Thread: Apple to invest $350 B in US, "repatriate" $200 B, creating 20,000 new jobs

Exclamation Apple to invest $350 B in US, "repatriate" $200 B, creating 20,000 new jobs

Just the proper rhetoric can influence business decisions.

Apple Announces $350 Billion Investment in US Economy, 20,000 New Jobs

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/0...0000-new-jobs/

Tim Cook
    The Associated Press

by Tom Ciccotta17 Jan 20182045
    Apple announced in a press release on Wednesday that the company will be investing $350 billion into the U.S. economy over the next five years.

According to a press release, Apple plans to create 20,000 new jobs in the United States over the next five years thanks to a $350 billion capital investment.

Combining new investments and Apple’s current pace of spending with domestic suppliers and manufacturers — an estimated $55 billion for 2018 — Apple’s direct contribution to the US economy will be more than $350 billion over the next five years, not including Apple’s ongoing tax payments, the tax revenues generated from employees’ wages and the sale of Apple products.

Apple specifically laid out in the press release their plans to create 20,000 new jobs through hiring at their current campuses as well as the creation of new ones.

“Apple expects to invest over $30 billion in capital expenditures in the US over the next five years and create over 20,000 new jobs through hiring at existing campuses and opening a new one. Apple already employs 84,000 people in all 50 states,” the press release reads.

A GBH research note revealed in January that Apple would be bringing $200 billion in foreign cash back to the United States as a result of the GOP tax reform bill.

“With Apple & Cook set to repatriate roughly $200 billion of cash based on our estimates we believe accelerated buybacks, another dividend hike, and potentially larger M&A will be the trifecta of benefits shareholders could expect to see in 2018,” the research note read.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's exactly what I've been saying. Many liberals are saying the up tick in the economy is just the progression of Obama and his policies and nothing to do with Trump. I've never heard such bull$#@! in my life. When it comes to the economy I give Trump high marks. The housing market is coming back. Construction is coming back and, locally, companies can't find enough skilled workers. Everywhere I drive there are "Help Wanted" signs. I don't particularly care for Trump, didn't vote for him, but he gets it when it comes to the economy.

Hmm....who is going to buy Apple's huge Treasury bond hoard that makes up the bulk of that overseas "cash"? Probably rhymes with Smederal Theserve.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    That's exactly what I've been saying. Many liberals are saying the up tick in the economy is just the progression of Obama and his policies and nothing to do with Trump. I've never heard such bull$#@! in my life. When it comes to the economy I give Trump high marks. The housing market is coming back. Construction is coming back and, locally, companies can't find enough skilled workers. Everywhere I drive there are "Help Wanted" signs. I don't particularly care for Trump, didn't vote for him, but he gets it when it comes to the economy.
    Trump economic policies have not yet been enacted. The tax cuts bill starts next year. We are still running on Obama.

Apple is actually investing $30 billion over five years or about $6 billion a year.
    Apple Inc (AAPL.O) will open a new campus as part of a five-year, $30 billion U.S. investment plan and will make about $38 billion in one-time tax payments on its overseas cash, one of the largest corporate spending plans announced since the passage of a tax cut signed by U.S. President Donald Trump.
    They have over $200 billion in money overseas and has about $90 billion in their own debt issued in the US (they issued another $7 billion in debt in November).

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ap...ash-2016-01-26

The problem with Apple’s “cash pile” is that most of it is not actually “cash” nor “on hand,” and it doesn’t take into account Apple’s debt. Apple has about $16.7 billion in cash and equivalents on its balance sheet. The majority of the assets included in its reserve is stashed in long-term marketable securities, meaning Apple plans to let those funds — roughly $177.7 billion — accrue interest for more than a year.

More importantly, almost all of Apple’s cash and securities are stashed overseas, proceeds from sales outside the United States that Apple will not bring back because it would then have to pay U.S. taxes. Maestri said Tuesday that $200 billion of Apple’s reserves — a whopping 93% — are overseas, and Cook has expressly said Apple does not plan to sacrifice roughly 40% of that stash in order to bring the proceeds home to Cupertino, Calif.

While cash and securities pile up overseas, Apple is piling up debt in the United States. The company currently sits on about $53.2 billion in long-term debt obligations as well as $32.2 billion in “non-current liabilities,” after executing a series of bond sales including the largest in history for a nonfinancial U.S. business.

And those debts don’t include the cash Apple has promised its shareholders, which are mostly financed by its bond sales. After spending more than $8.8 billion on stock repurchases and dividends in the fourth quarter of 2015, Apple is a little more than three-quarters of the way through a $200 billion capital-return program that it believes will set a corporate record for stock buybacks. There is another $47 billion promised to shareholders.

The promise to investors is why Maestri said more debt is likely.

“We also plan to be very active in the U.S. and international debt markets in 2016 in order to fund our capital return activities,” the financial chief said in Tuesday’s conference call.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-17-2018 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Trump economic policies have not yet been enacted. The tax cuts bill starts next year. We are still running on Obama.
    I think its all about rhetoric and feels not policies per say, some call it irrational exuberance but only time will tell who is right. Bookmarking this thread cos I would like to see how accurate these predictions about Trump's economic results is.

