Thread: Gov Shutdown Prevention Act: fund each of 12 units of government individually

Gov Shutdown Prevention Act: fund each of 12 units of government individually

Senator Rand Paul to introduce Government Shutdown Prevention Act this week.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hope this gains traction it makes a lot of sense. I like the name. It would look bad to vote against the Government Shutdown Prevention Act because it looks like you would be for Govt Shut down. Clever.
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

I like it , we can just leave the more undesirable shut down forever.

It's an excellent idea, but there's a reason that omnibus bills have become the norm, and I'm afraid that's not going to change.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    It's an excellent idea, but there's a reason that omnibus bills have become the norm, and I'm afraid that's not going to change.
    Anybody who likes omnibus bills must be an anarchist who secretly wants to shut the government down.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Representative Thomas Massie on the Government Shutdown (Great ammo to support Rand's bill):

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I like it , we can just leave the more undesirable shut down forever.
    Exactly.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Anybody who likes omnibus bills must be an anarchist who secretly wants to shut the government down.
    LOL

Seriously though, somebody needs to tell Rand to make that argument.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Rand Paul Introduces the Government Shutdown Prevention Act

January 26, 2018
    https://www.paul.senate.gov/news/dr-...prevention-act

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Yesterday, U.S. Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) introduced the Government Shutdown Prevention Act to incentivize Congress to properly consider and debate spending legislation.

Instead of government shutting down operations over stalled funding in the future, the bill would institute a one percent cut to then-current funding levels for any agency, program, and activity that Congress failed to fund by the start of the fiscal year (October 1). Every 90 days thereafter, funding would be reduced by another one percent if an agreement is still not enacted.

“It is time for Congress to take its job seriously and get its act together on spending. This legislation will stabilize our operations while imposing real restraints to push government toward fiscal responsibility,” said Dr. Paul.

Currently, Congress does not face any consequences for failing to pass appropriations bills on time. Without such motivation, Congress has demonstrated it will pursue procrastination over prudence and risk shutdowns due to impasses.

In addition to ensuring government honors its obligations, the legislation will give agencies the certainty of knowing that, in a worst-case scenario, they will always be able to operate with a full year of funding at no less than 96 percent of their current levels.

https://www.paul.senate.gov/news/dr-...prevention-act

You can read Dr. Paul’s Government Shutdown Prevention Act HERE. https://www.paul.senate.gov/governme...ntion-act-2018
    Last edited by Valli6; 01-26-2018 at 05:49 PM.

There'd be mass suicide in Washington

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

What a great idea! Thank you Senator Rand Paul for having some common sense. We need more people like you in every level of government.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

committee may vote on Gov Shutdown Prevention act today, after hearing

After today’s hearing, Rand wants the committee to take a vote on his Government Shutdown Prevention Act.
    (details on hearing - LIVE - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...66#post6584666 )
    Last edited by Valli6; 02-06-2018 at 10:23 AM.