Biz GOP alliance. Bannon, Ann Coulter, Tucker, Freedom caucus could be part of growing list.

Will he be talking about "day of the rope"? Want to hear about "day of the rope". Don't really care about the other stuff.

Lightbulb SOTU 2018 - Official thread

Speculation Trump will read the memo at the SOTU.... I don't think he will, I think he'll wait a few days.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Despite all crazy speculation in last few days, FLOTUS will attend. On google news frontpage now:

Melania Trump, Out of Sight Since Report of Husband's Infidelity, to Attend State of the Union
    New York Times 3h ago

As mentioned in unofficial thread, this SOTU speech might get bit overshadowed by the latest WSJ reports on Peggy Peterson-Stormy Daniels hush money payment/shell company scandal and resignation of Trump bud Wynn as RNC finance bundler. There were already shell companies/money laundering allegations following Bannon's claims that has landed him an interview with Mueller.

As for broader politics, won't be too surprised if more of GOP base revolted and turned on Trump, Javanka wing of moderate neocons, Wall Street, Big Biz GOP alliance. Bannon, Ann Coulter, Tucker, Freedom caucus could be part of growing list.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    LOL
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Speculation Trump will read the memo at the SOTU.... I don't think he will, I think he'll wait a few days.
    Rand Paul insinuated that someone told him that he was being tapped by the feds while he was running for president, I wonder if we are ever going to hear the whole story on this. I think it will be like the JFK files that we waited all this time to see and we still didn't get to see everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    LOL
    Damn, outa rep!

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    Damn, outa rep!
    Which is why I want the names of every supporter who makes a special contribution today broadcast during my speech.
    Can somebody spend $1 and put Zippy Juan name there? RPF?

Ron Paul's 'The Real State Of The Union'

Atta boy, Liberty Report.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    key points for this week's address

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/26/trum...migration.html
    According to the White House, the speech will focus on five main policy areas: jobs and the economy, infrastructure, immigration, trade and national security.
    gee... I really hope he covers foreign policy.

Trump Has Already Killed More Civilians Than Obama in U.S. Fight Against ISIS
    http://www.newsweek.com/trump-has-al...st-isis-653564

Trump Has Killed More Civilians with Illegal Drone Strikes in 9 Months Than Obama Did in 8 Years
    http://www.ronpaullibertyreport.com/...did-in-8-years

US air wars under Trump: increasingly indiscriminate, increasingly opaque
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...air-wars-trump

More Warfare, Bombing, Deaths in Trump's First Year
    https://www.truthdig.com/articles/tr...ear-president/

==========

Yemen

@JulianAssange blasts US ‘subservience to Saudis’ as Trump triples drone strikes in Yemen
    https://www.rt.com/news/417397-yemen...s-trump-saudi/

US to loosen nuclear weapons constraints and develop more 'usable' warheads
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...sable-warheads

"Jon Wolfsthal, who was special assistant to Barack Obama on arms control and nonproliferation, said the new nuclear posture review prepared by the Pentagon, envisages a modified version of the Trident D5 submarine-launched missiles with only part of its normal warhead, with the intention of deterring Russia from using tactical warheads in a conflict in Eastern Europe."

Pompeo: CIA chief says China 'as big a threat to US' as Russia
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42867076

EU decides not to support strengthening of anti-Russian sanctions - Belgian PM

NYT
    Attacks Reveal What U.S. Won’t: Victory Remains Elusive in Afghanistan
    http://archive.is/EnPBY

Elizabeth McLaughlin
    "The Taliban are in retreat, the Afghan military is on the brink of assuming control of the country..."
    Right. Three successive presidential administrations have said over 16 years about the war in Afghanistan.

US censors Afghanistan report after surge in attacks
    http://archive.is/BMj7l

"The US has for the first time banned its inspector in Afghanistan SIGARHQ from publishing data on how much of the country is controlled by the Taliban"

The series of terror attacks that took place in Afghanistan in recent days proves that it is wrong to try to settle the Afghan situation by force, the Russian Foreign Ministry's press service said on Tuesday.
    Last edited by goldenequity; 01-30-2018 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    gee... I really hope he covers foreign policy.
    It's too bad that a George Soros organization is supposedly the most credible source on these numbers.... but to be fair, was Obama really fighting ISIS?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Rand Paul insinuated that someone told him that he was being tapped by the feds while he was running for president, I wonder if we are ever going to hear the whole story on this. I think it will be like the JFK files that we waited all this time to see and we still didn't get to see everything.
    I would expect he is still tapped if he has not been checking . I am sure they are keeping tabs on people they find to be a lesser risk to the establishment than Rand .
    Last edited by oyarde; 01-30-2018 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post

That makes sense. It’d be awesome to see the legislators arrested.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I would expect he is still tapped if he has not been checking . I am sure they are keeping tabs on people they find to be a lesser risk to the establishment than Rand .
    Now imagine you are hearing bad things about Rand and allow them to brainwash you into hating him. Would you break his ribs if you were his neighbor and a professional rib breaker?

Jan2017

Tuesday, Jan. 30 at 9 p.m. ET

"Finding a place to watch the SOTU online will be easy. Most major networks will stream the address,
    including
    CBS News, C-SPAN, PBS and Reuters will offer live streams of the address.
    You can also watch the State of the Union from the White House pages on
    Facebook, Twitter and YouTube."

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/state-of...ream-and-more/

2018 State of the Union Address
    https://www.c-span.org/video/?439496...-union-address
    Tonight at 8:00 pm ET C-SPAN previews the State of the Union address showing the events up to the address including the motorcade from the White House and the senators proceeding to the House chamber. Live coverage of the address at 9:00 pm ET.

Ron Paul's 'The Real State Of The Union'

Tonight's State of the Union speech will be in equal measure gloating and glumness depending on which political party you ask. As usual there will be plenty of mugging for the cameras with the artificial idea that there really any fundamental differences between the two. The warfare state will get its big boost as will the welfare state. Plenty for everyone in the dreamland that is the US global empire. But what is the real state of the United States? How about our security? Our prosperity? Our liberty? Today's Liberty Report is completely uninterested in political parties or making bumper-sticker points. We're digging down to the real state of the union. Please join us...

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Firing up the DVR, might share it with Jules latter.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Set another one for Maxine.

Set another one for Maxine.

Don’t have BET, you’ll have to cover that one for me. Though Jules is probably already a subscriber.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Don’t have BET, you’ll have to cover that one for me. Though Jules is probably already a subscriber.
    Don't have BET either. SOTU is on most free channels including PBS. I think somebody owns us.

Ron Paul will be live-tweeting during tonight's State of the Union speech!

Jules and Danke frolicking under the sheets
    Watching daddy, razzle dazzle the sheep.

Me like

Listen to the speech from the owners perspective.

Some SCOTUS members excused themselves from attending. How the $#@! do they run the place?

That was great, I could watch it over and over again.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast