Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vermont becomes 9th state to legalize cannabis, first by way of state legislature

The green mountain state just got a little greener. Next ski season there is going to be really fun.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    "Live free or die" state needs to get with the program. Completely surrounded by 3 states that have legalized, plus Canada which will be legalizing this summer.

What's the legend here? What's the 'D' represent? Democrat? Decriminalized? Douche? Decriminalized Democratic Douche? Help me out?

And the colors? I surmise the dark green is "legal" at the least. What about the rest?

The map is from Wikipedia. Here's the legend:

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

prohibited for any use but decriminalized? Huh?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Decriminalized refers to not facing prison time for small amounts possessed. There are still civil fines/penalites (license suspension) and criminal penalties for things outside of simple possession of small amounts of cannabis.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

It means they don't have any medicinal laws, but small amounts are decriminalized.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    The green mountain state just got a little greener. Next ski season there is going to be really fun.
    btw, the name Vermont comes from the French words for green mountain, "mont vert."

Very significant that this was a legislative action by the State of Vermont, imho.
    Colorado (btw, the birthplace of the Libertarian Party) was first by voter referendum and now
    Vermont the first by the state legislature. Welcome aboard !

Although a quick internet search seemed to dispel(?) my understanding that George Washington smoked what he was growing -
    there is a definite quote somewhere I read that George Washington was separating/harvesting "the flowering tops of the female hemp plant" so naturally I'll presume he used those female plants for more than rope.

Thomas Jefferson probably said “Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp…”

James Madison
    our nation’s fourth president and “Father of the Constitution” was heard to say that smoking hemp
    inspired him to found a new nation based on Democratic principles.
    https://culturemagazine.com/4-foundi...grew-cannabis/

No kidding -
    recommending to avoid Nebraska as it is regarded to be one of the very worst,
    very dangerous to drive through with an out-of-state plate.
    Last edited by Jan2017; 01-24-2018 at 07:08 AM.

Q: What's the first thing you say to random strangers when getting into a ski gondola in Vermont?
    A: Anyone have any weed?

Q: What's the second thing you say to random strangers in the Vermont ski gondola?
    A: Anyone want some weed?

50/50 track record on never getting to question 2.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    I think the word I'd like to see across the board is UNSCHEDULE - get it off the scheduled prohibition list. Regulate the way dandelions are regulated.
    Yes, considering cannabis as a scheduled drug by the Federal government is the biggest problem legalized states will continue to have.
    Countless over-the-counter medications are more worthy of that designation certainly . . . more dangerous, hepatotoxic, abused, and deadly -
    tylenol is the worst sh!t by far - extremely hepatotoxic but the goonerment doesn't care.

OK thank you.

Now I'm even more cornfuzed.

How can it be decriminalized in Nebraska, yet prohibited for any use? This map makes me feel retarded.

So stick with me on this one: NY - decriminalized for medical use, eh? Well screw my brain that STILL doesn't make sense. If it is DECRIMINALIZED, how can the state regulate it for med use only? Or does someone "caught" with it just have to say that it's for medical use only?

"Why yes occifer, the three hundred pounds of cannabis you just discovered in my trunk is indeed for my personal medical use..."

And what in hell is this "limited THC content" thing? They find a joint in my pocket and then what? Off to testing for delta-9 levels? How much of the joint does that consume? How long does it take? What is my disposition until results are obtained? Do I sit in a cell because I am pending test results and might pose a flight risk?

This has my head spinning... I think I need to light a joint so I can chill out. It's my COMPANION JOINT, so you can't hassle me about it. And yes, I can take it on planes for my PTSD. $#@! y'all.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Too bad aboutKansas. Indiana will still be last to legalize
    :P

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    Too bad aboutKansas. Indiana will still be last to legalize
    :P
    My money's on Nebraska to be the holdout.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

OK thank you.

How can it be decriminalized in Nebraska, yet prohibited for any use? This map makes me feel retarded.

So stick with me on this one: NY - decriminalized for medical use, eh? Well screw my brain that STILL doesn't make sense. If it is DECRIMINALIZED, how can the state regulate it for med use only? Or does someone "caught" with it just have to say that it's for medical use only?

"Why yes occifer, the three hundred pounds of cannabis you just discovered in my trunk is indeed for my personal medical use..."

And what in hell is this "limited THC content" thing? They find a joint in my pocket and then what? Off to testing for delta-9 levels? How much of the joint does that consume? How long does it take? What is my disposition until results are obtained? Do I sit in a cell because I am pending test results and might pose a flight risk?

This has my head spinning... I think I need to light a joint so I can chill out. It's my COMPANION JOINT, so you can't hassle me about it. And yes, I can take it on planes for my PTSD. $#@! y'all.
    Decriminalized means weed is still illegal, but the punishment is significantly reduced. No threat of arrest or criminal prosecution, it's treated similar to a minor traffic violation.

