Thread: Rand Paul, others, LIVE on C-span talking about FISA filibuster

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Rand Paul, others, LIVE on C-span talking about FISA filibuster

Rand Paul and other senators talking about FISA - just started a few minutes ago.
    https://www.c-span.org/video/?439844...orization&live

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What a nice alliance.

Currently voting on "cloture" - aka - ending debate and moving on to final vote to reauthorize.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?439676...orization&live

C-span2:
    60 votes to limit debate & set up final vote
    Last edited by Valli6; 01-16-2018 at 04:56 PM.

It is hard for me to imagine McConnell giving this a vote if he didn't have 60 votes but Dems vote reflexively against anything Republicans support. I cynically think Dems will magically get it to 60 votes. Either way, good on Rand for forcing 60 votes.

Edit: And of course, it magically hit right at 60.
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 01-16-2018 at 06:16 PM.

It appears liberty lost today, by 1 vote? These politicians seemingly dont care about being voted out and the pressure Campaign For Liberty puts on them with their phone campaigns? One of those emails is what got me to come here to find the news...After this, I'm wondering if any hope is left or if we're simply controlled opposition. This was huge.

Quote Originally Posted by xRonPaulholic View Post
    It appears liberty lost today, by 1 vote? These politicians seemingly dont care about being voted out and the pressure Campaign For Liberty puts on them with their phone campaigns? One of those emails is what got me to come here to find the news...After this, I'm wondering if any hope is left or if we're simply controlled opposition. This was huge.
    If you want some hope and optimism watch the Ron Paul liberty report. Ron used to be the only person voting against stuff like FISA, All this means is we have more work to do. Washington won't change until more people wake up and demand it. We see this happened with Trump but the people were bamboozled. Don't worry though we are not controlled opposition, an army can't stop an idea, Rand is just using Trump as a platform to launch ideas from because Trump is always too ambiguous for his supporters to figure out his positions.