Thread: Military Deployed As Jamaica Officials Declare State Of Emergency

Military Deployed As Jamaica Officials Declare State Of Emergency

Foreigners are being asked by their respective governments to exercise extreme caution and stay within the perimeter of their resorts in Montego Bay, Jamaica, after a wave of out of control violence has overpowered local authorities. On Thursday, the country’s prime minister, Andrew Holness, declared the state of emergency in the St. James parish to “restore public safety,” and also thwart a mass exodus of international investment and tourism.
    In response, the government deployed the Jamaica Defense Forces onto the city streets in what is described as a “major military operation.”
    Maj. Gen. Antony Anderson, Jamaica’s national security advisor, told CTV News Channel on Friday that authorities imposed a military lockdown of the area, following 335 homicides in 2017, and as reported by CTV that is “twice the tally of any other parish” in the country.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...tate-emergency
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sounds like a $#@!hole.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Going in September
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

I think that this is a job for Jeff Sessions.

He can help lead them to crack down on these people who are on the marijuana.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Sounds like a $#@!hole.
    Yeah but only half the homicides of chicago in 2017 .

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    I think that this is a job for Jeff Sessions.

He can help lead them to crack down on these people who are on the marijuana.
    Just as an aside of something that shocked me when I went there was that marijuana isn't the prevalent drug there at all. Those bastards LOVE them some mushroom "tea". There are little vendor shacks all over the place and the beaches where you can order a mushroom drink, with different strains of mushrooms to accommodate your preferred buzz.
    "Self conquest is the greatest of all victories." - Plato

Russia has started airdrops of weapons and supplies to the courageous Jamaican freedom fighters
    and have condemned the oppressive Jamaican regime..
    Lavrov has called for emergency UN Security Council meeting tomorrow
    as Russian aircraft have now secured a base on the small Caribbean island.
    "We stand with the people of Jamaica and condemn the unilateral actions of the regime."
    Plans for establishing diplomatic relations with the separatists have begun
    and Russia plans on budgeting $1B for reconstruction efforts in the 'freedom zone'.

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    Going in September
    Watch out for cops , mushroom tea and freedom fighters .

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I will have to wait and see who makes me the best offer .

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    Russia has started airdrops of weapons and supplies to the courageous Jamaican freedom fighters
    "We stand with the people of Jamaica and condemn the unilateral actions of the regime."
    and Russia plans on budgeting $1B for reconstruction efforts in the 'freedom zone'.
    Damn Ruskies, always sticking their nose in other people's business.
    "The Patriarch"

Amateurs. First thing you do is declare a no-fly zone.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Going in September
    D'yer maker?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Sounds like a $#@!hole.
    If they offer me Generalissimo of the Jamaican air force will you fly for me ?

as Russian aircraft have now secured a base on the small Caribbean island.cctv
    Rex Tillerson harshly criticized Russian meddling in our hemisphere, accusing the Russians of equiping the Rastafarian State in Jamaica. The Russians issued a rebuttal and warned Holness must leave office, or there will be dire consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    D'yer maker?
    Yah mon

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Your post will undoubtedly be used as evidence by Nikki Haley at a UN meeting someday soon.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yah mon
    Yemen?

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    Yemen?
    Nah mon

Baptiste said.