States with limited THC content, the purpose of those laws is to allow people to use cannabis oil that has a high concentration of CBD. The laws are very restrictive though, so I think they are pretty worthless. Plus CBD is sort of semi-legal across the United States, if it is derived from industrial hemp which has less than 0.3% THC. There is a much longer discussion that could be had about it, but I won't get into it.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The problem is that "decriminalize" in the colloquial sense means that it is still illegal to grow or sell. For a libertarian, the word decriminalize sounds like you can grow 30 plants in your backyard and sell weed to your neighbor. Well, that is never going to happen because they are always going to want to regulate sales to children. But typically decriminalization bills will allow possession of small amounts and that is all.

I've always said they should make legalization bills which criminalize sales to under 18 without a prescription, and then just the regular sales tax.
    Dannno is correct. This is true. NC claims to have "decriminalized" which means possession of less than 1 oz is now a misdemeanor instead of a felony. However possession of more than 1 oz, purchasing it in any way, or selling it in any way, or just giving it away for free is still a pretty heavy felony that will land you in prison.

While I am glad that people charged with possession of less than one ounce now get a ticket instead of a prison sentence, decriminalization - at least in North Carolina - is worthless.

What's the legend here? What's the 'D' represent? Democrat? Decriminalized? Douche? Decriminalized Democratic Douche? Help me out?

And the colors? I surmise the dark green is "legal" at the least. What about the rest?
    I dunno, but NC at least has claimed to have decriminalized possession, so it fits the speculation.

Yeah well, screw the colloquialisms of marginal spirits and intellects. I'm speaking in strictly proper terms. Decriminalization means the so-called "state" is keeping its nose out of things that are none of its business.

Does anyone here realize just how close to being free this land actually is? The veil separating this tyranny from freedom is so thin as to be imperceptible by most. It would take but the most marginal and subtle twist in the ways things are done to transform this land into something far different and far better.

How I despise stupid, corrupt men.
    That may be what it means to Misean libertarians, but that's not what it means to the rest of the country or the battalions of lawyers cops and legislators around the US.

The term, as the rest of the country who are not us use it, means that possession, and only possession of less than 1 oz, is a misdemeanor instead of a felony.

Wish I could smoke some tobacco as freely.

A couple long gone simple pleasures:

A smoke after sex.

A smoke after a good meal.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 01-24-2018 at 01:04 PM.

OK thank you.

In NC it means that you can get CBD oil that has been stripped of 99% of it's THC, making it basically impossible to get high. NC has legalized ONLY CBD oil with less than 0.9% THC

§ 90-94.1. Exemption for use or possession of hemp extract.

_____(a) As used in this section, "hemp extract" means an extract from a cannabis plant, or a mixture or preparation containing cannabis plant material, that has all of the following characteristics:

____________(1) Is composed of less than nine-tenths of one percent (0.9%) tetrahydrocannabinol by weight.

____________(2) Is composed of at least five percent (5%) cannabidiol by weight.

____________(3) Contains no other psychoactive substance.

_____(b) Notwithstanding any other provision of this Chapter, an individual may possess or use hemp extract, and is not subject to the penalties described in this Chapter, if the individual satisfies all of the following criteria:

____________(1) Possesses or uses the hemp extract only to treat intractable epilepsy, as defined in G.S. 90-113.101.

____________(2) Possesses, in close proximity to the hemp extract, a certificate of analysis that indicates the hemp extract's ingredients, including its percentages of tetrahydrocannabinol and cannabidiol by weight.

____________(3) Is a caregiver, as defined in G.S. 90-113.101.

_____(c) Notwithstanding any other provision of this Chapter, an individual who possesses hemp extract lawfully under this section may administer hemp extract to another person under the individual's care and is not subject to the penalties described in this Chapter for administering the hemp extract to the person if the individual is the person's caregiver, as defined in G.S. 90-113.101. (2014-53, s. 3; 2015-154, s. 1.)

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Wish I could smoke some tobacco as freely.

A couple long gone simple pleasures:

A smoke after sex.

A smoke after a good meal.
    why is the meal "good" but the sex isn't?

not to forget.. the ciggy with a cup of coffee
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Decriminalized means weed is still illegal, but the punishment is significantly reduced. No threat of arrest or criminal prosecution, it's treated similar to a minor traffic violation.
    Then that is jargon use of the term. I real english, decriminalization means the state has no horse in the race.

This is all such baloney.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    That may be what it means to Misean libertarians, but that's not what it means to the rest of the country or the battalions of lawyers cops and legislators around the US.
    Meager spirits suck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12