Thread: 10 best countries in the world

Exclamation 10 best countries in the world

Overall Best Countries Ranking

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-cou...rall-full-list

The overall ranking of Best Countries measures global performance on a variety of metrics.

Switzerland

#1 in Best Countries Overall

Canada

#2 in Best Countries Overall

Germany

#3 in Best Countries Overall

United Kingdom

#4 in Best Countries Overall

Japan

#5 in Best Countries Overall

Sweden

#6 in Best Countries Overall

Australia

#7 in Best Countries Overall

United States

#8 in Best Countries Overall

France

#9 in Best Countries Overall

Netherlands

#10 in Best Countries Overall
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, at least we made the cut.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

UK , Japan , France probably never make my top list . Are guns still illegal in Australia ?

here's what a country needs to have to be considered "great": sun, soccer, surf, and beautiful women

the above list is messed up. Brazil should be at the top of this list
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Overall Best Countries Ranking

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-cou...rall-full-list

The overall ranking of Best Countries measures global performance on a variety of metrics.

Switzerland

#1 in Best Countries Overall

Canada

#2 in Best Countries Overall

Germany

#3 in Best Countries Overall

United Kingdom

#4 in Best Countries Overall

Japan

#5 in Best Countries Overall

Sweden

#6 in Best Countries Overall

Australia

#7 in Best Countries Overall

United States

#8 in Best Countries Overall

France

#9 in Best Countries Overall

Netherlands

#10 in Best Countries Overall

Only one of those has a 1st & 2nd A.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Don't be silly, there are much more important things in life, like MONEY. (yours or OPM it doesn't really matter)
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

A nice corner of anywhere the government isn't..

Though I would prefer a temperate climate.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I don't think there is any country in the world that has a "Bill of Rights" that cannot be rescinded by government in event of "national emergency".

Outside of us that is.

Technically.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    A nice corner of anywhere the government isn't..

Though I would prefer a temperate climate.
    I'd leave to Switzerland in a heartbeat...the problem for me is that the Swiss have not (yet) lost their minds like rest of Europestan, thus you have better chance of playing pick up stix with your butt-cheeks as you do of achieving permanent residence or citizenship status in Switzerland.

I was in Switzerland for 3 months, for a YWAM class. That's where this picture was taken. I thought the countryside and small towns were absolutely beautiful… And the people are very nice. I was surprised that Zurich wasn't as nice as I had remembered. But I love Europe and I've always wanted to live either in France or somewhere in Western Europe.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    I was in Switzerland for 3 months, for a YWAM class. That's where this picture was taken. I thought the countryside and small towns were absolutely beautiful… And the people are very nice. I was surprised that Zurich wasn't as nice as I had remembered. But I love Europe and I've always wanted to live either in France or somewhere in Western Europe.
    I guess the South of France is OK in the countryside . Pretty much like most places , just avoid the big cities .

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I'd leave to Switzerland in a heartbeat...the problem for me is that the Swiss have not (yet) lost their minds like rest of Europestan, thus you have better chance of playing pick up stix with your butt-cheeks as you do of achieving permanent residence or citizenship status in Switzerland.
    Just don't boil any Lobster.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

There is no top ten, there's 'Murica, and then there's everybody else.
    "The Patriarch"

Vietnam was considered but Monaco not?

Not surprised Switzerland is at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Where would you rather live?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Not surprised Switzerland is at the top.

The federal popular initiative "against the construction of minarets" was a successful federal popular initiative in Switzerland to prevent the construction of Mosque minarets. In a November 2009 referendum, a constitutional amendment banning the construction of new minarets was approved by 57.5% of the participating voters.[1] Only three of the twenty Swiss cantons and one half canton[2] mostly in the French-speaking part of Switzerland opposed the initiative.
    Federal popular initiative
    "against the construction of minarets"
    Votes %
    Yes 1,535,010 57.50%
    No 1,134,440 42.50%
    Valid votes 2,669,450 98.53%
    Invalid or blank votes 39,837 1.47%
    Total votes 2,709,287 100.00%
    Registered voters/turnout 5,039,676 53.76%
    Results by canton

