Thread: Trump says he wants to talk to Mueller, would do so under oath

Trump says he wants to talk to Mueller, would do so under oath

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/24/polit...ump/index.html

Trump has said this previously. His lawyer says he won't.

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump told reporters on Wednesday that he would talk to special counsel Robert Mueller under oath and looks forward to the opportunity, but that he will listen to the advice of his lawyers.

Trump made the comments to a group of reporters who were meeting with chief of staff John Kelly at the White House.

"I am looking forward to it, actually," Trump said, when asked if he was going to talk to Mueller. "Here is the story: There has been no collusion whatsoever. There is no obstruction whatsoever. And I am looking forward to it."

Trump suggested that people could wrongly construe his attempts to "fight back" against the investigation as obstruction.

"Now they're saying, 'Oh, well, did he fight back?' " Trump said of Mueller's investigation. "You fight back, 'Oh, it's obstruction.' "

Trump, during his exchange with reporters on Wednesday, said his interview would be "subject to my lawyers" but that he would personally like to do it.
    Trump later said he would do the interview under oath.

"I would do it under oath. I would do it," he said, later adding, "I would do it under oath, yeah."

Responding to Trump's comments later Wednesday, White House lawyer Ty Cobb said, "While Mr. Trump was speaking hurriedly before departing for Davos, he remains committed to continued complete cooperation with the OSC and is looking forward to speaking with Mr. Mueller."

Cobb added that the arrangements are still being worked out between Mueller's team and the President's personal lawyers.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

More fake news from the Zipster.

Trump said he would personally like to talk to Mueller under oath, but said that he would only do it with the approval of his attorneys.

When you take out the last part of what someone says and then say they said something wrong, that is dishonest, ZIPPPPPPYYYY, why do you fake news bro?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

What if I told you guys that it was the Trump DOJ that hired Robert Mueller not the dems or Bernie Sanders? how would that make you feel for giving this silly story any of your attention?

Yes way, its not fake news look it up

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    What if I told you guys that it was the Trump DOJ that hired Robert Mueller not the dems or Bernie Sanders? how would that make you feel for giving this silly story any of your attention?

O'Bummer holdovers.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post

Your comments are always depressing. At least tell us how much time do we have left?

Sure he will, he also said he'd turn over his tax returns...
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    More fake news from the Zipster.
    What specifically is fake news?

Trump did in fact say that he wanted to talk to Mueller under oath.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post

Gee, I dunno, it's pretty $#@!ing simple from reading my post but I guess I'll spell it out for you..

In the OP, the media narrative that zippy happily repeats is that Trump said he wanted to talk to Mueller, but his lawyers say he won't - the lawyer's statement contradicting his statement.

That is fake news.

Trump said he wants to talk to Mueller, those are his wishes, butTrump ALSO said he would only do it with approval from his attorneys.. of course.. That is the key part the fake news leaves out, and they do it because they want their stupid bull$#@! narrative intact that Trump wants to do it, but his lawyers say he won't.

It's the same $#@!ing thing with every fake news story, I've debunked like 400 of them already, and the fact that you are pretending like you don't get it means you are either actually really dumb or you are a paid troll. Either way it's sad.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

For a person spinning pretty elaborate narratives on this site, it seems your comprehension skills are quite subpar.
    Last edited by timosman; 01-25-2018 at 09:04 PM.

Gee, I dunno, it's pretty $#@!ing simple from reading my post but I guess I'll spell it out for you..

In the OP, the media narrative that zippy happily repeats is that Trump said he wanted to talk to Mueller
    That's not a media narrative, that's a fact.

but his lawyers say he won't - the lawyer's statement contradicting his statement.
    Right, he's an idiot, I agree.

But why is it fake news to say that Trump said he would talk to Mueller under oath, when he did in fact say that?

It's the same $#@!ing thing with every fake news story, I've debunked like 400 of them already
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    For a person spinning pretty elaborate narratives on this site, it seems your comprehension skills are quite subpar.
    Rev3 is off the charts..

This is the kind of obfuscation $#@! I would ban people for if I was a mod.

Rev3 is off the charts..

The mods think fighting trolls every day is good for you. it also works wonders for the membership numbers.

Maybe Mueller needs to talk to Trump under oath. Let Trump ask the questions for once.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Rev3 is off the charts..

Trump said that he would be happy to talk to Mueller, under oath - True or False?

The audio is all over the the place @dannno, do you want me to post some?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Maybe Mueller needs to talk to Trump under oath. Let Trump ask the questions for once.
    That might be the idea.

Trump said that he would be happy to talk to Mueller, under oath - True or False?
    You and your True or False questions.

He said he would like to do it under the condition that his attorneys approved. The media left out the last part to make him look foolish. Fourth time I've pointed it out in this thread. Ball 4 means you walk. You are significantly lowering the collective IQ of the forum. Context is important.

He said he would like to do it under the condition that his attorneys approved.
    Right

The media left out the last part to make him look foolish. Fourth time I've pointed it out in this thread. Ball 4 means you walk. You are significantly lowering the collective IQ of the forum.
    Tell me what in the OP is factually untrue.

The title reads:

Trump says he wants to talk to Mueller, would do so under oath.
    That's a fact.

Zippy said:

Trump has said this previously. His lawyer says he won't.
    That's a fact.

And here's the article Zippy posted:

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump told reporters on Wednesday that he would talk to special counsel Robert Mueller under oath and looks forward to the opportunity, but that he will listen to the advice of his lawyers.
    That's a fact.

Trump made the comments to a group of reporters who were meeting with chief of staff John Kelly at the White House.
    That's a fact.

"I am looking forward to it, actually," Trump said, when asked if he was going to talk to Mueller. "Here is the story: There has been no collusion whatsoever. There is no obstruction whatsoever. And I am looking forward to it."
    That's a fact.

Trump suggested that people could wrongly construe his attempts to "fight back" against the investigation as obstruction.

"Now they're saying, 'Oh, well, did he fight back?' " Trump said of Mueller's investigation. "You fight back, 'Oh, it's obstruction.' "
    That's a fact.

Trump, during his exchange with reporters on Wednesday, said his interview would be "subject to my lawyers" but that he would personally like to do it.
    Trump later said he would do the interview under oath.
    That's a fact.

"I would do it under oath. I would do it," he said, later adding, "I would do it under oath, yeah."
    That's a fact.

Responding to Trump's comments later Wednesday, White House lawyer Ty Cobb said, "While Mr. Trump was speaking hurriedly before departing for Davos, he remains committed to continued complete cooperation with the OSC and is looking forward to speaking with Mr. Mueller."
    That's a fact.

Cobb added that the arrangements are still being worked out between Mueller's team and the President's personal lawyers.
    That's a fact.

So, tell me what specifically is "fake news."

The fake news is the missing context of what he actually said. I heard what he said on video with my own eyes and ears.

Fifth time. Thank you for lowering the IQ of the forum even further.

Do you need me to repeat it again? I know some people need things repeated like 8 times before they actually learn it, but at some point it gets into learning disability territory. I apologize if that is the case.
    Last edited by dannno; 01-25-2018 at 10:01 PM.

The fake news is the missing context of what he actually said. I heard what he said on video with my own eyes and ears.

Fifth time. Thank you for lowering the IQ of the forum even further.

Do you need me to repeat it again? I know some people need things repeated like 8 times before they actually learn it, but at some point it gets into learning disability territory. I apologize if that is the case.
    Again, which statement in the OP is factually incorrect?

You are officially the king of fake news, you can take a post up next to zippy, I guess you will need to decide who is going to wear the wedding gown.

You are officially the king of fake news, you can take a post up next to zippy, I guess you will need to decide who is going to wear the wedding gown.
    [....?....]

I think I've made my point.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    [....?....]

I think I've made my point.
    I answered your question 6 times, you have made zero points. You have negative points.

You are officially the king of fake news.
    He still thinks Gary Johnson is a libertarian.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

It's pretty amazing that in 3 shorts years we* went from being rightly hyper-critical of the POTUS to licking his boots over nothing.

*well, some of us

This could get comlicated if Bannon gave credible details about alleged money laundering in his interview with Mueller.

Mueller Wasn't Interested in Bannon Until 'Fire and Fury,' Source Says

Donald Trump’s ex-campaign chairman and White House strategist painted a bullseye on himself after he blabbed to Michael Wolff about the Russia probe.

Betsy Woodruff
    01.25.18 3:10 PM ET

Steve Bannon appears to have accidentally sicced Robert Mueller on himself.

The FBI visited Bannon’s home on Jan. 9 to subpoena him, according to NBC News, and he is expected to talk with the special counsel’s team by the end of the month.
    A lawyer close to Mueller’s investigation told The Daily Beast that before the release of Michael Wolff’s book Fire and Fury, the special counsel’s team indicated zero interest in questioning President Donald Trump’s former chief strategist for their Russia probe. The team hadn’t asked to interview him, the source said.
    Bannon himself told Wolff that he didn’t expect to hear from Mueller.
    “I know no Russians, I don’t know nothin’ about nothin,’” he said. “I’m not being a witness. I’m not hiring a lawyer.”
    Bannon also told the author that he suspected Donald Trump Jr. introduced Kremlin-linked operatives to his father during their June 2016 Trump Tower meeting. And he said he thought the Mueller investigation was “all about money-laundering.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/muelle...ry-source-says

I assume that he is smart enough to also wait until the pay-per-view contract is inked.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance