Thread: Any Advice?

Any Advice?

My stepfather is named John. He is something of a strange bird, but a very intelligent and good man.

Months ago he was diagnosed with malignancies on the cervical spine. He was referred to one Dr. Gilbert Lederman, a supposed genius and infallible expert on stereotactic radiation therapy for such cancers.

Details aside, Lederman's behavior left me endlessly suspicious. What good and competent doctor yells at and belittles his patients? I advised mom to seek a second opinion, which they have. The doctor, Carp I believe is his name at Rahway Hospital in NJ, was apparently gob-smacked by what he found in the records. According to him, Lederman literally did NOTHING.

Also, John's urologist is apparently an inept. Apparently, a PSA over 5 is considered cause for concern. John's was over 95, and still the doctor said it was nothing.

Now, I will usually forgive and forbear almost any error made against me. Where people I love are concerned, there is a monster inside me that wishes to wreak destruction on them, their families, and anyone who knows them. No, I don't mean that quite literally, but I am attempting in my weak way to impart to you just how unforgiving I am when people hurt those whom I love. I am not at all.

That said, my impulse is to hire Satan and have the souls ripped from these men in the most vicious, prolonged, and freakishly agonizing manner such that no mortal mind could wrap itself around.

Do any of you have any advice on this in practical terms? I mean whether I should go a hunting for the devil's lawyer on earth that I might visit doom upon the careers of these low and worthless creatures? Or am I letting my emotions get the better of me in this practical consideration? It would be good to hear from detached minds. And no, I don't need philosophical/moral advice about forgiveness. That ain't forthcoming no matter what. If I could get away with it, I might be tempted to feed both these men to a wood chipper.

An just to be clear, it is not just that they have damaged one for whom I care: they stand to do it again to others and I feel that this should not be allowed.

Opinions?

PS: if you google this clown-as-doctor, you will find he is famous, has a talk show, and has been sued 18 times in the past, according to Lexis/Nexis.

PPS: Thanks.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My advice? Concentrate on getting the correct medical treatment administered to John. After this is done to your (and his, obviously) satisfaction go ahead and go after the pos if you're still so inclined.

The medical profession is full of these people, I had my cancer misdiagnosed for months. The important thing right now is to concentrate on beating it.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    My advice? Concentrate on getting the correct medical treatment administered to John. After this is done to your (and his, obviously) satisfaction go ahead and go after the pos if you're still so inclined.

The medical profession is full of these people, I had my cancer misdiagnosed for months. The important thing right now is to concentrate on beating it.
    ^^^THIS^^^
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Bad medicine went a long way toward killing my father, father in law, and almost killed my mother in law.

Depending on whose research you want to believe, 80,000 to 250,000 people die every year from "medical mistakes and misadventures".

Sue 'em $#@!ing blind.

I'd be in jail if I conducted myself professionally in the same manner.

Not much you can do but complain to the hospital, in writing (complaint form). Go around online and find all of the healthcare sites, you'll have to sign up, but then tell your story and give him one star, there will be people that won't use him, especially if you show them, or mention all of his past lawsuits.

I've dealt with Doctors that have worked for Hospitals that were in the Top 10 in the country, a lot of them have their heads so far up their asses they don't have time to even treat yours.

That Doctor is a fraud..... Medicare Fraud.

This Medicare fraud settlement ends the False Claims Act litigation brought by whistleblower Elizabeth M. Ryan, the widow of a cancer patient, against Staten Island University Hospital and its then Chief of Radiation Oncology, Gilbert Lederman, M.D., who advertises radiosurgery cancer treatment extensively on the radio. Ms. Ryan's attorney, Richard Reich of the New York law firm of Lifflander & Reich LLP, filed the qui tam case in 2004 in federal district court in Brooklyn against the hospital and Lederman, asserting in the complaint that their Stereotactic Body Radiosurgery cancer treatment was not eligible for reimbursement under the federal Medicare program, and that through fraudulent billing practices the hospital and Lederman caused the Medicare program to wrongfully pay them millions of dollars for body radiosurgery cancer treatment of thousands of patients. Subsequently, the United States, following an investigation of the Ryan claims, intervened in the case against SIUH and Lederman.

https://www.rcfp.org/reporters-recording-guide

New Joyzee

Summary of statute(s): An individual who is a party to either an in-person conversation or electronic communication, or who has the consent of one of the parties to the communication, can lawfully record it or disclose its contents, unless the person is doing so for the purpose of committing a criminal or tortious act. A person also can lawfully record electronic communications that are readily accessible to the general public. N.J. Stat. Ann. § 2A:156A-4 (West 2012).
    Last edited by Mach; 01-22-2018 at 05:22 AM.
    FJB

Vengeance is a dish best eaten cold..

Fix what's wrong with your family first.