Thread: Baltimore's Top Cop Fired After Out-Of-Control Homicides

Baltimore's Top Cop Fired After Out-Of-Control Homicides

Mayor Catherine Pugh relieved Police Commissioner Kevin Davis of his duties after 2 1/2 years as top cop. Pugh, then announced that Deputy Commissioner Darryl DeSousa, who has been on the force for 30-years, will take Commissioner Kevin Davis‘ spot effective immediately.

Commissioner-Designate DeSousa:
    "Baltimore has long been my home and I've spent my career on its streets and in its neighborhoods to address problems and bring about solutions that are meaningful for the people we serve."

MORE: https://t.co/evEpMlu8dC pic.twitter.com/LRzexpylkM
    — FOX Baltimore (@FOXBaltimore) January 19, 2018
    “As I have made clear, reducing violence and restoring the confidence of our citizens in their police officers is my highest priority,” said Pugh.
    “The fact is, we are not achieving the pace of progress that our residents have every right to expect in the weeks since we ended what was nearly a record year for homicides in the City of Baltimore.”
    The fact the Pugh is achieving no progress at all should be disheartening to residents og Baltimore. The city closed out 2017 with 343 homicides, just shy of the 353 set back in 1993 when the city had 100,000 more residents. Last year, Baltimore hit a 100-year low in total population, as the city as a whole continues to shrink in size. On top of that, the city has experienced 50-years of failed Democratic leadership coupled with deindustrialization, which has turned the area into a war-zone. As shown below:

Ex-Police Commissioner Kevin Davis was the 39th Police Commissioner in Baltimore since 2015. Davis, a fourth generation public safety professional, has been relieved of his duties in total shame, however, the chart below might provide evidence that Baltimore’s demise was a much larger trend that no public official could contain. Hence, why Pugh had to call in the federal government for assistance in 2017.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...trol-homicides
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Hit piece IMO
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

They should consider the hamsterdam option. Worked well on the Wire

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamsterdam
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

On top of that, the city has experienced 50-years of failed Democratic leadership coupled with deindustrialization, which has turned the area into a war-zone.
    Oh, yeah, that must be it. People are just killing each other because the mayor wears a D.

If zerohedge wants to blame Democrats for this, why don't they just do it? "They only stop killing each other long enough to go elect Democrats. So clearly all Democrat voters are murderers."

I seldom go to zerohedge. Is the whole site composed of partisan divide-and-conquer propaganda? Does the OP honestly believe Democrats are responsible for all the evil in the world, and Republicans for all the good? Has he convinced anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Oh, yeah, that must be it. People are just killing each other because the mayor wears a D.

If zerohedge wants to blame Democrats for this, why don't they just do it? "They only stop killing each other long enough to go elect Democrats. So clearly all Democrat voters are murderers."

I seldom go to zerohedge. Is the whole site composed of partisan divide-and-conquer propaganda? Does the OP honestly believe Democrats are responsible for all the evil in the world, and Republicans for all the good? Has he convinced anyone else?
    Demoncrats and their policies always make things worse than Republicans unless the Republicans copy Demoncrat policies, just because we know how to run things better than Republicans do doesn't mean Demoncrats aren't even worse.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Elect "Demoncrats" and watch the murder rate spike.

Yawn.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

You have a point.

But the fact of the matter is that democrats consistently and repeatedly vote for and enact policies that make it difficult, if not legally impossible to own, and bear, firearms for purposes of self defense.

Return the natural rights of the people to defend themselves at all places and times by whatever means they find most effective first.

Then, hopefully, "bi partisan" common sense solutions came come forward.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    You have a point.

But the fact of the matter is that democrats consistently and repeatedly vote for and enact policies that make it difficult, if not legally impossible to own, and bear, firearms for purposes of self defense.

Return the natural rights of the people to defend themselves at all places and times by whatever means they find most effective first.

Then, hopefully, "bi partisan" common sense solutions came come forward.
    People are bearing lots of guns in Baltimore and using them to defend themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    You have a point.

Then, hopefully, "bi partisan" common sense solutions can come forward.
    That's true. It isn't what zerohedge said in the OP. But it's true.

You'd think if zerohedge meant, 'Democrats turned the city into a war zone by disarming the law abiding but not disarming the scofflaws,' they would have just said it outright.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    People are bearing lots of guns in Baltimore and using them to defend themselves.
    Is that what they're using them for? Then why do the Head Democrats in Charge keep charging them with murder when they do?

That's true. It isn't what zerohedge said in the OP. But it's true.

You'd think if zerohedge meant, 'Democrats turned the city into a war zone by disarming the law abiding but not disarming the scofflaws,' they would have just said it outright.

Is that what they're using them for? Then why do the Head Democrats in Charge keep charging them with murder when they do?
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...in-baltimore-/

Retaliation murders help drive surge in Baltimore homicides

BALTIMORE (AP) - Authorities say the slaying of a popular Baltimore rapper shows how retaliation killings are helping to drive a historic spike in violence in the city.

The Baltimore Sun reports (https://bsun.md/2t97hjW ) that investigators say the shooting of rapper Tyriece “Lor Scoota” Watson last summer was set in motion by a shooting across town a few hours earlier. Authorities say the rapper’s alleged killer, Cortez Mitchell, targeted him because a friend of Watson’s had shot a friend of Mitchell’s.

And Mitchell was shot to death four months later in what authorities believe was more retaliation.

Baltimore had 344 homicides in 2015, its deadliest year per capita. The city had 318 murders in 2016. So far, there have been 152 homicides through Saturday, putting the city on pace to surge past both numbers.
    A guy kills another guy because he killed (or even just insulted) somebody else. Using guns to defend ones self (or friends/ family).

A guy kills another guy because he killed (or even just insulted) somebody else. Using guns to defend ones self (or friends/ family).
    Do you really not know the difference between self-defense and retaliation--do you really think someone's life can be defended after their death--or are you just trolling us with silly propaganda?

Do you really not know the difference between self-defense and retaliation--do you really think someone's life can be defended after their death--or are you just trolling us with silly propaganda?
    Revenge shooting is "post facto" self defense. He shot first, then I shot. It just wasn't split seconds later. His actions led to my response.

Revenge shooting is "post facto" self defense. He shot first, then I shot. It just wasn't split seconds later. His actions led to my response.
    Only you could use ex post facto as an excuse for your silly-assed propaganda.

If your ex post facto silliness really holds water, then why is it people who kill in self-defense are allowed to use that as a defense in every court in the land, and people who kill in "ex post facto self-defense" are not?

Somebody please Neg zippy for me, I'm out right now.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

He's making an ass of himself. Now's not the time to discourage him.

So, Zippy, is this an intel report? Are the totalitarians trying to redefine revenge killings as post facto defense of loved ones, despite the fact that it clearly brings no one back to life, so they can redefine actual self defense as per facto revenge, and use that propaganda to make self defense illegal?

I honestly thought posting silly zerohedge partisan tripe couldn't possibly lead to anything positive, but I guess I was wrong. Zippy's using the opportunity to make an ass of himself, and maybe alerting us to a future totalitarian strategy. Such a deal.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 01-21-2018 at 04:10 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post

Omar's comin!

hahhhhaaaaaaaa

ex postfacto rep

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Taken care of.

Isnt Baltimore run by leftists?

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Isnt Baltimore run by leftists?
    Absolutely.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.