Thread: 556 baptized in Congo in two days

556 baptized in Congo in two days

Link here. http://orthochristian.com/109967.html

Pictures in link
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's great!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

The angels rejoice.

In before the joy robber.
    Last edited by euphemia; 01-17-2018 at 01:03 PM.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    Link here. http://orthochristian.com/109967.html

Pictures in link
    I am just curious. Are these Coptics or Ethiopian Orthodox?

Prayers and rejoicing.

It is interesting that The first missionary to Ethiopia is recorded in scripture.. And the history of that land is horific.

I can not help but believe an ancient evil resides there.. and that makes the works of God so Glorious.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I am just curious. Are these Coptics or Ethiopian Orthodox?
    Neither. Eastern Orthodox, from the ancient Patriarchate of Alexandria
    +

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Prayers and rejoicing.

It is interesting that The first missionary to Ethiopia is recorded in scripture.. And the history of that land is horific.

I can not help but believe an ancient evil resides there.. and that makes the works of God so Glorious.
    There is much missionary work being done there by the Orthodox Church. Africa and Central America are demonstrating the greatest rise in baptisms currently worldwide with entire communities converting.

The missionaries in Africa in particular speak of the great difficulty in converting the people because of dark magic which they must contend against. The cultures and religions there are steeped in demonic activity and power and it is with great spiritual battles whereby the continent is turning slowing Christian. Of course, much work is left to be done, but it is great to see progress being made. Glory to God for all things!
    +

What is also a known secret is that many Turks are secretly converting and becoming Christians (cryptoChristians). The media and government don’t like to talk about it but the numbers are estimated to be in the 10-15 million people range. This is quite an impressive number if true.
    +

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Here is a nice interview about an ex-rock star who became a missionary priest in Africa.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/programs/...opoulo/6978258
    +

It's also the one place that was able to resist Islam almost entirely.
    Christians in Ethiopia draw an unbroken line of history going all the way back to Solomon.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

This is Isaiah 55 coming to pass. God is summoning the nations.
    #NashvilleStrong

I do hope we get some Africans in my parish some day. We have Russians, Romanians, Greeks, a Bulgarian, and lots of generic American protestant converts, but nobody from Africa or the far East yet.

I'm wondering, though... the most I've seen baptized at one time was eight, and it was a family. I'd be really interested to see the format of a mass baptism. It takes nearly an hour for one infant.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

So, the non-Orthdox should note something interesting here. Outdoor baptismal structures are a very ancient custom that hasn't really caught on in America. But this was the norm for the first part of Christianity.

Also note that the proper practice is, actually, full immersion. Baptizing by washing the head only is a strictly Western practice.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    This is Isaiah 55 coming to pass. God is summoning the nations.
    And also Malachi 1:11

For from the rising of the sun, even to its going down,
    My name shall be great among the Gentiles;
    In every place incense shall be offered to My name,
    And a pure offering;
    For My name shall be great among the nations,”
    Says the LORD of hosts.

And at this time, in the world, the Liturgy is somewhere on a continent taking place, where incense is offered in His Name, and the Eucharist (pure offering) is being given for the life of the world.

Trinity Orthodox Church in Antarctica
    Last edited by TER; 01-17-2018 at 02:32 PM.
    +

Neither. Eastern Orthodox, from the ancient Patriarchate of Alexandria
    I learned something. I just assumed that Alexandria was Coptic. Thanks, I will have to read up on this.

Future of the growth in Christianity will be in Africa.
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I learned something. I just assumed that Alexandria was Coptic. Thanks, I will have to read up on this.
    The Copts fell into the heresy of the Monophysites and broke away from the rest of the Church and started their own community. The Patriarchate of Alexandria of the original One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church has always remained.
    Last edited by TER; 01-17-2018 at 02:30 PM.
    +

The Copts fell into the heresy of the Monophysites and broke away from the rest of the Church and started their own community. The Patriarchate of Alexandria of the original One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church has always remained.
    Hm. Just last week I was surprised to hear (from a Metropolitan) that the Chalcedonian split has been all but officially healed. My BiL went to seminary at St Tikhon's about 10 years ago with non-Chalcedonians, and their respective churches accepted them as priests without even any formal questioning process to see that they maintained their Christology.

