Thread: Leftists Want to Ban Having "Best Friends"

Leftists Want to Ban Having "Best Friends"

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    bump

Already happening in Europe, it's coming to the US soon.
    Last edited by dannno; 01-25-2018 at 10:09 PM.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

IT'S A TRAP! BEWARE! LONGWINDED STEFBOT VIDEO!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Better than your philosophy channel..

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...mean-exclusive

Schools Attempt to Ban Kids from Having ‘Best Friends’ because It’s Not Inclusive

Social engineers and language police won’t change human nature: We all like some people much more than others. According to a piece in U.S. News and World Report, some schools in the United States and Europe “are attempting to ban the entire concept of children having best friends,” because it’s not inclusive and kids get hurt.

“The notion of choosing best friends is deeply embedded in our culture,” child and family psychologist Dr. Barbara Greenberg writes in a piece titled “Should Schools Ban Kids from Having Best Friends?” “Nonetheless, there is, in my opinion, merit to the movement to ban having best friends,” she continues.

According to Greenberg, “there is something dreadfully exclusionary occurring when a middle schooler tells the girl sitting next to her that she is best friends with the girl sitting in front of them.”

“Child after child comes to my therapy office distressed when their best friend has now given someone else this coveted title,” she continues.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...mean-exclusive

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Better than your philosophy channel..
    I don't have one. If that's supposed to be an "argument", you're quite the model student of Stef's "Art Of The Argument".
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I don't have one. If that's supposed to be an "argument", you're quite the model student of Stef's "Art Of The Argument".
    Because you had an argument?

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Because you had an argument?
    No, because you constructed something resembling an argument haphazardly and badly.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Leftists have the only friend they need , big government , if you really needed it they would issue it to you with your little Mao or Che uniform .

Better video..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NvJAunQQ07g
    "The Patriarch"

Schools Attempt to Ban Kids from Having ‘Best Friends’

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...mean-exclusive

Social engineers and language police won’t change human nature: We all like some people much more than others.

According to a piece in U.S. News and World Report, some schools in the United States and Europe “are attempting to ban the entire concept of children having best friends,” because it’s not inclusive and kids get hurt.

“The notion of choosing best friends is deeply embedded in our culture,” child and family psychologist Dr. Barbara Greenberg writes in a piece titled “Should Schools Ban Kids from Having Best Friends?”

“Nonetheless, there is, in my opinion, merit to the movement to ban having best friends,” she continues.

According to Greenberg, “there is something dreadfully exclusionary occurring when a middle schooler tells the girl sitting next to her that she is best friends with the girl sitting in front of them.”

“Child after child comes to my therapy office distressed when their best friend has now given someone else this coveted title,” she continues.

Greenberg says “Bring it on” to the idea of banning “best friends.” She explains:

I am a huge fan of social inclusion. The phrase best friend is inherently exclusionary. Among children and even teens, best friends shift rapidly. These shifts lead to emotional distress and would be significantly less likely if our kids spoke of close or even good friends rather than best friends. . . . There’s an unspoken ranking system; and where there is a ranking system, there are problems. I see kids who are never labeled best friends, and sadly, they sit alone at lunch tables and often in their homes while others are with their best friends.

Is a best friend an “exclusionary” thing? Sure. Do kids without best friends feel like garbage sometimes? Absolutely. But the truth is, Greenberg is making the same incorrect assumption that so many people make when they advocate for banning language: that changing the language will change a single damn thing about the reality.

Full article on link.

---

The State is the only friend you need, and are authorized to have.

Emotional Dependency on the State.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Time for some kids to learn the art of rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.