Apple is actually investing $30 billion over five years or about $6 billion a year.

They have over $200 billion in money overseas and has about $90 billion in their own debt issued in the US (they issued another $7 billion in debt in November).

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ap...ash-2016-01-26
    A P/E Ratio of about 20 . Not a stock I would pay 179 for .

Sigh...reading is fundamental.

First line in my OP:

Just the proper rhetoric can influence business decisions.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    According to Forbes, various provisions take effect at various times. Some in 2018, some in 2019, some TBD.

http://fortune.com/2017/12/20/gop-tax-bill-cuts-start/

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Sigh...reading is fundamental.

First line in my OP:
    Reading is fundamental. That must be why you posted an article that says nothing about rhetoric and in fact specifically talks about the newly enacted tax law from the govt as a reason for apple's action with the caption

"Just the proper rhetoric can influence business decisions."

A GBH research note revealed in January that Apple would be bringing $200 billion in foreign cash back to the United States as a result of the GOP tax reform bill.
    The above statement is sourced from the OP article. Yes way, look it up

Btw, can we really consider the ramblings of the leader of an armed murder gang just rhetoric? Its like calling Don Corleone suggestion to a movie producer to give his nephew the lead role just a suggestion.

Please don't lose your mind, integrity and whats left of your principles just because the man in the white house pretends to be fighting with the democrats.
    Last edited by juleswin; 01-18-2018 at 09:45 AM. Reason: lose not loose :)

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Shocked, shocked I tell you.

It's market psychology. It doesn't matter if the policies have been enacted yet or not. They are on track, and along with the positive rhetoric, it effects the market.

If Hillary was POTUS, unemployment would probably be at an all time high, and the market would be half it's current level. We'd be wallowing in a depressed left-wing hell of victimhood and both real and perceived oppression.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Please don't lose your mind, integrity and whats left of your principles just because the man in the white house pretends to be fighting with the democrats.
    Since the day after the election, I have adopted a wait and see attitude coupled with cautious optimism.

I will give credit where credit is due, criticism where it is warranted, and will continue to catalog and observe the rhetoric and actions of the Bolshevik and "minority" left, who has, in the past year or so, become completely unhinged and has stated, numerous times, that they want me, what I stand for, and my family dead.

Clearly Trump's "pro business" and reduced taxation and regulation rhetoric has been having a positive impact on business, markets and employment.

It most certainly has in my business, it has prompted direct, immediate and significant improvement.

To say otherwise is just announcing that you are suffering from TDS.

Since the day after the election, I have adopted a wait and see attitude coupled with cautious optimism.

I will give credit where credit is due, criticism where it is warranted, and will continue to catalog and observe the rhetoric and actions of the Bolshevik and "minority" left, who has, in the past year or so, become completely unhinged and has stated, numerous times, that they want me, what I stand for, and my family dead.

Clearly Trump's "pro business" and reduced taxation and regulation rhetoric has been having a positive impact on business, markets and employment.

It most certainly has in my business, it has prompted direct, immediate and significant improvement.

I think I understand some people being hopeful by having cautious optimism about the man but the history of the man with people, rhetoric and policies he has supported along with people he has appointed in his cabinet should tell you by now that he doesn't know what he is doing when it comes to the economy. This is a man that has supported universal healthcare, bailout, stimulus, said Obama was doing the right things after the got into office and also during the time Bush was cutting taxes and reducing regulations that the economy does well under democrats than republicans.

My point is that the economy is going through what I call irrational exuberance (Alan Greenspan phrase) and this will change when reality sets in. The fundamentals of the economy hasn't changed, this is still the borrow and print, big spending govt we've had in the past. Remember, Bush also cut taxes(corporate and personal) and reduced regulations a bit and that did not prevent the housing bubble from bursting. The same sort of thing Trump is doing now.

I believe this is Bush 2.0 and there will be a correction/ a down turn in the economy that would be blamed on him. I am not saying this because I get any pleasure in seeing the economy go bad, it's just that I have seen this story before and it did not end well. Its not just taxes but spending needs to be cut too and Trump admin going after the automatic cuts put in by the Sequester tells me that he is indeed clueless about the economy.

He is clearly unwilling to make the hard decisions that needs to be made to heal this economy and just like the rest of the president will kick the can down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    My point is that the economy is going through what I call irrational exuberance (Alan Greenspan phrase) and this will change when reality sets in. The fundamentals of the economy hasn't changed, this is still the borrow and print, big spending govt we've had in the past. Remember, Bush also cut taxes(corporate and personal) and reduced regulations a bit and that did not prevent the housing bubble from bursting. The same sort of thing Trump is doing now.
    Possibly, and you could be right.

