Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: US Government Shuts Down (2018)

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    i hope this will not reflect negatively on your performance review although something tells me making $#@! up is par for the course.
    Like most propagandists, Zippy's big on ex post factoids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    i hope this will not reflect negatively on your performance review although something tells me making $#@! up is par for the course.
    Thank you for your informative contribution to the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Thank you for your informative contribution to the discussion.
    And thank you for your disinformative contribution to this--and every--discussion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    There will never be a problem finding Trump contradicting himself. He's a Democrat at heart after all.
    That's pretty much been my position from the start. I hope I'm wrong, but that seems to be the way it works these days. Presidents are more like actors or spokespersons for the PTSB. If they run as a Republican, they pretend to be conservative… But for the most part it's just an act. When I saw how they shut out Ron Paul, I gave up hope on anyone genuine and good actually making it to the presidency.

Last edited by lilymc; 01-21-2018 at 04:45 PM.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The #TrumpShutdown is over! We should all call Trump and thank him for ending his shutdown!

/s
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post

I' +rep you if I could. Brilliant.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Just curious; what was the reason Rand Paul and Mike Lee voted 'no' on this? Was it related to immigration?

The 81-18 roll call Monday by which the Senate agreed to a stopgap spending measure to fund the government until Feb. 8.

A "yes" vote is a vote to pass the bill.
    Voting yes were 32 Democrats, 48 Republicans and 1 independent.
    Voting no were 15 Democrats, 2 Republicans and 1 independent.

Democrats Yes
    Baldwin, Wis.; Bennet, Colo.; Brown, Ohio; Cantwell, Wash.; Cardin, Md.; Carper, Del.; Casey, Pa.; Coons, Del.; Donnelly, Ind.; Duckworth, Ill.; Durbin, Ill.; Hassan, N.H.; Heinrich, N.M.; Heitkamp, N.D.; Jones, Ala.; Kaine, Va.; Klobuchar, Minn.; Manchin, W.V.; McCaskill, Mo.; Murray, Wash.; Nelson, Fla.; Peters, Mich.; Reed, R.I.; Schatz, Hawaii; Schumer, N.Y.; Shaheen, N.H.; Smith, Minn.; Stabenow, Mich.; Udall, N.M.; Van Hollen, Md.; Warner, Va.; Whitehouse, R.I.

Democrats No
    Blumenthal, Conn.; Booker, N.J.; Cortez Masto, Nev.; Feinstein, Calif.; Gillibrand, N.Y.; Harris, Calif.; Hirono, Hawaii; Leahy, Vt.; Markey, Mass.; Menendez, N.J.; Merkley, Ore.; Murphy, Conn.; Tester, Mont.; Warren, Mass.; Wyden, Ore.

Republicans Yes
    Alexander, Tenn.; Barrasso, Wyo.; Blunt, Mo.; Boozman, Ark.; Burr, N.C.; Capito, W.V.; Cassidy, La.; Cochran, Miss.; Collins, Maine; Corker, Tenn.; Cornyn, Texas; Cotton, Ark.; Crapo, Idaho; Cruz, Texas; Daines, Mont.; Enzi, Wyo.; Ernst, Iowa; Fischer, Neb.; Flake, Ariz.; Gardner, Colo.; Graham, S.C.; Grassley, Iowa; Hatch, Utah; Heller, Nev.; Hoeven, N.D.; Inhofe, Okla.; Isakson, Ga.; Johnson, Wis.; Kennedy, La.; Lankford, Okla.; McConnell, Ky.; Moran, Kan.; Murkowski, Alaska; Perdue, Ga.; Portman, Ohio; Risch, Idaho; Roberts, Kan.; Rounds, S.D.; Rubio, Fla.; Sasse, Neb.; Scott, S.C.; Shelby, Ala.; Sullivan, Alaska; Thune, S.D.; Tillis, N.C.; Toomey, Pa.; Wicker, Miss.; Young, Ind.

Republicans No
    Lee, Utah; Paul, Ky.

Republicans Not Voting
    McCain, Ariz.

Independents Yes
    King, Maine.

Independents No
    Sanders, Vt.
    https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/201...et-battle.html

The #TrumpShutdown is over! We should all call Trump and thank him for ending his shutdown!

/s

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    I' +rep you if I could. Brilliant.
    covered.

Quote Originally Posted by charrob View Post
    Just curious; what was the reason Rand Paul and Mike Lee voted 'no' on this? Was it related to immigration?
    They object to high government spending.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    They object to high government spending.
    Good to know. Thanks.

Hallelujah, government is back!!
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

/s
    It was a trying time for America but we made it through
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post

Things You Do That Really Tick Off TSA Agents

https://www.cheatsheet.com/culture/t...=YF&yptr=yahoo
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

/s
    Sadly ,I will have to gather the Tribe and tell them Brian has cancelled the Tax Holiday I granted for shutdown ......

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Now selling the "I survived government shutdown 2018" shirts.
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Things You Do That Really Tick Off TSA Agents

https://www.cheatsheet.com/culture/t...=YF&yptr=yahoo
    That article is right, wearing a dress or long skirt is pretty much a guaranteed enhanced patdown.

But if she just looks super sexy in a long skirt, who am I to tell her what not to wear?
    - Kim Kardashian

Nonessential Government Employee Gets Back To Work

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Hopefully they will shut it down in Feb for 9 or 10 months .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Hopefully they will shut it down in Feb for 9 or 10 months .
    Right up to the mid-terms.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123