Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [VIDEO] CNN Rand How to end shutdown

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand said exactly what I've been thinking, Trump will sign whatever bill is passed and given to him. The Democrat talking point has been that Trump keeps changing his mind. That's just the blame game. Durban and Schumer are whinging and wailing that Trump is so hard to deal with. They must be mad that Trump is using the same tactics that they are famous for: duplicity, bait and switch, lying, cheating, etc.

But Rand gets it right. What Trump is saying in his meetings with Schumer and Durban doesn't matter. He will sign whatever Congress actually sends to him.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Here's what I think: I think if Republicans get together and say, "You know, with the government shut down, this is the time to shut down some things permanently. Let's decide what that looks like and let's all agree we will do what we have to do to pass it."
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Almost seemed like Jack Tapper wanted to say keep up the good work' and then corrected himself with health.
    Yeah, that was right after talking about the FISA issue. Tapper might agree with Rand on that, but he was even more happy that Rand would contradict Trump, McConnell and Ryan on the subject.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Here's what I think: I think if Republicans get together and say, "You know, with the government shut down, this is the time to shut down some things permanently. Let's decide what that looks like and let's all agree we will do what we have to do to pass it."
    Um, what makes you think most Republicans want any of it shut down? And, you do know that if this budget could be passed by a simple majority, the Republicans would have passed something long ago, right? So, if they need Democratic votes to pass something, and Democrats will screw the whole country into the ground for the chance to fill the airwaves with their 'they control all three branches but the government is shut down!' propaganda, then what, exactly, comprises "do[ing] what we have to do to pass it"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

That would be great. Problem is that McConnell and Ryan wouldn't want any part of it. They want increased budgets and spending, and that's the reason they force everything into omnibus bills. So much easier to hide pork and deceive with an omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Um, what makes you think most Republicans want any of it shut down? And, you do know that if this budget could be passed by a simple majority, the Republicans would have passed something long ago, right?
    You have a point. Republicans won't even change the rules to make it a simple majority. Maybe Trump needs to say, "Okay, NSA is gone. Tomorrow it's going to be something else. Get a bill on the table before it's all gone." That's what he was elected to do.
    #NashvilleStrong

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ...So, if they need Democratic votes to pass something, and Democrats will screw the whole country into the ground for the chance to fill the airwaves with their 'they control all three branches but the government is shut down!' propaganda, then what, exactly, comprises "do[ing] what we have to do to pass it"?
    That's another one of the ridiculous Democrat talking points. It's blatantly false. They know they can filibuster in the Senate, just like they are doing now. Plus they always have several stealth RINO infiltrators like Graham, Collins and Murkowski.

You have a point. Republicans won't even change the rules to make it a simple majority. Maybe Trump needs to say, "Okay, NSA is gone. Tomorrow it's going to be something else. Get a bill on the table before it's all gone." That's what he was elected to do.
    We already played that game. RINO infiltrators in the Senate means they don't even have a simple majority.

Lamar Alexander is one of the worst. Trump is going to have to take the lead on this and just start cutting departments while Congress delays.
    #NashvilleStrong

Trump is going to have to take the lead on this and just start cutting departments while Congress delays.
    Not this year.

He might do something like that two years from now, when he's running for reelection. But this year, there's no profit in it. Well, at least not for him.

Lamar Alexander is one of the worst. Trump is going to have to take the lead on this and just start cutting departments while Congress delays.
    Agree. It's past time to trim.

Every business in the world goes through layoffs. Often the big companies do it as a routine just to clear out the bottom performers. Why is a government job some kind of sacred cow, guaranteed for life?

The economy is booming. There will never be a better time to transition people from the public sector to the private sector.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

The economy is booming. There will never be a better time to transition people from the public sector to the private sector.
    What's funny is that's what every honest liberal should want. Democrats really like the spending part of Keynes but completely ignore that Keynes was a hardcore budget cutter in good times. Keynes would hate the modern Democratic party.

"Of Course You Can Be A Small State Keynesian: After All, Keynes Was"

https://www.forbes.com/sites/timwors.../#71292e05614b

The Keynesian model is not a "big government" model"

http://econlog.econlib.org/archives/...ynesian_m.html
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 01-21-2018 at 01:06 PM.

Rand has some amazing looking crunchycon footwear on.

Obamacare was passed under Simple Majority rules. Must be a good thing.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Every business in the world goes through layoffs. Often the big companies do it as a routine just to clear out the bottom performers. Why is a government job some kind of sacred cow, guaranteed for life?
    Because a private sector CEO has a financial incentive to do that pruning. If people can be laid off without revenue dropping, that means more profit for dividends, and that means a higher stock price.

A politician, on the other hand, gets financial incentives for protecting donors from bureaucrats. The more bureaucrats there are, the more protection donors need, and the more potential donors there are that need protection.

Um, what makes you think most Republicans want any of it shut down? And, you do know that if this budget could be passed by a simple majority, the Republicans would have passed something long ago, right? So, if they need Democratic votes to pass something, and Democrats will screw the whole country into the ground for the chance to fill the airwaves with their 'they control all three branches but the government is shut down!' propaganda, then what, exactly, comprises "do[ing] what we have to do to pass it"?
    Rand did suggest that the voters are beginning to see through this charade of partisanship.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Obamacare was passed under Simple Majority rules. Must be a good thing.
    Nope. It was passed with 60 votes, all of which were needed.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Rand did suggest that the voters are beginning to see through this charade of partisanship.
    Yes. Lamar!'s post on FB are drawing a lot of fire.
    #NashvilleStrong

I could sure walk down the halls of the NSA. "Please hand over your credential and cell phone and leave the building. Be here on Wednesday to collect your severance pay and clean out your office." There would be a "For Lease" sign on the building by Monday.
    #NashvilleStrong

I could sure walk down the halls of the NSA. "Please hand over your credential and cell phone and leave the building. Be here on Wednesday to collect your severance pay and clean out your office." There would be a "For Lease" sign on the building by Monday.
    Please get a kickstarter or go fund me going.

Why would anyone in their marginally right mind want to end it?
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Why would anyone in their marginally right mind want to end it?
    Why would Rand Paul sit down in the CNN studio and assume that any of the millions of viewers he's talking to are even marginally in their right minds?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why would Rand Paul sit down in the CNN studio and assume that any of the millions of viewers he's talking to are even marginally in their right minds?

Why would he go to CNN in the first place?
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Lol. There was only 1 person in my lifetime I have ever believed would actually remove a Department and it's the guy this site was named after. What gives anyone the idea that Trump is going to start chopping Departments? I'll believe this when I see it.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

This shutdown needs to end. All those millions of furloughed employees and their families are hurting, and have suffered enough
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

They might even start furloughing TSA screeners if this continues
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    This shutdown needs to end. All those millions of furloughed employees and their families are hurting, and have suffered enough
    It's for the children!

Sounds like they did what Rand said they should? Guaranteed immigration debate?
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast