Department of Justice
    U.S. Attorney’s Office
    Southern District of Indiana
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    Friday, January 19, 2018
    Kentucky Man Charged With Assaulting a Member of Congress
    Victim attacked while mowing his yard.

PRESS RELEASE

Indianapolis-Josh J. Minkler, the United States Attorney for the Southern District of Indiana, announced today that Rene A. Boucher, 58, Bowling Green, Kentucky, has been charged with assaulting a member of congress resulting in personal injury, a felony under federal law.

“Assaulting a member of Congress is an offense we take very seriously,” said Minkler. “Those who choose to commit such an act will be held accountable.”

According to court documents, Boucher and the victim are neighbors in Bowling Green, Kentucky. On November 3, 2017, the victim was mowing his yard while wearing headphones. Boucher allegedly witnessed the victim stack brush onto a pile near the victim’s property and “had enough.” Boucher ran onto the victim’s property and tackled the victim. As a result of this assault, the victim suffered multiple fractured ribs and subsequently contracted and required medical attention for pneumonia. Boucher admitted the assault but denied it was politically motivated.

The United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Indiana was assigned the case following the recusal of the United States Attorney’s Office for the Western District of Kentucky where the offense is alleged to have been committed.

Boucher has signed a plea agreement but no date has been set for the taking of his guilty plea and the imposition of sentence.

This case was investigated by the Louisville office of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

"Just as we are committed to protecting the American people, the FBI will not tolerate violence directed against members of Congress," said Special Agent in Charge Amy S. Hess of the FBI's Louisville field office. "Those who choose to assault any federal official are certain to face serious consequences."

No future court dates have been set.

An information is only a charge and not evidence of guilt. All defendants are presumed innocent until proven otherwise in federal court.

According to Assistant United States Attorney Bradley P. Shepard of the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Indiana who is prosecuting this case as a Special Attorney to the United States Attorney General, Boucher faces up to 10 years’ imprisonment and a fine of up to $250,000.

###

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.8e2f91763e69
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Scam deal
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

According to Assistant United States Attorney Bradley P. Shepard
    This $#@!ing whistle-dick made the guy an offer he accepted and he's too big a pussy to come out and say so...

Crazy story!

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    This $#@!ing whistle-dick made the guy an offer he accepted and he's too big a pussy to come out and say so...
    I also notice they're happy to tell us what punishment he could be but won't be getting, but they're not telling what punishment he will be getting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I also notice they're happy to tell us what punishment he could be but won't be getting, but they're not telling what punishment he will be getting.
    21 months in jail is the sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Felony charge stands?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

When will it be announced that he is the new member of The View or a special correspondent for CNN/MSNBC?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    following the recusal of the United States Attorney’s Office for the Western District of Kentucky where the offense is alleged to have been committed.
    Interesting. Why the recusal?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    My thoughts exactly.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

At least he is officially a felon now, the state charges are a joke.

It's still not anywhere near enough, Rand needs to take everything he owns in a civil suit and get a lifetime restraining order.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I'd have preferred a public lashing, but that'll work.

You can get that same sentence for having a pound of weed in Kentucky.
    "The Patriarch"

Ten years max, gets less than two years. Will time off for "good behavior" reduce it to less than a year?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

My thoughts exactly.
    It seems that from top to bottom the prosecutors in Kentucky are Democrats, so maybe one of them actually recused themselves.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 01-20-2018 at 10:58 AM.

Boucher allegedly witnessed the victim stack brush onto a pile near the victim’s property and “had enough.”
    I wonder if they mean near the perp's property.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I wonder if they mean near the perp's property.
    i wonder if "had enough" is a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    i wonder if "had enough" is a thing.
    Have you "had enough" of Dianne Feinstein?

Maybe has something to do with this? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregory_N._Stivers

"Gregory Neil Stivers (born June 20, 1960) is a United States District Judge of the United States District Court for the Western District of Kentucky."

"Stivers is a neighbor of Senator Rand Paul.[7] At the time of Stivers' nomination, Paul's Senate office in Bowling Green was in the same building that housed Stivers' law firm"

"As a matter of full disclosure, Alicia Stivers’ husband is U.S. District Judge Greg Stivers, who was nominated to the federal bench by Senator Paul. Alicia Stivers says Paul called her husband right after the attack, said he feared Boucher might return, and that he had called police." http://wkms.org/post/friend-rand-paul-attack-was-property-related

Maybe has something to do with this? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregory_N._Stivers

"Gregory Neil Stivers (born June 20, 1960) is a United States District Judge of the United States District Court for the Western District of Kentucky."

"Stivers is a neighbor of Senator Rand Paul.[7] At the time of Stivers' nomination, Paul's Senate office in Bowling Green was in the same building that housed Stivers' law firm"

"As a matter of full disclosure, Alicia Stivers’ husband is U.S. District Judge Greg Stivers, who was nominated to the federal bench by Senator Paul. Alicia Stivers says Paul called her husband right after the attack, said he feared Boucher might return, and that he had called police." http://wkms.org/post/friend-rand-paul-attack-was-property-related
    Should have known. Democrat partisans never recuse themselves, even when they are investigating themselves.

Ten years max, gets less than two years. Will time off for "good behavior" reduce it to less than a year?
    The real "punishment" will be a felony conviction for a violent act. That guy better not leave his house ever when he does get out, because that conviction amplifies all sentencing considerations he might face for other charges.

Pro tip for everyone reading......NEVER accept any kind of deal for any kind of assault charges. Fight, appeal...whatever you got to do. But don't ever just accept it.
    "Self conquest is the greatest of all victories." - Plato

Have you "had enough" of Dianne Feinstein?
    Wow.. you really need to stop drinking...
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Intoxiklown View Post
    The real "punishment" will be a felony conviction for a violent act. That guy better not leave his house ever when he does get out, because that conviction amplifies all sentencing considerations he might face for other charges.

Pro tip for everyone reading......NEVER accept any kind of deal for any kind of assault charges. Fight, appeal...whatever you got to do. But don't ever just accept it.
    Unless you are guilty with no hope of hoodwinking the jury and can get a reduced sentence like this freak.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Unless you are guilty with no hope of hoodwinking the jury and can get a reduced sentence like this freak.
    LOL....honestly, freak is probably being generous when speaking to this $#@!. But wasn't he a retired MD or something? That and living in a neighborhood with a federal judge and a Senator means he has the financial means to hire a $#@! kicker lawyer and at least go down fighting. Of course, to be fair as well....due to those same "advantages" it's also safe to assume he is an extreme low risk of having to worry about that conviction coming back to haunt him as well.
    "Self conquest is the greatest of all victories." - Plato

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Rand Paul attacker facing federal felony

RENE BOUCHER CHARGED WITH FELONY ASSAULT AGAINST BOWLING GREEN NEIGHBOR SEN. RAND PAUL

“Assaulting a member of Congress is an offense we take very seriously.”

https://www.infowars.com/rene-bouche...sen-rand-paul/
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber