Thread: Right wing of GOP starting to turn on Trump?

Right wing of GOP starting to turn on Trump?

In last few days unusual rumblings in parts of media :

Trump's Friends At Breitbart Brand Him 'Amnesty Don' Over DACA Comments

By Harriet Sinclair On 1/25/18

President Donald Trump’s love of nicknames is well known: from his blasting of presidential rival “Crooked Hillary” Clinton in 2016 to his most recent “Cryin’ Chuck” Schumer.

But Trump is unlikely to appreciate the resurgence of the name bestowed upon him by right wing website Breitbart this week: “Amnesty Don.”
    The former home of Trump’s ex-chief strategist Steve Bannon lashed out at the president on Wednesday over his comments that he would be open to finding a route to citizenship for recipients of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program (DACA).

“We're going to morph into it. It's going to happen at some point in the future," Trump said.
    “If they do a great job, I think it's a nice thing to have the incentive of, after a period of years, being able to become a citizen," he added, also saying Dreamers should “not be concerned,” CNN reported.
    But his comments appear to have angered some of his alt-right supporters.
    Breitbart, which is mentioned in tell-all book Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House as being a media outlet whose backing the president does not want to lose, slammed Trump’s DACA comments as being a U-turn on his immigration policies and describing recipients of DACA as “illegal aliens.”
    http://www.newsweek.com/trump-britbart-daca-790308

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...ata-shows.html

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    H-1B Visas Would Not Be Extended Under Trump's Latest Proposal, Reports Say

Rupert Murdoch 'called Donald Trump a f****** idiot', claims new book
    The Independent Jan 3, 2018
    Mr Murdoch allegedly suggested that it might be difficult to reconcile the administration’s stance on building a roughly 2,000-mile long wall along the US-Mexico border with a favourable, more open stance towards H1B-based immigration.
    “But Trump seemed unconcerned, assuring Murdoch, ‘We’ll figure it out.’ ‘What a $#@!ing idiot,’ said Murdoch, shrugging, as he got off the phone,” wrote Mr Wolff in the book.

Trump’s immigration meeting was lowest day of presidency: Ann Coulter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHzUOLOC5eQ

Trump Appears to Endorse Path to Citizenship for Millions of Immigrants
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/09/u...migration.html
    2 days ago - WASHINGTON — President Trump on Tuesday appeared open to negotiating a sweeping immigration deal that would eventually grant millions of undocumented immigrants a pathway to citizenship, declaring that he was willing to “take the heat” politically for an approach that seemed to flatly contradict the ...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wouldn't really consider any of those people conservatives.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

It was obvious from the time Trump announced his candidacy that he wouldn't follow through on his nationalistic posturing (thank God).

But...

Well...

For those of you who believed in all that...

You got got.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    It was obvious from the time Trump announced his candidacy that he wouldn't follow through on his nationalistic posturing (thank God).

But...

Well...

For those of you who believed in all that...

You got got.

Hmm, you just posted a thread on tariffs, so which one is it??
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I would also say that Trump has not really suprised anyone.
    #NashvilleStrong

One thing Trump has been relatively consistent with is protecting the Dreamers. His supporters just stuck their heads in the sand

I dunno that the right wing was ever on board with trump , they were just all anti clinton .

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Hmm, you just posted a thread on tariffs, so which one is it??
    The decision of President Trump to increase taxes on American consumers is certainly in keeping with candidate Trump's protectionist rhetoric, but it's also small potatoes in comparison to the massively more destructive and idiotic protectionist measures he promised (re China, NAFTA). It's the same with immigration. He promised mass deportation and a laser-shark moat; he's providing minor tweaks to immigration policy and a "virtual wall." It's still harmful in reality, of course, but the point is that it's not what his worshipers (naively) thought he was going to do.

When did Trump ever say no pathway to citizenship for aliens brought here as children? He ended DACA because it was illegal executive program.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    he's providing minor tweaks to immigration policy and a "virtual wall." It's still harmful in reality, of course, but the point is that it's not what his worshipers (naively) thought he was going to do.
    So those wall prototypes that have already been built are just for show? You don't represent reality and have proven with your asinine comments that you don't deserve to comment on anything Trump related because all you do is spout nonsense. Minor tweaks.... wtf are you talking about?
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    When did Trump ever say no pathway to citizenship for aliens brought here as children? He ended DACA because it was illegal executive program.
    And he told everyone he was going to do it, and he said why, as you said. He said Congress needed to get something together by March. The didn’t.
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    So those wall prototypes that have already been built are just for show?
    Correct

Also, who's paying for it?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    This could make more of GOP base unhappy with Trump:

Trump Bans Bump Stocks
    It's ironic you bumped a thread full of a bunch of people ready to dog-pile on Trump for something that hadn't happened yet, in order to link to a thread where there are a bunch of people ready to dog-pile on Trump for something that hasn't happened yet.

Neither of these things have happened, yet people act like they already did.

Wake me up when they happen, cause they aren't going to happen (at least with DACA not the way people predict) and I could use a weed nap.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Wake me up when they happen, cause they aren't going to happen...
    ...which is the closest I've ever seen you come to admitting you'll never wake up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

It's ironic you bumped a thread full of a bunch of people ready to dog-pile on Trump for something that hadn't happened yet, in order to link to a thread where there are a bunch of people ready to dog-pile on Trump for something that hasn't happened yet.

Neither of these things have happened, yet people act like they already did.

Wake me up when they happen, cause they aren't going to happen (at least with DACA not the way people predict) and I could use a weed nap.

Ok, will wake you up then.
    Sometimes early signs and track record of people involved give away a lot, so it can be tempting to make forward looking predictions.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I dunno that the right wing was ever on board with trump , they were just all anti clinton .
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If DJT is crypto-fascist... he has no ideeeeeaaaaaarrrrrrrrr why we have a Bill of Rights.
    I doubt that he ever thought of being a campaign worker for either Barry Goldwater or
    George Romney. Robert Taft is before his time. As a toddler we know he was not helping
    Robert Taft get re-elected. I think he wants us to be a Banana Republic so that he can
    be its tinhorn tyrant. Or maybe this all is a conjob. The Trump's were once friends of the
    Clintons. Why did he have Omarosa tossed out of 1600 PENN AVE? I must buy her book...

The right wing of the GOP has never supported Trump. Trump is by far the most extreme leftist ever to win the Republican presidential nomination. No one else even comes close. John McCain is significantly more conservative than Trump.

Trump's supporters have always mainly been from Republicans who take left-wing positions, like supporting immigration restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    The right wing of the GOP has never supported Trump.
    GOP-E, this much is true.

Trump is by far the most extreme leftist ever to win the Republican presidential nomination. No one else even comes close. John McCain is significantly more conservative than Trump.
    Here is where you let your hate of Trump gets in the way of the facts. Bush expanded Medicare with Medicare part D prescription drug program while Trump is cutting social programs. McCain has been reaching across the aisle working with Dems to fight against Trump on dismantling health insurance subsidies and tax cuts. The only reason McCain has an R next to his name was that was the easiest path for him to win the Senate election.

Trump's supporters have always mainly been from Republicans who take left-wing positions, like supporting immigration restrictions.
    The left wing is for open borders not immigration restrictions supported by Trump and his supporters.

Whats is going on?

COULTER 2018: TRUMP 'SHALLOW, LAZY IGNORAMUS'...

Conservative leader on Trump: 'He's a fraud and has betrayed us twice now'

'Gun-grabber-in-chief': Conservatives turn on Trump as threat to confiscate guns prompts Second Amendment-related outrage

'He's a fraud and has betrayed us twice now'

Thursday 1 March 2018

Donald Trump has sparked fury among gun owners and conservatives after repeatedly backing proposals to tighten gun control laws.

The US President called for a “beautiful” bill that would expand background checks on gun buyers, prevent mentally ill people from accessing firearms, and restrict teenagers from buying assault weapons.

The 71-year-old's comments in the hour-long televised meeting with politicians put him at odds with the National Rifle Association (NRA), the gun lobbying organisation which made record contributions to his 2016 presidential campaign.

Read more

Michael Hammond, lawyer for Gun Owners of America, another gun group with more than a million members, accused Mr Trump of becoming the “gun-grabber-in-chief”.

“If he succeeds in doing everything he talked about in the meeting, he will far surpass Barack Obama as an enemy of the Second Amendment,” he said.
    After the meeting, far-right news outlet Breitbart ran a headline reading: "Trump the Gun Grabber: Cedes Dems' Wish List— Bump Stocks, Buying Age, 'Assault Weapons,' Background Checks.”
    Many conservatives also took to social media to express their outrage.
    Tonight's Podcast: Trump was terrible today during a bipartisan meeting on guns, said due process should come after gun confiscation, more. https://t.co/5ZYR7TNFiZ #tcot
    — Joe Walsh (@WalshFreedom) March 1, 2018

Democrat Joe Manchin and Republican Pat Toomey, who were both at the White House meeting, now plan to reintroduce a failed 2013 bill that would impose background checks for all commercial gun purchases.
    Mr Trump accused Mr Toomey of being “afraid of the NRA” after the senator told the President his bill did not include a ban on 18- to 21-year-olds buying assault weapons.
    “Some of you people are petrified of the NRA. You can’t be petrified,” he added.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a8234606.html

Related

Liberal democrat icon Chuck Schumer applauds Trump

CPAC UNBUCKLED: Speaker criticizes attendees for ‘brainless, sinister, clownish' Trumpism

Bannon claims Trump disparaged Sessions to provide “cover” for Kushner

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This could craete more controversies among conservative and non-neocon wings of GOP:

Alex Jones on Trump's Syria bombing "He just crapped all over us!"

‘They have broken Trump’: Alex Jones and the Trump Internet’s fractured response to the Syria strikes

by Abby Ohlheiser April 15

(Alex Jones Channel on YouTube)

As the live stream continued, Jones went into an extended, often vulgar and sometimes difficult to follow monologue in which he tried to convey just how upset he was by Trump’s decision to authorize strikes against Syria. Jones, and many others in the Trump-supporting Internet, have long believed a conspiracy theory that chemical attacks in Syria are false flags designed to emotionally manipulate the United States into war.

“We made so many sacrifices, and now he’s crapping all over us. It makes me sick.”

In an impromptu Periscope stream shortly before going live on his YouTube channel Friday night, Jones became another headline: “I’m not in a f—— cult for Donald Trump.”

“I shouldn’t even be live right now,” he said, before unleashing another sentence of expletives. After a couple of calmer (for Jones) sentences, Jones started to yell again: “F— Trump!”
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...syria-strikes/

Today's Drudge Report:
    We have the worst immigration laws in the world, they need to change and we need better border enforcement.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Again old chatter about critics blaming MAGA for rush on the border surfacing. However no new proof except same old same arguments MAGA supporters had already refuted. There are also reports of someleaked emails about border industry lobbyists trying to collude with some lawmakers to influence policy.

Hacked Emails Show GOP Demands on Border Security Were Crafted by Industry Lobbyists
    August 1 2019
    https://theintercept.com/2019/08/01/...plate-readers/

Drudge is turning on Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Trump policies causing more trying to come before they get completely closed.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20.../#.XK4-FOhKiUk
    MAGA is not perfect but such reckless chatter questioning his intent has been going around for a while.
    While back, there was too strong a push back from Breitbart/Coulter/Tucker etc after tweets like these surfaced but there is no convincing proof that he's driving border rush depsite all the conspiracy theories floating around among some Far Right folks.
    They could have labeled him 'big heart leader' but instead they assign such extreme labels.

Trump administration settles lawsuit, paving way for 3,000 Central American children to reunite with families
    Published 7:54 p.m. ET April 12, 2019
    WASHINGTON – The Trump administration settled a federal lawsuit on Friday that could pave the way for thousands of Central American families to reunite with their families in the U.S., according to federal court documents.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...es/3452021002/

Critics Blaming Trump For Border Rush

Some in the past have tried to blame Trump's messaging and tweets for accelerating border rush but he was trying to quickly resolve issues left unsolved by previous Dem administration and was by no means inviting more to join the pool before Congress acts. Critics like Breitbart writers, Coulter, Tucker have been too rough on Trump.

Trump: We will show 'great heart' on DACA

GOP Immigration Deal: Potentially ‘Biggest’ Amnesty in U.S. History

Trump's Friends At Breitbart Brand Him 'Amnesty Don' Over DACA Comments

Ann Coulter: Trump Failing. Don't ask me to lie about it

Breitbart 'prepared to rally votes for Trump's impeachment if he stops pushing populist agenda

Stupid Propaganda
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Anybody turning on Trump will means they'll have to suffer his wrath.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge