Thread: The Cranberries Lead Singer Dolores O'Riordan Dies at Age 46

The Cranberries Lead Singer Dolores O'Riordan Dies at Age 46

RIP Dolores.

The Cranberries Lead Singer Dolores O'Riordan Dies at Age 46

The Irish rock band is known for mega '90s rock hits like "Linger" and "Zombie."

By Ben Lee
    JAN 15, 2018

The Cranberries' Dolores O'Riordan has sadly passed away at the age of 46. The Irish singer died in London, with few details released by her publicist at this time.

"The lead singer with the Irish band The Cranberries was in London for a short recording session," a statement read. "No further details are available at this time.

"Family members are devastated to hear the breaking news and have requested privacy at this very difficult time."

The Cranberries formed in 1989, and are behind famous hits like "Linger," "Zombie," "Dreams," and "Ode to My Family."

They temporarily split in 2003 to pursue solo careers, but reunited in 2009.

In 2017, they released an acoustic compilation album titled Something Else, which peaked at number 18 in the U.K. album charts. They have sold more than 40 million records worldwide.

The band Kodaline paid tribute to O'Riordan on social media.

"Absolutely shocked to hear about the passing of Dolores O'Riordan!" they tweeted. "@The_Cranberries gave us our first big support when we toured with them around France years ago! Thoughts are with her family and friends."

Listen to the classic tracks "Linger" and "Zombie" below:

http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life...zen.yandex.com
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They had a unique sound to them.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

What a shame, she had a haunting voice.

RIP. One of the few truly unique younger singers.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

How sad. She was young. I loved her voice.
    Last edited by lilymc; 01-15-2018 at 08:31 PM.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by navy-vet View Post
    Cancer?
    As far as I can find they haven't released any cause of death

I love this song and several others by The Cranberries. That is indeed tragic news
    Last edited by Original_Intent; 01-15-2018 at 09:59 PM.
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    She had some lungs. Admittedly "Zombie" was the only song of hers, and the Cranberries, I was aware of. Great voice.

I always thought Sinead O'Connor owned Zombie.

Darn shame. Zombie was one of the most kickazz songs of it’s era.

O’Riordan was found dead around 9 AM on 15 January inside a hotel room.
    A spokesperson for O’Riordan said she died “suddenly”. She was in London for a short recording session.
    Cops in Westminster were dispatched to what authorities described as "a sudden death".

The Cranberries reformed in March 2017 with a new album full of their biggest hits and European tour. In May the band were forced to cancel their remaining European tour dates as a result of O'Riordan's poor health.
    The official website cited "medical reasons associated with a back problem" preventing her from performing: http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-a8160581.html

The cause of Dolores O’Riordan’s death has still not been revealed.
    The police made a statement today that her death is “is not being treated as suspicious”: http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-42703888

Here’s O’Riordan's last tweet of 3 January.
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

Holy crap. I am not a fan... her voice was not quite in my spectrum of "wow", but 46? Poor dear. Mewonders what happened.

My friend Mike of the flea market informed me today that his brother, whom I also knew, died not long ago. When they found him, his body had turned black. I really don't want to know.

PS: just saw suicide. How sad.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

The report on her death got really pushed back.

This article is from last month. I had not heard anything for awhile, so looked it up.

Cranberries singer O'Riordan died by drowning

The Cranberries front woman Dolores O'Riordan died by drowning due to alcohol intoxication, an inquest at Westminster Coroner's Court has heard.

The singer, who died suddenly on 15 January aged 46, was found submerged in the bath in her room at London's Park Lane Hilton hotel.

O'Riordan died as a result of a "tragic accident", the coroner said.

She had no injuries or evidence of self harm, and had drunk an excessive amount of alcohol, expert witnesses said.

She had been in the Park Lane Hilton hotel as part of a recording trip ahead of a 2018 tour.
    Image copyright Shutterstock

PC Natalie Smart, who attended the scene, told the inquest: "I saw Mrs O'Riordan submerged in the bath with her nose and mouth fully under the water."

The inquest heard that there were empty bottles in the room - five miniature bottles and a bottle of champagne - as well as containers of prescription drugs with a quantity of tablets in each container.

Toxicology tests showed only "therapeutic" amounts of medication in O'Riordan's blood, but showed up 330mg of alcohol per 100ml of blood - meaning she was more than four times over the 80mg legal limit for driving.

The inquest was attended by O'Riordan's mother, brother and sister-in-law. She split from her husband of 20 years, Don Burton, in 2014.

She and Burton, who is the former tour manager of Duran Duran, have three children together.
    Image copyright Island Records

Image caption The band's 2017 tour had to be cancelled due to O'Riordan's health issues

The inquest heard that the singer checked into the hotel on 14 January. She was in touch with room service at around midnight and phoned her mother at around 03:00 GMT.

She was later found unresponsive in the bathroom and confirmed dead at 09:16.

The inquest heard that O'Riordan had bipolar disorder but responded well to treatment.

The hearing was also told that she went through periods of abstention and periods of excessive drinking.

She had spoken to psychiatrist Dr Seamus O Ceallaigh on 9 January and was in "good spirits".

The inquest coincided with the day that would have been O'Riordan's 47th birthday.

In a statement issued after the hearing, The Cranberries said: "Dolores will live on eternally in her music."

The band's statement in full:

On January 15th 2018 we lost our dear friend and band mate Dolores O'Riordan.

"Today we continue to struggle to come to terms with what happened.

"Our heartfelt condolences go out to Dolores' children and her family and our thoughts are with them today.

"Dolores will live on eternally in her music. To see how much of a positive impact she had on people's lives has been a source of great comfort to us.

"We'd like to say thank you to all of our fans for the outpouring of messages and their continued support during this very difficult time.

"We request, please, for our privacy to be respected at this time."

During the 90s, the Irish musician led the band to international success and their hit singles including Linger and Zombie.

The band embarked on a UK and European tour in 2017, but it had to be cancelled in May as a result of O'Riordan's health issues.

he official Cranberries website cited "medical reasons associated with a back problem" that prevented O'Riordan from performing.

But just before Christmas, the singer had posted on Facebook saying she was "feeling good" and had done her "first bit of gigging in months", leading fans to believe she would soon be on tour again.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-45434898
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Toxicology tests showed only "therapeutic" amounts of medication in O'Riordan's blood
    Pretty sure that any medication that interacts with alcohol warns not to mix with alcohol at all. The “therapeutic” amount is not safe when combined with alcohol.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

The inquest heard that there were empty bottles in the room - five miniature bottles and a bottle of champagne
    Death by mini-bar.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.