The results of the November 2009 referendum by canton. Red indicates opposition to the ban of minarets, green support of the ban.
    This referendum originates from action on 1 May 2007, when a group of right of centre politicians mainly from the Swiss People's Party and the Federal Democratic Union, the Egerkinger Komittee ("Egerkingen Committee") launched a federal popular initiative that sought a constitutional ban on minarets. The minaret at the mosque of the local Turkish cultural association in Wangen bei Olten is the initial motivation for the initiative.
    The Swiss government recommended that the proposed amendment be rejected as inconsistent with basic principles of the constitution.[3] But after the results were tabulated, the government immediately announced that the ban was in effect.[4]
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Where would you rather live?
    Greatest Country of course is Chief Oyardes compound .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Greatest Country of course is Chief Oyardes compound .

I like modern plumbing, electricity and central heating. So no thanks.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

[FONT="]The federal popular initiative "against the construction of minarets" was a successful federal popular initiative in Switzerland to prevent the construction of Mosque minarets. In a November 2009 referendum, a constitutional amendment banning the construction of new minarets was approved by 57.5% of the participating voters.[1] Only three of the twenty Swiss cantons and one half canton[2] mostly in the French-speaking part of Switzerland opposed the initiative.[/FONT]
    Federal popular initiative
    "against the construction of minarets"
    Votes %
    Yes 1,535,010 57.50%
    No 1,134,440 42.50%
    Valid votes 2,669,450 98.53%
    Invalid or blank votes 39,837 1.47%
    Total votes 2,709,287 100.00%
    Registered voters/turnout 5,039,676 53.76%
    Results by canton

The results of the November 2009 referendum by canton. Red indicates opposition to the ban of minarets, green support of the ban.
    [FONT="]This referendum originates from action on 1 May 2007, when a group of right of centre politicians mainly from the Swiss People's Party and the Federal Democratic Union, the Egerkinger Komittee ("Egerkingen Committee") launched a federal popular initiative that sought a constitutional ban on minarets. The minaret at the mosque of the local Turkish cultural association in Wangen bei Olten is the initial motivation for the initiative.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]The Swiss government recommended that the proposed amendment be rejected as inconsistent with basic principles of the constitution.[3] But after the results were tabulated, the government immediately announced that the ban was in effect.[4][/FONT]
    If they want to be Great , they might need to think about Exit for the french canton .

I like modern plumbing, electricity and central heating. So no thanks.
    I have all of that and generator, well water and wood heat backup .

I have all of that and generator, well water and wood heat backup .

Who did you “pick” that up from?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Who did you “pick” that up from?
    Hardware store . I have an account there . Balance is zero , so time to start thinking about a new project. Some things you have to improvise , I mean if you want a good Green River ( scalping )Skinning knife you have to go mail order .

I guess the South of France is OK in the countryside . Pretty much like most places , just avoid the big cities .
    I'm not anti-big city. But yeah, it is nice to be where there's a lot of open space and beautiful nature.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    I'm not anti-big city. But yeah, it is nice to be where there's a lot of open space and beautiful nature.
    I used to stop on the French - Spanish border and take a break when I was driving to Barcelona from West Germany . It is a nice area .

I used to stop on the French - Spanish border and take a break when I was driving to Barcelona from West Germany . It is a nice area .
    Sounds nice. I haven't been to the south of France. But I have been to Paris, Normandy and the East part of France (when I was in Switzerland, a Swiss couple I'm friends with took me across the border to France one day.) Like I said, I love Europe and I've always loved French and the idea of living there for a while. You guys might think I'm silly, but I think everything sounds better in French. Someone could be reading from the phonebook, and it would make my heart melt.

― Henry David Thoreau

I wouldn't want to live in Canada.
    Stop believing stupid things

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This is true whether you really meant it or not.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Be careful where you would like to move, the EU (most) spies on all of it's citizens, since 2006, ALL your Data is recorded and saved.

Data Retention Surveillance

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_retention

https://www.eff.org/issues/mandatory-data-retention/eu

http://thehill.com/opinion/cybersecu...handled-around
    Last edited by Mach; 01-24-2018 at 01:35 AM.
    FJB