All I know is that, in my case, regulatory burdens that cost millions in compliance costs are to be shelved, meaning we can be more competitive with other sources which in turn results in lower prices for everybody.

Another point I failed to address is this point that Trump has better intentions than those in "the Bolshevik and "minority" left, who has, in the past year or so, become completely unhinged and has stated, numerous times, that they want me, what I stand for, and my family dead.". Trump just like the past leaders want to drain you and your family, use your kids to fight the wars of the only people he truly cares about and we all know who I am talking about. He is not America first like he said in his campaign, the same people who controlled Obama are back in the white house running things. He may tinker around the edges to convince regular Americans that things are different but in reality,some may offer bottle way on the way but the destination is still that same.

You're listening too much to the talking heads on tv and in DC. I know plenty of "leftists" and not one of them wants you and your family dead. That's just the $#@! they tell you on tv to get you spun up and divided. Differences of opinion, sure, but death is media hyperbole and shouted by hand selected mouthpieces that just happen to have mics and cameras in front of them. Kinda surprised that at this point you're still falling for the divide and conquer MSM game.

Trump is 100% of a puppet of the bankers/globalists (see Firestarter's recent Trump=Rothschild thread in Hot Topics) so any improvement in your business is a side effect of planned changes, not Trump. Please do recognize the difference between organic economic improvement and the early signs of a major dollar devaluation. For example, wages may go upsubstantially as part of minimum wage raises but prices will follow very soon after. It's a zero sum game.
    Last edited by devil21; 01-19-2018 at 03:00 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    You're listening too much to the talking heads on tv and in DC. I know plenty of "leftists" and not one of them wants you and your family dead. That's just the $#@! they tell you on tv to get you spun up and divided. Differences of opinion, sure, but death is media hyperbole and shouted by hand selected mouthpieces that just happen to have mics and cameras in front of them. Kinda surprised that at this point you're still falling for the divide and conquer MSM game.
    He doesn't get that from msm, he gets it from social media.

Trump is 100% of a puppet of the bankers/globalists (see Firestarter's recent Trump=Rothschild thread in Hot Topics) so any improvement in your business is a side effect of planned changes, not Trump. Please do recognize the difference between organic economic improvement and the early signs of a major dollar devaluation. For example, wages may go upsubstantially as part of minimum wage raises but prices will follow very soon after. It's a zero sum game.
    Except that Trump is significantly reducing regulations, reducing taxes, and reducing spending. You can claim that isn't the case all day long in your head, but AF lives it. The economy may be due for a crash, but what Trump is doing isn't the same as raising minimum wage, it is the same direction Ron Paul would be trying to take us if he were President.

I'm willing to accept that there is a slightly possibility that this whole thing is a giant conspiracy theory, and all the Trump hate is just for show. But the fact is that doesn't make any sense at all. You should try and see things from the other side, because the media is lying to us everyday and they are lying about Trump. You seem to be the one falling for the media's propaganda.
    Last edited by dannno; 01-19-2018 at 03:58 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

Except that Trump is significantly reducing regulations, reducing taxes, and reducing spending. You can claim that isn't the case all day long in your head, but AF lives it. The economy may be due for a crash, but what Trump is doing isn't the same as raising minimum wage, it is the same direction Ron Paul would be trying to take us if he were President.

I'm willing to accept that there is a slightly possibility that this whole thing is a giant conspiracy theory, and all the Trump hate is just for show. But the fact is that doesn't make any sense at all. You should try and see things from the other side, because the media is lying to us everyday and they are lying about Trump. You seem to be the one falling for the media's propaganda.
    No point in rehashing all the reasons that Trump is a plant.

What's really going on in one single picture.

"And then he said he'd lock me up! And people believed him!"

I spy at least two media "Trump haters" in that picture alone.
    Last edited by devil21; 01-19-2018 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    No point in rehashing all the reasons that Trump is a plant.

What's really going on in one single picture.

"And then he said he'd lock me up! And people believed him!"

WATCH LIVE: FBI LAUNCHES THREE INVESTIGATIONS INTO HILLARY CLINTON

https://www.infowars.com/watch-live-trump-gives-america-a-bite-of-the-apple/

At least admit that when Hillary goes to prison, you will STILL be saying Trump is a plant and it's all a show.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Agree. And the "strength" of this economy is all smoke anyway, because nothing will change until our fiat system is dismantled.

WATCH LIVE: FBI LAUNCHES THREE INVESTIGATIONS INTO HILLARY CLINTON

https://www.infowars.com/watch-live-trump-gives-america-a-bite-of-the-apple/

At least admit that when Hillary goes to prison, you will STILL be saying Trump is a plant and it's all a show.
    I probably would. Sorta like how Hitler "died on fire in a bunker" but actually ended up in a South American paradise and lived into his 80's.

Btw, I don't even need to click on that link to know that the reference to the "bite of the apple" is code for lying and manipulating other people.

------------
    You say that like there's a difference these days. One is an extension of the other now.
    Last edited by devil21; 01-20-2018 at 08:44 PM.