Thread: HB1022- Constitutional Carry

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Indiana appears to be starting to get serious.

Just in time for summer , July 1 .

I have hopes it will pass both houses. We'll see if they accomplish what they couldn't last year. It would be nice to end our blue laws and dent gun control. My permit's always been the second amendment.

Great news IN! Even if this legislation isn't the gold standard in constitutional carry legislation i.e. New Hampshire Carry, it is still a great step forward for people living in or visiting Indiana. Let's hope this becomes law.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

http://www.wibc.com/blogs/gun-guy/re...rry-again-2018

Republican Leadership Kills Constitutional Carry Again in 2018
    For the fourth straight year, Speaker Brian Bosma refuses to give Constitutional Carry a vote in the House
    Guy Relford
    Jan. 26, 2018

Many Indiana gun owners are frustrated - even angry - because the Republican leadership in the Indiana General Assembly refused to allow Constitutional Carry to get a vote again this year. Believe me, there are pro-Second Amendment legislators in the General Assembly who are also frustrated by the party leadership's continued stone-walling on the bills introduced by Rep. Jim Lucas, Rep. Ben Smaltz and Rep. Tim Wesco that would allow permitless carry in Indiana.

Too many members of the Indiana General Assembly - including House Speaker Brian Bosma - give lip service to supporting the Second Amendment, yet undercut Constitutional Carry behind closed doors. Importantly, by refusing to give Constitutional Carry a conference hearing and a vote on the the floor of either chamber, the Republican leadership allows members of their caucus to flaunt their "A ratings" from the NRA and proclaim support for the Second Amendment while opposing Constitutional Carry behind the scenes. That way, these Republicans can have their cake and eat it too - they can declare themselves supporters of the Second Amendment without ever having to take a firm position on Constitutional Carry that could affect their rating with the NRA or cost them votes in their next Republican primary.

... Read More

As long as pubs support handgun permits, they support gun control (not that NRA will tell). I don't care how relatively inexpensive it is to buy a license, its cheaper to conceal w/o one and never submit to a background search. License =/= Liberty

That said, I'd feel better if the law recognized our basic right to defend ourselves in any given situation.

It is strange how leadership is allowed to block a vote on the floor. You can't do that in New Hampshire, pretty much every single bill goes to a vote by the full body. Is Indiana one of those states where you can't even testify before a committee without getting permission from the committee to testify? Vermont works that way and I find it insane. Everyone should be able to testify on every bill! After all, all the House and Senate are doing is the people's work. That's what it's all about, the people.
    Last edited by Keith and stuff; 01-27-2018 at 08:36 PM.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No, the public can attend and participate in committees freely... Its just the speaker can kill any work they've done in committee. They're probably anxious for revenue.