Thread: Life before 9/11

Life before 9/11

Was life better before 9/11? Why did 9/11 change so much?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes.

It was designed to. It was designed to usher in endless war and the coming technology based slave grid.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Yes.

It was designed to. It was designed to usher in endless war and the coming technology based slave grid.
    You're either with US, or you're with the terrorists.
    "The Patriarch"

Because it stinks.

This is what it was like before 9/11

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

No TSA.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Yes.

This^^ Like others said, there was no TSA-and flying was something people generally looked forward to. Also, no constant fear pr0n about brown guys comin to git us. Right wing talk radio just had the Clinton regime to bitch about, pretty much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    This is what it was like before 9/11

Thats not how i remember it and I've never even seen that. 911 was a turning point, a really bad one.
    "The Patriarch"

In 1989 the Berlin Wall came down, and shortly after that the Soviet Empire collapsed. What didn't become clear to us right away, is that for the first time in most people's memory we weren't living under an existential threat. We weren't living our lives thinking that at any moment we could be vaporized.

And it was glorious. The 90s weren't awesome just because I was a young man and spent a lot of it getting baked and playing frisbee golf. It wasn't awesome just because for the first time in about 12 years there was radio music that approached being good.

It was an awesome time because there was no constant barrage of media fearmongering keeping us in a constant state of compliant agitation.

That is what 911 did. It took our brief moment to breathe, and crushed it under the worst of the 20th Century's zeitgeist, which we all thought was gone.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Thats not how i remember it and I've never even seen that. 911 was a turning point, a really bad one.
    One of the reasons they discontinued the show was because of 9/11, this was one of the last pieces of television that came out before 9/11 (from the creators of "South Park")

The reason it is important is that it embodies the way people felt about the President before the biggest national tragedy of all time. And I'm not saying they didn't have good reason to feel that way.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    One of the reasons they discontinued the show was because of 9/11, this was one of the last pieces of television that came out before 9/11 (from the creators of "South Park")

The reason it is important is that it embodies the way people felt about the President before the biggest national tragedy of all time. And I'm not saying they didn't have good reason to feel that way.
    Ya, I get you. All of a sudden he was a wartime President instead of a running joke.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    In 1989 the Berlin Wall came down, and shortly after that the Soviet Empire collapsed. What didn't become clear to us right away, is that for the first time in most people's memory we weren't living under an existential threat. We weren't living our lives thinking that at any moment we could be vaporized.

And it was glorious. The 90s weren't awesome just because I was a young man and spent a lot of it getting baked and playing frisbee golf. It wasn't awesome just because for the first time in about 12 years there was radio music that approached being good.

It was an awesome time because there was no constant barrage of media fearmongering keeping us in a constant state of compliant agitation.

That is what 911 did. It took our brief moment to breathe, and crushed it under the worst of the 20th Century's zeitgeist, which we all thought was gone.

Interesting way of thinking about it. In the early 90’s I was still training in the only weapon system to deliver nuclear weapons with one man control. Part of our study (that was very intense) was analyzing and do quality control of specific pre planned lines we could be tasked to fly. Those targets I studied and analyze were still in the Soviet Union or former states even after the fall.

The one thing about me, the enemy may see me coming, and the U.S. still had the capability to recall me.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post

Isn't it time to find the perpetrators and take them to justice?

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    The one thing about me, the enemy may see me coming, and the U.S. still had the capability to recall me.
    Thank you for your service officer. Even if your commanders might have been a bit misguided.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Thank you for your service officer. Even if your commanders might have been a bit misguided.

It was a bizarre world. In the Pacific theater that I flew in and qualified for to drop nuclear weapons, it would be the result of a serious war but when I came over to the European theater and again had to go through the rigorous training to qualify there, it was generally “ selective release” of nuclear weapons on hardened military targets to show our resolve and to get the enemy to back down.

part or that resolve would be that they may see me coming before I drop and could be recalled if communications were not jammed, which the enemy may choose not to do if they were in fact backing down. Once I’m airborne I go unless a veritable communication is received to abort.

as to “my commanders” in this case the decisions would be at Presidental levels.
    Last edited by Danke; 01-28-2018 at 11:22 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It was a bizarre world. In the Pacific theater that I flew in and qualified for to drop nuclear weapons, it would be the result of a serious war but when I came over to the European theater and again had to go through the regeous training to qualify there, it was generally “ selective release” of nuclear weapons on hardened military targets to show our resolve and to get the enemy to back down.
    A nuclear option. Wonder who were the dreamers who'd come up with this? Lindsey Graham?

A nuclear option. Wonder who were the dreamers who'd come up with this? Lindsey Graham?
    Predates him. But does make sense, no? Not an all out war, just saying, we are ready to nuke your military if you continue, in say advancing upon Europe.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Predates him. But does make sense, no? Not an all out war, just saying, we are ready to nuke your military if you continue, in say advancing upon Europe.
    Maybe the option of this being an option is not the best option for us?

Maybe the option of this being an option is not the best option for us?
    Well, maybe. If Russian tanks are rolling over Eastern Europe and advancing west...you prefer conventional war or pulling out?

could a few nukes at their military stop them from continuing?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Well, maybe. If Russian tanks are rolling over Eastern Europe and advancing west...you prefer conventional war or pulling out?

could a few nukes at their military stop them from continuing?
    How do you get to that point though? What was the Dept. of State doing? Selling speeches?

I'd take a nuke vs getting blown up and watching my guts and buddies bleed out, and my family fried back home. So if I had to go back then... instant French fry over conventional death for me. Or a bio attack... Would suck being killed by radiation a mile away though. Of course, I'm glad my worst dilemma is how not to fall off this roof today.

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    I'd take a nuke vs getting blown up and watching my guts and buddies bleed out, and my family fried back home. So if I had to go back then... instant French fry over conventional death for me. Or a bio attack... Would suck being killed by radiation a mile away though. Of course, I'm glad my worst dilemma is how not to fall off this roof today.
    Aren't you being a bit paranoid?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Aren't you being a bit paranoid?
    Not at all. Rooftops are actually one of the safest places to be in the event your boss is looking for you, and its only single story.

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    Not at all. Rooftops are actually one of the safest places to be in the event your boss is looking for you, and its only single story.
    I was talking about the nukes.

If I had the option to die of painful wounds or instantly vaporized I would take the nuke is all I'm saying. There is no choice and growing up in the 90s I never thought about it once, but 911 changed that. For the first time in my short life, nukes and "dirty bombs" we're popular and trivial topics.

I don't know about the rest of ya'll but, during Clinton's presidency I knew something was up. All the shim shamming that was going on during that time was huge. Everybody had a very suspicious amount of money by illegal means. I mean it was insane. All that Monica stuff was a giant cover up for what was really going on. Big big theft was going on. Not many people believed me except for one CPA. She sat me down and listened to what I had to say about it and she managed to save some very big accounts she also paid me a handsome sum for my advice.

I tried to prepare myself as best as I could for what I knew was to come. I knew something big was going to happen. When 9-11 happened I was like boom der it is.

I don't think any politician is going to save me. This phase of my life has me thinking about my spiritual health and drawing closer to God. I will make every effort to live and behave in an upright and moral way. I will be as aware of my surroundings as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I don't know about the rest of ya'll but, during Clinton's presidency I knew something was up. All the shim shamming that was going on during that time was huge. Everybody had a very suspicious amount of money by illegal means. I mean it was insane. All that Monica stuff was a giant cover up for what was really going on. Big big theft was going on. Not many people believed me except for one CPA. She sat me down and listened to what I had to say about it and she managed to save some very big accounts she also paid me a handsome sum for my advice.

I tried to prepare myself as best as I could for what I knew was to come. I knew something big was going to happen. When 9-11 happened I was like boom der it is.

I don't think any politician is going to save me. This phase of my life has me thinking about my spiritual health and drawing closer to God. I will make every effort to live and behave in an upright and moral way. I will be as aware of my surroundings as possible.

Me too.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Was life better before 9/11? Why did 9/11 change so much?
    I went to a Colts game a week later , well first game after , may have been two weeks . Security made me take the battery out of my pager and looked in there . A year before that I carried in a six pack in my coat pockets and a Bowie knife and would just get waved through .