From what I've read on this split, it always seemed to me that the real splitting was done on hairs. This is something I actually pray for a lot, the rejoining of the Chalcedonians and non-Chalcedonians.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Hm. Just last week I was surprised to hear (from a Metropolitan) that the Chalcedonian split has been all but officially healed. My BiL went to seminary at St Tikhon's about 10 years ago with non-Chalcedonians, and their respective churches accepted them as priests without even any formal questioning process to see that they maintained their Christology.

From what I've read on this split, it always seemed to me that the real splitting was done on hairs. This is something I actually pray for a lot, the rejoining of the Chalcedonians and non-Chalcedonians.
    From my understanding, it was from a bad communication between different languages.

It is quite remarkable (miraculous in fact) how close in doctrine and liturgical practices the Chalcedonians and non-Chalcedonians are, even 1700 years after formally splitting. It goes to show how much fidelity each body has held to the earlier traditions handed down to them from the first centuries. In almost every aspect they are identical, be it ecclesiastical, liturgical, doctrinal, etc. This is proof of the Holy Spirit working within both bodies and the authenticity and timelessness of their witness through created time and space.

The schism that occurred was not over trivial matters however, and it has not been officially healed, although it is getting closer all the time. The Copts have over the centuries now claimed and admitted that their Monophysite position was indeed not Monophysite, but rather miaphysite, and the whole controversy and schism was over an honest misunderstanding in terminology and language. This has helped them come closer to the doctrinal purity which the Eastern Orthodox Church has been the guardian of.

Like the Catholics, the Coptic accept the grace of the sacraments and priesthood of the Orthodox (Chalcedonian Church), but the reverse is not universally so. There is however much economia and dispensations allowed, so that if an Eastern Orthodox lives in a land where only a Coptic parish is, they are given the grace by the Orthodox Bishop to receive communion there. This stipulation, again, is case-specific and an act of mercy and is in no way a proclamation of official intercommunion between the two churches.

It is obvious that there is much grace within the Coptic/Oriental Orthodox Church and that the Holy Spirit is strongly present there.

It is also my personal belief (and prayer) that, before the Day of Judgement arrives, both will be re-united and that schism of old will be healed and all will worship together as one body in the Mystical Supper of the Lord in the age to come.
    Last edited by TER; 01-17-2018 at 06:05 PM.
    +

From my understanding, it was from a bad communication between different languages.
    Babel strikes again..

The confusion of tongues,, even works when we speak the same language.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Babel strikes again..

The confusion of tongues,, even works when we speak the same language.
    Hey Pete, here's a germane question I ask in the spirit of friendly dialogue.
    You frequently say you have no place for religion, and are obviously well versed in Scripture. How do you reconcile your rejection of religion with Scripture's clear command to baptize?

There is much missionary work being done there by the Orthodox Church. Africa and Central America are demonstrating the greatest rise in baptisms currently worldwide with entire communities converting.
    This is true for other kinds of Christianity too.

While it may look like Christianity is waning in America, worldwide it is growing at a pace that would surprise most people.

We have a Coptic church on our street. They describe themselves as Orthodox, and they are very clear about that. They are not shy about saying they love Jesus. They have been greatly persecuted in their homeland, and I think the US congretions are thriving.
    #NashvilleStrong

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hey Pete, here's a germane question I ask in the spirit of friendly dialogue.
    You frequently say you have no place for religion, and are obviously well versed in Scripture. How do you reconcile your rejection of religion with Scripture's clear command to baptize?
    Any Believer can Baptize a new believer..

I reject the religions of men.. But am a believer in Jesus Christ,

and I once was ordained,, for all it matters.
    Religions, imho, though maintaining certain truths,, also blur others. I personally believe that there is both truth and error in all of them.

I call myself glibly,, a Druidic Christian. which is no religion at all.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 01-17-2018 at 06:54 PM.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom