Thread: Washington Post notices the letter writing campaign. You letter writers are awesome!

Washington Post notices the letter writing campaign. You letter writers are awesome!

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-t...candidate.html

A note in support of Dr. Paul.

While the presidential campaigns are sending out reams of colorful fliers and slick brochures, some residents in Iowa and New Hampshire were surprised to discover the neat cursive handwriting of Janice Kramer on an envelope in their mailbox.

In a move reminiscent of former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean's 2003 grassroots letter-writing campaign to Iowans, Kramer -- a registered nurse from Prairie Du Chien, Wisconsin, just across the Iowa border -- is one of scores of people who have been mailing handwritten letters to Iowans on behalf of Ron Paul.

Writing on the front and back of a piece of notebook paper in light blue ball-point pen, Kramer told one prospective caucus-goer that she has been married 36 years, has 11 children, and is convinced that Paul would make the best president. "Please consider voting for Dr. Paul at your Republican caucus on January 3, 2008," Kramer wrote.

Kramer said in an interview that her daughter asked her to get involved and "write a couple of letters" on behalf of the campaign, though she was already favorably disposed to Paul.

"I feel we should do what we can to get him in," she said. "I don't agree with national healthcare. I don't think we should give illegal aliens citizenship. I am pro life. I've followed Ron Paul, and I think he's the only one of these candidates that understands the Constitution."

Asked about the homespun letter writing effort, which she said was guided by material supplied by the campaign, Kramer said she believes it is just one more reason that people should get on board with Paul. "It shows he uses his money wisely," she said.

--Matthew Mosk
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” - Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

THIS is the kind of press we need. THIS RIGHT HERE.

Quote Originally Posted by TheIndependent View Post
    THIS is the kind of press we need. THIS RIGHT HERE.
    THIS is the kind of thing you should be doing.
    From Michael Scheuer, head of CIA's bin Laden station, in his book Imperial Hubris:
    The fundamental flaw in our thinking about Bin Laden is that "Muslims hate and attack us for what we are and think, rather than what we do." Muslims are bothered by our modernity, democracy, and sexuality, but they are rarely spurred to action unless American forces encroach on their lands. It's American foreign policy that enrages Osama and al-Qaeda, not American culture and society.

Awesome!!! Everyday you people blow my mind.... think of what we could do in a free society! This is the revolution we need!
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

We've got 7 days to send 200k more. The job isn't done yet, every letter counts.
    The only V I know is V For Victory
    Free At Last Moneybomb

Write letters to Florida
    Canvass
    Tell everyone about Ron Paul
    Donate
    Make sure you are registered to vote in the primaries
    Run for delegate

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.