Thread: Dear Abbey....

Dear Abbey....

Dear Abbey: I was waited on at an Applebees by a multi-gendered, multi-sexual today. Under the name on the ticket it read "White-male-Cis-Gendered-$#@!-lord." I ordered an appetizer of Chicken Wonton Tacos and a main course of the Half Rack of Double Glazed Baby Back Ribs. The service wasn't very good, it seemed almost hostile, but I tipped 15% because that is expected these days. Should I complain to the management?

Dear $#@!-lord: No. That would be inappropriate. Because you are white male and cis-gendered, you have special privileges not afforded to absolutely anyone else in society. Realize that by ordering a fusion of Chinese and Latin American as an appetizer and a Black American main course you were insulting individuals from these cultures. It's called cultural appropriation. You have no right to eating these foods and were lucky enough to have been afforded the opportunity. It would have been appropriate to have tipped 99% of your bill as a way of repatriation for past injustices by living your life of a one-percenter. In the future, if you wish to avoid this situation, I recommend you take your supper at your Country Club.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Abigail Van Buren has to be dead by now.
    "The Patriarch"

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Abigail Van Buren has to be dead by now.
    Her Daughter writes the column . Her Moms real name was Pauline .

Best not to even show your face around here anymore.

Go home and kill yourself on heroin, white devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Best not to even show your face around here anymore.

Go home and kill yourself on heroin, white devil.
    Wait, this is real?
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Wait, this is real?
    No. I made it up. Figured some others might try a hand. Had an idea and just $#@!ed with it. Thought others might join in. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    No. I made it up. Figured some others might try a hand. Had an idea and just $#@!ed with it. Thought others might join in. lol.
    That's what's so $#@!ed up...you had to look at for a minute and think about it...not outside the realm of plausibility.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've been thinking about doing one on home improvement or car repair...something something "female pipe fittings" something something.

I thought she looked pretty good with the one funky short hair style but I never read the column .

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    This song came to mind as soon as I came across the thread.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to pcosmar again.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

That's what's so $#@!ed up...you had to look at for a minute and think about it...not outside the realm of plausibility.
    Not at all. It pretty much wrote itself once I got going.

I've been thinking about doing one on home improvement or car repair...something something "female pipe fittings" something something.
    Did you just assume the fitting's gender?!??!